[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

"
f4sak3n wrote:
How important is impulsa's for clear speed and berek's grip for leech in something like this? Any other source of reasonably priced leech? Some of these fairly basic items are ridiculously high with the exalt price now.. 200 chaos Berek's...

Inpulsa's gives a very substantial clearspeed increase. It's noticeable as soon as you equip it. I described it as a an order of magnitude higher because it feels like the difference of 4 or 5 gem levels. Of course, it's only so effective because of Beacon of Ruin. As soon as you shock 1 enemy you guarantee that the whole pack will have an Inpulsa chain reaction. If you haven't finished Uber Lab it won't be as noticeable.

I'm interested in your Berek's question as well. As far as I can see the only reason to use it is for the leech. The lightning dmg to spells just isn't that significant. It feels like such a waste of a ring slot. Surely there is a source of leech with much less of an opportunity cost?

I won't have beacon of ruin as I'm coming from the scion end, so was wondering if it's going to help me more than some of the other really nice chest options available.

Hopefully someone else has some experience with putting together enough leech to make slayer worthwhile without using berek's, otherwise it's probably not the best option. The cost is crazy relative to what it provides and there are so many nicer options if leech can be obtained somehow without it.
Last edited by nogglebeak on Jun 21, 2018, 1:41:09 PM
EDIT:

nvm. I looked up the mechanics no charge needed :D
Last edited by AshenEye on Jun 21, 2018, 3:55:31 PM
"
AshenEye wrote:
It migt be silly question but in this build, how does the elementalist generate endurance charges for Immortal call?

The only way would be with gear. But you don't need endurance charges for IC to work. Even without them you get like a split second of phys damage immortality which is enough to survive things like porcupine spikes.
What helm enchant do you recommend for 3.3 since ball lightning was disabled.
Can you explain how frenzy fits in? Cause I am not getting charges unless I use frenzy. Is it only suppose to be used on bosses for max stacks?
Last edited by Xylezzz on Jun 21, 2018, 5:30:06 PM
"
pastooleo1 wrote:
"
nostraop wrote:

i guess this is a noob question guys, ive been trying to figure out about why is my attack speed only going for 3.53 with triple frenzy stacks my base attack speed is 3.33 right now, i tried to calculate the 15% additional from the frenzy buff and the result is 3.8295. is there something wrong with my calculation? TIA guys help is appreciated.

ps ive been playing this game for about a week now so im still a bit confused

You're probably calculating the additional attack speed on top of your already existing attack speed increases. This is wrong. The additional attack speed granted by Frenzy charges are calculated along with the other additional attack speed that you have, not after it. the 15% is an increase to your base attack speed, not to your end-result attack speed.

Also, I'd like to give you a heads up that, even though 4.00 APS is the theoretical limit for Poet's Pen spell casts, the real sweet spot number for attacks per second is 3.75 because of server response time. Anything above 3.75 attacks per second actually results in repeated missed casts/spells, losing DPS for yourself.

any idea where i can get the final calculations from this?
noob question guys we need the 3.75 on barrage right?
"
Xylezzz wrote:
Can you explain how frenzy fits in? Cause I am not getting charges unless I use frenzy. Is it only suppose to be used on bosses for max stacks?

I generally clear map holding frenzy for main attack, its still triggering poet. Mobs die so fast there is no need to do anything else.

Bosses just refresh it to hold stacks. Worked fine on yellow maps at level 70 lol.
If someone could take look at my profile (Swiggyzap) and look at my gear etc I'd really appreciate it.

My damage seems pretty good so far, but I feel so incredibly squishy. I can't really outheal most bosses (even in tier 6 ish I die sometimes), tier 10+ some bosses outright oneshot me.

I'm not perfectly optimized yet, but for a build that can supposedly facetank endgame bosses it certainly doesn't feel that way, and I'm wondering if there's something blatantly wrong that I'm missing.
"
nostraop wrote:
"
pastooleo1 wrote:
"
nostraop wrote:

i guess this is a noob question guys, ive been trying to figure out about why is my attack speed only going for 3.53 with triple frenzy stacks my base attack speed is 3.33 right now, i tried to calculate the 15% additional from the frenzy buff and the result is 3.8295. is there something wrong with my calculation? TIA guys help is appreciated.

ps ive been playing this game for about a week now so im still a bit confused

You're probably calculating the additional attack speed on top of your already existing attack speed increases. This is wrong. The additional attack speed granted by Frenzy charges are calculated along with the other additional attack speed that you have, not after it. the 15% is an increase to your base attack speed, not to your end-result attack speed.

Also, I'd like to give you a heads up that, even though 4.00 APS is the theoretical limit for Poet's Pen spell casts, the real sweet spot number for attacks per second is 3.75 because of server response time. Anything above 3.75 attacks per second actually results in repeated missed casts/spells, losing DPS for yourself.

any idea where i can get the final calculations from this?

Path of Building is great for playing around with numbers and stuff.

And yes, you should try to get the 3.75 on your barrage as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info