General Gem Discussion

what about them?
Note: the "Class" does not refer to the "classes of the character". Instead, it refers to spell, elemental, physical and chaos class skills.

Seriously, the game need more skill gems.
The variety of a particular class of skill is too limited.

Lets take:- Witch(INT only) that specialize in Lightning nodes. Shock Nova and Spark skill are only available to them. No doublt they can be enhanced.

My point is there is no other skills of the same class to strive for if you are playing it. You get bored quickly.

I called for GGG to add:
- more skills of the same class
- more skills that are of cross-over class
(eg like Ethereal Knife and traps and totems)
- more skills that dont have any class of its own
(eg like the gem "Totem", where any class can use them).

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
I have a skill suggestion for a physical attack skill:-

Boomerang Blade (Banana Blade)

-it travels in a fixed circle/deep-arc, at mid-range.

-attack starts at a position and ends at any other positions.

-its a 1H projectile mid-range physical attack weapon.

-Melee damage is deal if it at melee range(close range)

-Once it exceed that melee range from the attacker, it will be a range damage.

-Passive nodes/support gems that can affect are:-
1) Projectile speed - affect the BB traveling speed and range.
2) Projecttile Damage - affect only the range attack damage
3) Melee damage - increase only the melee part damage.
4) 1H Melee damage - same as 3.
5) attack speed - increase the attack speed of attacker.
6) concentrated effect - reduce the range of the attack, but have a bigger projectile.
7) Multiple projectile - added additional BB.

Hope its not too complicated.

Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on Jun 22, 2012, 5:09:08 AM

Question:-

1) Why are there not any time-manipulation attack skills in the game?

2) Why are there not any mind-control attack skills?

re-edit on 27th june

Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on Jun 27, 2012, 7:02:08 AM
"
starsg wrote:

Question:-

1) Why are there not any time-manipulation skills in the game?

2) Why are there not any mind-control skills?

actually there are a couple of each of these in game already

time manipulation:
any cold dmg gems since they have a chilled/freeze effect which stops/slows down the mobs
phase run has a effect that causes mobs to take longer to react to your presence
any gem that increases attack speed

mind control skills:
dominating blow
conversion trap
enduring cry
decoy totem
Luke: Sorry we have to leave you here, but it just ain't right to eat your wife's and daughter's brains. Plus you're really disgusting and I don't want to spend anymore time with you.
Last edited by velrac on Jun 22, 2012, 7:24:47 AM
Time Manipulation:
Uhh, Temporal Chains? It's literally a time control curse.
TehHammer is not a crime!
Hi, I have a question regarding the skill gems Wrath and Hatred, do support gems work with them? I ask this because I can't notice any difference after placing support gems in sockets that are linked to one of the aura gems.

For example, if I place a support gem that adds fire damage in a socket linked to one of the aura gems, shouldn't the modified aura provide fire damage on top of the regular effect of the aura itself?

"
Torvas wrote:
Hi, I have a question regarding the skill gems Wrath and Hatred, do support gems work with them? I ask this because I can't notice any difference after placing support gems in sockets that are linked to one of the aura gems.

For example, if I place a support gem that adds fire damage in a socket linked to one of the aura gems, shouldn't the modified aura provide fire damage on top of the regular effect of the aura itself?

No. An aura does not deal damage, thus you cannot add damage to it. Auras can be affected by some support gems, you'll notice a handy little icon on the skill when it is being affected by a support gem.
TehHammer is not a crime!
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:

No. An aura does not deal damage, thus you cannot add damage to it. Auras can be affected by some support gems, you'll notice a handy little icon on the skill when it is being affected by a support gem.

Well, technically even if Wrath and Hatred don't deal damage directly they still add to your damage (and that of your party members in the area of effect), so it would only make sense that you can increase the total extra damage by using support gems. I find it strange that this is not possible, unless the devs fear that this system would create overpowered auras.
I feel there still needs to be more skill gems. It just feels like for the last 20 levels of my character experience my play style hasnt changed even slightly due to acquiring new skills.

A new minion type would be good. And also please the ability to carry them over to the next area!

I really think this game is more fun than diablo 3 which i stupidly just bought (thanks to a few biased reviews) there a alot of things in it that are totally annoying and dumb, but it is highly polished and there is a variability from an early stage that makes your skills have different effects, frankly in the back of my mind i think they might have stolen this idea from somewhere..

Also it is honestly very difficult to augment your skills with support gems, there are too many variables in making and finding equipment that make your ideal skill gem combination impossible to reach and often you are level 30 without having a single gem supported. I think some early help with this needs to be added, im not suggesting something OP but im sure you can figure out someway to do it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info