[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Destructodave wrote:

Also, I tried the 3 Purity/Aul's/Pure Commander thing. I did not like it. You give up a lot of dmg that way. Not only that, my experience was further soured that I died like 20 seconds into the first map with that build; some random stuff in delirium killed me. So, if I'm still gonna occasionally flop to some random Delirium stuff, I dont see the point in giving up 45% of my damage. Because that is what you sacrifice to run double clusters and 3 purities. About 45% of your damage. I gave it a shot; spent some currency on it, but in the end, I did not like it. Offense is a better defense to me. Kill it and move on, not tank it.

I had to check it, though. It sounded promising to me. But just normal mapping I could already tell it was gonna be kinda meh in an orb'd map so I didnt even waste my time on that. Just respec'd back to normal. Just my thoughts on giving that triple purity/Aul's build a go. Its a noticeable damage loss, and I dont think it protects you from a lot of the stuff delirium does.

I'm sad you didn't enjoy it, when you play a build you gotta go full on it... i made to 97 in 2 days, this is one of the best balanced build ever, i rarely post on this forum but this one deserved it. I had some lucky drops and since i can't do real upgrades on it i'm rerolling something else otherwise i could easily hit 100 with it.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
Last edited by Kiri2k on May 4, 2020, 2:29:46 PM
"
Yalpe wrote:

I'm looking at micro optimisations for my character and I noticed that if I use "Iron Skin" instead of "Reflexes". It gives me 18% more armour. Am I missing something? Why use a Reflexes flask instead?

I said in the guide "Iron Skin" will give little more armor but you missed it :)

Just happened that i had "Reflexes".
"
"
Yalpe wrote:

I'm looking at micro optimisations for my character and I noticed that if I use "Iron Skin" instead of "Reflexes". It gives me 18% more armour. Am I missing something? Why use a Reflexes flask instead?

I said in the guide "Iron Skin" will give little more armor but you missed it :)

Just happened that i had "Reflexes".

I did. I was looking at the profiles of most active players in here and most run reflexes flasks so I'm probably not alone!
"
Vennto wrote:
So, many asked me about the exploding-chest. For the reminder, this one I used:

My results are the following:

It is not worth it.

First of all, and I can´t believe I am actually saying this - Arctic Armor is missing. The Fire and Phys reduction only works if you are Standing still, but especially in very dense, 5-delirium orb maps or any other juiced maps to 110+ quantity and influence-mobs you actually have to stand at some point to auto, and the additional phys reduction from Arctic armor really comes in handy, which we have to drop if we run this armor.

Second, the damage from the explosions is not really that important. The harder the content the less likely you oneshot everything. When I run Standard t16´s I can just oneshot everything with it, but I did that before with plague bearer + empower 4 + incr. area anyway so there is no point.

We furthermore can´t corrupt it with + Gem Levels (OK well to be perfectly correct we could, but I am not Swimming 500ex+ to corrupt a well rolled double influence chest piece).

There is an upside to it though: If u wear such an armor capping out resistances while wearing a Headhunter is far easier. Then again, since the explos weren´t that impressive, I would suggest a -15 mana +additional curse chest and curse on hit-temp chains as a secondary curse Setup.

The Cest will be available for purchase now at 29ex, I´m returning to perfect form :)

Not only that it gives reductions but it applies max chill effect (30% reduced action speed) on enemy when hit for measly 0.5s. Still, it makes a difference when 50 things are shitting on you at the same time.
Also, you lose Phase Acrobatics more importantly.

Here is the fun part, 0.5s can be increased to 1s with Unbound Ailments support and Elemental Proliferation. Not only that, you will be chilling everyone around mofo that hit you.
And all that free of mana charge since AA reserves 0 mana. :D

Haven't had time to update the build and I got little burned out from grinding to 100 but those are some changes that i'm planning to make.

Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on May 4, 2020, 5:18:14 PM
"
Yalpe wrote:
"
Redvex wrote:
Resold my tailwind/elusive boots. Not really suited for this build due too low crit chance, even in larger packs.

Poison faster is better

That poison mod is juicy. I have triple resists boots so I can't get it :(

I only found out about the boot poison mod two days ago and tried my luck on that already:

Can't bring myself to roll over that. Free prefix & suffix as well.
May be usable for someone with enough resists?

"
Yalpe wrote:

Was really hyped up for this, but it doesn't hold up ;(
The 18% is just if you copy/paste it into the PoB item window.
If you equip it, it is be pretty equal to the reflexes flask.
At least on my char on 100% rolls on both flask a difference of 1300 armour i.e. 1,03% difference.
"
blastinMot wrote:

At least on my char on 100% rolls on both flask a difference of 1300 armour i.e. 1,03% difference.

Damn you're right. I wonder who's right though. The game isn't known for accurate tooltip calculations. I'll try to make sense of the numbers.
"
Yalpe wrote:
"
blastinMot wrote:

Damn you're right. I wonder who's right though. The game isn't known for accurate tooltip calculations. I'll try to make sense of the numbers.
In terms of armour/evasion the ingame number make sense then dps numbers. At least that's what I observed over the years.
"
"
Vennto wrote:
So, many asked me about the exploding-chest. For the reminder, this one I used:

My results are the following:

It is not worth it.

First of all, and I can´t believe I am actually saying this - Arctic Armor is missing. The Fire and Phys reduction only works if you are Standing still, but especially in very dense, 5-delirium orb maps or any other juiced maps to 110+ quantity and influence-mobs you actually have to stand at some point to auto, and the additional phys reduction from Arctic armor really comes in handy, which we have to drop if we run this armor.

Second, the damage from the explosions is not really that important. The harder the content the less likely you oneshot everything. When I run Standard t16´s I can just oneshot everything with it, but I did that before with plague bearer + empower 4 + incr. area anyway so there is no point.

We furthermore can´t corrupt it with + Gem Levels (OK well to be perfectly correct we could, but I am not Swimming 500ex+ to corrupt a well rolled double influence chest piece).

There is an upside to it though: If u wear such an armor capping out resistances while wearing a Headhunter is far easier. Then again, since the explos weren´t that impressive, I would suggest a -15 mana +additional curse chest and curse on hit-temp chains as a secondary curse Setup.

The Cest will be available for purchase now at 29ex, I´m returning to perfect form :)

Not only that it gives reductions but it applies max chill effect (30% reduced action speed) on enemy when hit for measly 0.5s. Still, it makes a difference when 50 things are shitting on you at the same time.
Also, you lose Phase Acrobatics more importantly.

Here is the fun part, 0.5s can be increased to 1s with Unbound Ailments support and Elemental Proliferation. Not only that, you will be chilling everyone around mofo that hit you.
And all that free of mana charge since AA reserves 0 mana. :D

Haven't had time to update the build and I got little burned out from grinding to 100 but those are some changes that i'm planning to make.

I also come back to perfect form.
Explosion are not so fundamental since i run awakened ancestral call + awakened melee splash and i can destroy everything on t16 map.
So i removed tribal fury and back to corruption.
Last edited by Redvex on May 5, 2020, 2:59:55 AM
"
blastinMot wrote:
"
Yalpe wrote:
"
blastinMot wrote:

In terms of armour/evasion the ingame number make sense then dps numbers. At least that's what I observed over the years.
It's really not that complicated after all.
We convert all our Evasion into Armour through Iron Reflexes, but we do have a bit of Armour without conversion as well (through Gear pieces).
The calculation of the final Armour number first takes all your flat evasion, then increases that amount by up to 100% during the flask effect, then converts that into armour and adds the bit of inherent armour we already have.

But: If we first add our flat evasion and armour together and then apply the flask multiplier the outcome is naturally higher.

For example:
Say we have 1000 Evasion Rating, 100 Armour Rating and a Flask that increases either stat by 100% (doubles it)

For Reflexes that is: (1000*2)+100 = 2100
For Iron Skin it is: (1000+100)*2 = 2200

The later in the calculation you apply the big multiplier, the bigger the outcome is.

The difference isn't big because we generally don't have much armour on our gear. Personally my only piece with armour is my boots. But it's a neat little optimization for chars that have nothing else left to work on.

Just crafted........worth to exalt?

Int craft.....not bad
Last edited by Redvex on May 5, 2020, 3:59:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info