[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

So which is better? Witch or Scion?
Hi Guys! First of all i really enjoy that Build wanted to play it in Flashback but didnt had enough time :D I wonder if its viable to wear a Assasins Mark on Hit Ring (instead of Bereks) and get this way some Space for Righteous Fire - Effiancy - Vaal Arc - Incr. Duration etc. Anyone tested it?

Another Question is why we use Frenzy and Barrage? I heard that only Barrage profits from the LGoH, is that all? So in theory i could just swap both before bosses?

English isnt my main Language but i think u get the Point? :)
"
Tumzie wrote:
So which is better? Witch or Scion?

Witch.
Beacon of Ruin with Inpulsa combo is just insane for clearspeed(I played autobomber with Headhunter last league and this seems even faster...). Somehow missed out on Impulsa last 2 leagues but it's really crazy that it hasn't been nerfed yet.
Extra leech you could possibly choose as a Scion is absolutely not needed as the only thing that should kill you are 1 shots . Reflect immunity you can get as a Witch too(you just miss out on 25% lightning penetration - damage was still enough to melt guardians and shaper easily so far for me)

i guess this is a noob question guys, ive been trying to figure out about why is my attack speed only going for 3.53 with triple frenzy stacks my base attack speed is 3.33 right now, i tried to calculate the 15% additional from the frenzy buff and the result is 3.8295. is there something wrong with my calculation? TIA guys help is appreciated.

ps ive been playing this game for about a week now so im still a bit confused
Have you actually killed Uber Elder with this build?
"
nostraop wrote:

i guess this is a noob question guys, ive been trying to figure out about why is my attack speed only going for 3.53 with triple frenzy stacks my base attack speed is 3.33 right now, i tried to calculate the 15% additional from the frenzy buff and the result is 3.8295. is there something wrong with my calculation? TIA guys help is appreciated.

ps ive been playing this game for about a week now so im still a bit confused

You're probably calculating the additional attack speed on top of your already existing attack speed increases. This is wrong. The additional attack speed granted by Frenzy charges are calculated along with the other additional attack speed that you have, not after it. the 15% is an increase to your base attack speed, not to your end-result attack speed.

Also, I'd like to give you a heads up that, even though 4.00 APS is the theoretical limit for Poet's Pen spell casts, the real sweet spot number for attacks per second is 3.75 because of server response time. Anything above 3.75 attacks per second actually results in repeated missed casts/spells, losing DPS for yourself.
Last edited by pastooleo1 on Jun 21, 2018, 10:38:30 AM
"
nogglebeak wrote:
The flask is causing the enemy to be shocked with a base shock of 10%, your ascendancy as an elementalist should override all shocks making it 20% at a minimum.

Thanks for the clarification. THen Vessel of Vinktar is quite a decent flask for the build. I think I'll keep it in my setup.
"
nogglebeak wrote:
"
"
nogglebeak wrote:
Since the main thing this talks about in the header is the interaction between ball lightning and mind of the council, can this build be effective with an ascendant elementalist, and if so, which 2nd choice would you recommend?

Here's the PoB link for my Elementalist/Slayer Scion I mentioned earlier. I went with Slayer over Inquisitor because the leech really helps survivability. I leech ~2200hp on hit when enemies are shocked, which Berek's Grip and Vessel of Vinktar really help with.

How important is impulsa's for clear speed and berek's grip for leech in something like this? Any other source of reasonably priced leech? Some of these fairly basic items are ridiculously high with the exalt price now.. 200 chaos Berek's...

Inpulsa's gives a very substantial clearspeed increase. It's noticeable as soon as you equip it. I described it as a an order of magnitude higher because it feels like the difference of 4 or 5 gem levels. Of course, it's only so effective because of Beacon of Ruin. As soon as you shock 1 enemy you guarantee that the whole pack will have an Inpulsa chain reaction. If you haven't finished Uber Lab it won't be as noticeable.

I'm interested in your Berek's question as well. As far as I can see the only reason to use it is for the leech. The lightning dmg to spells just isn't that significant. It feels like such a waste of a ring slot. Surely there is a source of leech with much less of an opportunity cost?
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with my jewels.

When should i be looking for spell damage, lightning damage, and area damage over crit multi?

I am currently 494% critical strike multiplier, and my jewels have limited spell damage/lightning damage, and area damage.

Thanks for the help in advance!

It migt be silly question but in this build, how does the elementalist generate endurance charges for Immortal call?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info