[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Redvex wrote:

Just crafted........worth to exalt?

Int craft.....not bad

You slammed 45 Int? I'd like to slam 45 Int on mine, lol. I completel forgot about slamming items; I looked at my claws but they are full up.

45 Int would take a huge weight off my stat requirements, lol. One thing holding me back on my neck is the amount of Int I need on it.
"
Not only that it gives reductions but it applies max chill effect (30% reduced action speed) on enemy when hit for measly 0.5s. Still, it makes a difference when 50 things are shitting on you at the same time.
Also, you lose Phase Acrobatics more importantly.

Yeah I forgot about the chill-effect, you´re right. The Phase Acrobatics I kept though, I put in a small Thread of Hope on top of it. Naturally, while playing as melee the 2 nodes with projectile damage doesn´t do anything for me so it is a suboptimal workaround. But since AA proofed to be way more important than I expected I return to perfect form anyway :D

"
Here is the fun part, 0.5s can be increased to 1s with Unbound Ailments support and Elemental Proliferation. Not only that, you will be chilling everyone around mofo that hit you.
And all that free of mana charge since AA reserves 0 mana. :D

DUDE you come up with a lot of good stuff! :D That interaction sounds amazing defensive-wise, and A LOT better than the initial CWDT Vortex Bonechill setup which didn´t impress me at all (hence I swapped that one out for Plague Bearer). I will definately try that one out too now!

"
I also come back to perfect form.
Explosion are not so fundamental since i run awakened ancestral call + awakened melee splash and i can destroy everything on t16 map.
So i removed tribal fury and back to corruption.

Yeah that I planned as well since I swapped to Viper Strike. Been playing pestilent strike for a very long time and I am honestly impressed how good Viper Strike with melee splash performs. Not sure though if its worth to swap to ancestral call instead of keeping melee phys dmg in the setup, let´s check what POB sais about that.
Last edited by Vennto on May 5, 2020, 4:58:44 AM
"
Corioliss wrote:
It's really not that complicated after all.
We convert all our Evasion into Armour through Iron Reflexes, but we do have a bit of Armour without conversion as well (through Gear pieces).
The calculation of the final Armour number first takes all your flat evasion, then increases that amount by up to 100% during the flask effect, then converts that into armour and adds the bit of inherent armour we already have.

But: If we first add our flat evasion and armour together and then apply the flask multiplier the outcome is naturally higher.

For example:
Say we have 1000 Evasion Rating, 100 Armour Rating and a Flask that increases either stat by 100% (doubles it)

For Reflexes that is: (1000*2)+100 = 2100
For Iron Skin it is: (1000+100)*2 = 2200

The later in the calculation you apply the big multiplier, the bigger the outcome is.

The difference isn't big because we generally don't have much armour on our gear. Personally my only piece with armour is my boots. But it's a neat little optimization for chars that have nothing else left to work on.

I think I found out. The difference comes from checking the endurance charge box in POB. What happens and its very sneaky, is that The Perfect Form gives increased evasion rating based on your uncapped cold resistance. Since endurance charges give you 12% cold resist, you get more evasion and thus, more armour. That's most likely why the ingame tooltip does not pick it up. I will assume that POB is right for that reason, since the math makes sense. I usually have 3 endurance charges due to Enduring Composure so I'll keep the Iron Skin flask for now. The difference is really minimal.
Last edited by Yalpe on May 5, 2020, 9:04:42 AM
"
Yalpe wrote:
Since endurance charges give you 12% cold resist, you get more evasion and thus, more armour. That's most likely why the ingame tooltip does not pick it up. I will assume that POB is right for that reason, since the math makes sense. I usually have 3 endurance charges due to Enduring Composure so I'll keep the Iron Skin flask for now. The difference is really minimal.
If this were the case, you could change the number of endurance charges in PoB (config tab) and would have to see that it makes a difference.
"
Vennto wrote:

Yeah that I planned as well since I swapped to Viper Strike. Been playing pestilent strike for a very long time and I am honestly impressed how good Viper Strike with melee splash performs. Not sure though if its worth to swap to ancestral call instead of keeping melee phys dmg in the setup, let´s check what POB sais about that.

Yea, I think its a bit underrated on its clear. I've jumped around alot, and I still prefer Viper with Splash. I think once you get some Low Tolerance cluster/s, the prolif is actually pretty nice and similar to pestilent in its kill speed; and the massive AoE on Awakened Splash seems to just carry the prolif to farther reaches than stabbing a couple people with 1 or 2 additional strikes on Pestilent.

I've been doing a lot of Lair's lately, becuase well my map tab was full so they had to be done, and you can really tell how far Awakened Splash prolif goes and clears,(and around you too)compared to Pestilent.

Its just my observation on it from swapping back and forth and to different things all league. I think with Awakened Splash, and Low Tolerance, the clear is really good. Its Pestilent-like, seems to cover more ground, is safer, and you dont have that pesky namelock issue becuase of splash being able to attack in place.

Its also where you can really see the benefit of low tolerance jewels. When I was doing the Aul's/3x Purity, you could really tell how much weaker normal poison proliferation was to Pestilent explosions. Its a pretty stark difference from 1 or 2 low tolerance/wasting affliction jewels. Once you got those jewels, the mobs basically die pestilent-like, and splash carries the prolif farther and in bigger aoe's compared to the typical Pestilent setup. Especially since its attacking with both, so its a double hit Poison at 600% increased damage.

You can play Pestilent with Splash, but I Feel like your damage really suffers when you have Ancestral Call or Splash on that skill instead of Melee Physical. Where Viper has so much damage built into it, and being a double hit skill, you dont really notice having splash.

This has just been my experience, and is probably solely because of this league and cluster jewel notables like Low Tolerance.
Last edited by Destructodave on May 6, 2020, 6:48:20 AM
I swithc between vs e ps. Now i'm testing again ps+ aw ancestral call and aw melee splash. I like it.
so when you min maxed the build you can play whatever you like
Yeah, especially the double low tolerance makes Viper Strike + Splash extremely potent, that was my Observation too.

Will be very interesting what happens with the patch notes though, for example if we will be able to stack nodes or if they abandon that mechanic. Actually, that will kill like 200 builds in the dot-area (playing around with a righteous fire dot build for example, which will be unplayable if the stacking will be forbidden) so we have to have a close look on that.
I have something I can't understand about this build.

I used all my currency and bought 1 of those claws but yet I get way more damage with wasp nest (because of the phys).

Could anyone, please, explain to me why/how/when those claws are better?

ps: Even without those claws I get 175% poison chance.

thanks!
"
GhaleonRlz wrote:

I used all my currency and bought 1 of those claws but yet I get way more damage with wasp nest (because of the phys).

thanks!

Hard to tell because your profile is private. I think they are only better if you have the following 3 mods:

60% for poisons to deal 100% increased damage
Chaos DoT multiplier (crafted prefix)
Adds # to # chaos damage

Otherwise yeah, Wasp Nest might be better. Make your profile public so we can see your character and help you.

Edit:
I loaded a Wasp Nest (perfect rolls) into PoB and it gives me -31% DPS for:

and -25% DPS for

Edit2: Wasp Nest gives a ton of accuracy so its possible that you need more of that either from the tree or your gear.
Last edited by Yalpe on May 7, 2020, 7:30:06 AM
"
Yalpe wrote:
"
GhaleonRlz wrote:

thanks!

Hard to tell because your profile is private. I think they are only better if you have the following 3 mods:

60% for poisons to deal 100% increased damage
Chaos DoT multiplier (crafted prefix)
Adds # to # chaos damage

Otherwise yeah, Wasp Nest might be better. Make your profile public so we can see your character and help you.

Edit:
I loaded a Wasp Nest (perfect rolls) into PoB and it gives me -31% DPS for:

and -25% DPS for

Edit2: Wasp Nest gives a ton of accuracy so its possible that you need more of that either from the tree or your gear.

Thank you! It's public now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info