[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

"
leafyr0kr wrote:
Doing an Ascendant spin-off of this build. My AoE clear is just fine for enemies up to T15, but the single target is seriously lacking (my limit right now is T12 ~ T13, getting worse with certain map mods). Shit is also expensive as fuck, so I wasted a ton of currency just to adjust my resists and get the necessary leech + some uniques (still need amulet). Got 2 questions:

1. Is Choir of the Storm an huge dps upgrade?
2. I got a PoB link for Ascendant on the first pages of the thread, but I gotta ask: as Ascendant, should you get Alira or get the +2 passive points?

Also took the advice from someone else on the last few pages and went Slayer instead of Inquisitor. The overleech REALLY helps, and 10% culling strike on every hit is a blessing. Atm going for a MF setup to try and farm some currency to get the rest of the gear. :~

I am using Ascendant spin-off too. Have cleared all content except for Uber Elder. Died 1 time fighting Chimera(couldn't find it fast enough). All bosses except for Guardians, Shaper, Red Elder, Uber Atziri are complete joke. Can kill without swapping to damage setup.

Initially I started as Slayer/Ele, but later decided that overleech doesn't help too much fighting with endgame bosses, I needed faster leech to facetank them, not just overleech. So I turned to Inq/Ele.

As for Choir - I am quite happy with my current amy, don't want to change it to Choir, don't see any benefits for my dps and survivability.

I go with Alira because of resists, I use a lot of uniques without resist + need to get chaos res due to incursion chaos mobs.

I think the concept with Essense Worm + Wrath can be a thing, need to test it, but have one issue - without Berek I lose my life leech and this part is crucial for me, don't want to reroll hexproof maps. If we use Berek + Essense worm it would be very hard to cup resists. Maybe 4th affix on jewels can cover it, need to test.

Overall, I think in my current state I lack damage for Uber Elder fight. Need to figure something out
I'm just thinkin about it can we use unearth bodyswap instead of lightning warp? Is it a lose?
"
thethief92 wrote:
I'm just thinkin about it can we use unearth bodyswap instead of lightning warp? Is it a lose?

You can, but why? Lightning warp is faster, need only 1 swing and you go under your mouse and not most of time on a random corpse, the only thing worse on lightning warp is the minimum range.
"
Nekikool wrote:
"
thethief92 wrote:

You can, but why? Lightning warp is faster, need only 1 swing and you go under your mouse and not most of time on a random corpse, the only thing worse on lightning warp is the minimum range.

Idk. I just wanted to ask sometimes LW makes me mad when stuck near the doors LuL
"
thethief92 wrote:
"
Nekikool wrote:
"
thethief92 wrote:

Idk. I just wanted to ask sometimes LW makes me mad when stuck near the doors LuL

It will be the same with unearth / body swap btw.
"
Yoluun wrote:
I'm not sure what bosses you are struggling with. I'm facetanking T15 bosses without any issues unless you get some really rippy mods (+crit chance, +crit multi, +dmg cold/fire/lightning). Haven't tried facetanking guardians yet, but videos suggest it can be done.

The damage is also super high, so not sure what the issue is.

Looking at your profile, the only suggestions I would have are:

Drop Atziri step and pick up rare boots, getting health, MS, and resistances.
With resistances, it lets you drop your ring and pick up an opal ring with +lightning dmg for more damage. It also lets you replace jewels with 2+ dmg mod jewels, which should definitely help.
I haven't done the calcs (don't have access to PoB at this second), but I suspect Choir of the storm will give you a lot of damage. I think people have tried to duplicate Choir's damage in PoB using rare amulets, and it almost always falls short.

Thanks, i thought i had enough fun with that build to invest more into it. Damage is definitely better with the Choir and more damage oriented jeweles, and it feels really good at mapping overall, still gonna have to learn the limits when it comes to survive on bosses.

Hey there, can i use the 3.1 inquis version of this build? mostly cause i had leveled one already :P
I've been farming like a madman on T11's with an mf variant of this build.

What are your thoughts on using a Headhunter - I will be making a dedicated boss build and this will stay as a farm build. Although I've had no issues with killing t15 bosses in mf gear (too lazy to swap lol).

Great build btw, I have been having a ton of fun this league =)
"
blaza192 wrote:
"
tom333 wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
When reading through this I see the general consensus is that the damage more than enough for most of the content. Still, most are using Mastermind over Paragon. Won't the damage be enough still when taking Paragon? I know the lightning penetration is huge so boss fights will take longer but if you are better able to sustain these fights and not worry about reflect, ever, won't that just make life easier?

I was considering it, but Paragon is not needed as long as you have a bereks on you. And dropping Mastermind just hits at around 15-20 less damage which is quite substantial. And from my experience last league you can do uber atziri if you are carefull and swap out arc for shock nova with conc. Also you either drop Herald of Thunder completely then or you lose some more ehp.

Was looking at your character and wondering how you got your jewels. Did you just craft them?

A bit late but i bought them early in the league ranging in between 40-100c. Most of them were 3 stats and got exalted by me, basically hitting nothing good. ^^
"
Krelian6 wrote:
I am using Ascendant spin-off too. Have cleared all content except for Uber Elder. Died 1 time fighting Chimera(couldn't find it fast enough). All bosses except for Guardians, Shaper, Red Elder, Uber Atziri are complete joke. Can kill without swapping to damage setup.

Initially I started as Slayer/Ele, but later decided that overleech doesn't help too much fighting with endgame bosses, I needed faster leech to facetank them, not just overleech. So I turned to Inq/Ele.

As for Choir - I am quite happy with my current amy, don't want to change it to Choir, don't see any benefits for my dps and survivability.

I go with Alira because of resists, I use a lot of uniques without resist + need to get chaos res due to incursion chaos mobs.

I think the concept with Essense Worm + Wrath can be a thing, need to test it, but have one issue - without Berek I lose my life leech and this part is crucial for me, don't want to reroll hexproof maps. If we use Berek + Essense worm it would be very hard to cup resists. Maybe 4th affix on jewels can cover it, need to test.

Overall, I think in my current state I lack damage for Uber Elder fight. Need to figure something out

I'm playing on an elementalist (ignore the fact that my links aren't right and my tree is a bit fucked) right now and I feel like I have to drop Paragon to do enough damage to win in higher tier maps. Extra life/resist/avoidance of elemental ailments in t13+ has started to become an issue for damage. The extra 25% penetration from Mastermind of Discord might help. OTOH, Paragon of Calamity feels super tanky and I really appreciate that I can more or less not even look at map mods right now.

I'm also not too sure where to pick up damage besides level 21 arc/ball lightning and impossibly expensive crit multi jewels. I'm just a bit sad that I'm feeling a cap on the build around t13-15.

I could get a better ring to go with Berek's, for sure, but any other ideas? Low-hanging fruit looks to me like:
1) Drop "Light of Divinity" wasted points, get a jewel socket and fill it
2) Belt upgrade to Stygian
3) Opal to replace the 2-stone
4) Keep trying to hit a Ball Lightning/Arc 21
5) Arcane Surge setup

Am I missing anything else?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info