3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

"
One thing that helped or maybe I am just imaging it but I put two ghastly jewels into an Darkness Enthroned one with blind and one with taunt. I assume the 50% increase from the belt goes to blind and taunt too. Also an additional jewel on the tree with hinder. I am sure my jewels could be much better optimized but I have not felt the need to do anything yet.

Thanks again for the build :)

Stygian vise with well rolled ghastly gems are a great defensive boost, and yes the 50% adds to blind/taunt chance. None of our minions cast spells at enemies, so you won't get much value out of the hinder jewel in the tree.
FYI, last league I spent about 200 chaos rolling jewels and didn't get much. Better to buy than craft IMO.
"
grimlock9999 wrote:
"
One thing that helped or maybe I am just imaging it but I put two ghastly jewels into an Darkness Enthroned one with blind and one with taunt. I assume the 50% increase from the belt goes to blind and taunt too. Also an additional jewel on the tree with hinder. I am sure my jewels could be much better optimized but I have not felt the need to do anything yet.

Thanks again for the build :)

Stygian vise with well rolled ghastly gems are a great defensive boost, and yes the 50% adds to blind/taunt chance. None of our minions cast spells at enemies, so you won't get much value out of the hinder jewel in the tree.
FYI, last league I spent about 200 chaos rolling jewels and didn't get much. Better to buy than craft IMO.

Thanks for the reply - oh yeah, forgot to mention since I only have a 4L Queen's escape, I put the guardian and golem in there and skeletons in The Baron for the time being. I also swapped out Brutality for Melee Physical which looks to be slightly lower DPS but then my vaal skeleton guys should have a better party since their casting should do damage now, right? Not even running specters since damage is totally ridiculous as is. I don't know if my thinking on all that is good but its working out with what I am doing now.

Also, I was wondering if it would work out to put melee splash linked to the zombies to do the clearing. Then swap melee splash from the skeletons with a damage gem and make the skeletons more single target? Would make for an even more automated build.
"
Thanks for the reply - oh yeah, forgot to mention since I only have a 4L Queen's escape, I put the guardian and golem in there and skeletons in The Baron for the time being. I also swapped out Brutality for Melee Physical which looks to be slightly lower DPS but then my vaal skeleton guys should have a better party since their casting should do damage now, right? Not even running specters since damage is totally ridiculous as is. I don't know if my thinking on all that is good but its working out with what I am doing now.

Also, I was wondering if it would work out to put melee splash linked to the zombies to do the clearing. Then swap melee splash from the skeletons with a damage gem and make the skeletons more single target? Would make for an even more automated build.

Yep, that all looks good.. brutality definitely ruins your vaal mages, so melee phys is better for them. Since zombies naturally do an AOE slam, and violent dead lowers that cooldown, melee splash is not that great in zombies (IMO), but try it and see, you may like it better.
im sorry if this was asked already but what is the bloodmagic gem in the Animate Guardian + Raise Spectre + Minion Life + blood magic setup for?
"
Geth833 wrote:
im sorry if this was asked already but what is the bloodmagic gem in the Animate Guardian + Raise Spectre + Minion Life + blood magic setup for?

Now that I am a pro at this build (hehe), I can start helping folks! The bloodmagic is for the spectres. Since they were raised via blood magic, they will use blood magic whenever they cast their frenzy or critical strike charges. Thus, they will use their health pool instead of mana to constantly keep buffing your minions. If you didn't have blood magic, they would run out mana real quick and the buffs would be less consistent.

Grimlock! I finally did it! It took nearly 100 hours of playing time but I finally got my first 6 link! I am either going to 6 link a near perfect Belly or a near perfect Queen's escape. What do you suggest?

https://imgur.com/a/8Zw4Blc

Your build is so fun and relaxing. I am going to play it every league. This was my first Atziri, my first level 88 (and climbing), and my first 6 link. Your build is fantastic for beginners and as a league starter. This is only my second league in PoE and I haven't played in 3 years. You were always so helpful in answering my thousands of questions and I am glad I stuck to this build and not anything else. I like your style. Thank you again! I will stick around this thread and help people.
Last edited by sighlight on Jun 12, 2018, 2:48:43 AM
"
sighlight wrote:

Now that I am a pro at this build (hehe), I can start helping folks! The bloodmagic is for the spectres. Since they were raised via blood magic, they will use blood magic whenever they cast their frenzy or critical strike charges. Thus, they will use their health pool instead of mana to constantly keep buffing your minions. If you didn't have blood magic, they would run out mana real quick and the buffs would be less consistent.

I didnt know this.. thanks
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
Hey Grim, nice build. and just following it very closely. but just wanna know why does this build ignore OFFERING gems??? shall i make a setup of offering gems CWDT for more damage boost or may be for better defense eventually ?

can you please explain this route with proper clearance ? i mean it by Bone offering, flesh offering etc..
This is probably a stupid question, but it's my first league. What's the button setup for this build? I feel like I have more skills than available buttons...
"
CoachEvan wrote:
This is probably a stupid question, but it's my first league. What's the button setup for this build? I feel like I have more skills than available buttons...

Golem on first slot (where default walk\attack is) and re-summon it with shift+click.
Mid mouse button I usually use for non essential switch for Summon AG and Spirits + Portal as active skill
Right mouse for Summon Skeletons
You can activate and hide your Purity of Elements and Hatred so their placement on bar is not important (usually I have aura visible at "T" slot just as visual reminder)
Place Phase run where you comfortable to spam it (Q for me)
Vaal Summon Skeletons is next on bar.
Summon Zombie and Desecrate are not that important so place them wherever you need.

Something like this
Last edited by kassigainen on Jun 12, 2018, 9:44:54 AM
"
Hey Grim, nice build. and just following it very closely. but just wanna know why does this build ignore OFFERING gems??? shall i make a setup of offering gems CWDT for more damage boost or may be for better defense eventually ?

can you please explain this route with proper clearance ? i mean it by Bone offering, flesh offering etc..

Good question. The only reason to ignore offerings is laziness. The build aims to minimise button pushes.

Offerings are a really good option if you want to deviate from the standard build. They offer great utility, you can easily fit in a CWDT desecrate, or even a self cast desecrate, so plenty of corpses for you .. And commander of darkness or fleshbinder are non-essential ascendencies, so either can switch to mistress of sacrifice.

Since I love defences, I'd say Bone offering is the best choice, but flesh offering will speed up your clear time in maps. I think Blood offering is the best boost to DPS, but you need the bloodbond unique body armour to run it.

So in short, self cast offering skill takes up only one gem slot, take one cast every 4 or so seconds, and I'm just too lazy to use them!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info