[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

Looks like Ancestral Cry could be interesting for Viper Strike's clear speed. Ideally you'd want it to be instant though so it might not be worth it.
"
For Pestilence Strike at the start of the league, what would you say is the best 4 and 5 socket setup?

I will update the leveling section before league start.

Need to add also Vennto's post how to level the char early.
"
Yalpe wrote:
Looks like Ancestral Cry could be interesting for Viper Strike's clear speed. Ideally you'd want it to be instant though so it might not be worth it.

Just took a glance at new Warcries. Seems to be they are not that great as they seem because of cooldowns that are almost doubled.

We'll see.
I'm only level 30, but with my tabula rasa and pestilent strike, I'm starting to have mana issues. Is there anything I'm missing, or should I just invest in some mana flasks?
"
Vennto wrote:
"
Inferior to Blade Vortex poison?

Yes. A friend of mine was playing Poison BV and his Dmg is just insane. He reaches numbers not only I, but no one from this chat ever reached. Doesn´t make the build bad, it just has limits it cannot surpass. But thats totally okay, since it is a GREAT build Overall.

btw, will be league-starting next Season with your Death Angel :-)

Having played Assassin BV before: The clear feels like shit until you get an explodey chest (Which is definitely expensive) and even with an explodey chest, it's nowhere near PF. The build is very, VERY squishy. Elusive is a terrible source of survivability because it decreases constantly. Bossing as an Assassin feels annoying because you're very liable to blow up suddenly.

So yeah, even if the OMGWTF DPS numbers are there, both clearing and bossing feel awkward as hell. It blows up conquerors fast but that's about it. The guy who can pop a 40k Molten Shell in the middle of Sirus last phase and trivialize the fight is going to be a better bosser anyways.

As an aside, with all the new focus on big slow hits and the like, would it be possible to work out 2h poison using 2h swords and viper strike? It feels like spreading a massive stack of poison through PF could lead to great clear. Dunno if it's really viable though.
"
tytanic44 wrote:
I'm only level 30, but with my tabula rasa and pestilent strike, I'm starting to have mana issues. Is there anything I'm missing, or should I just invest in some mana flasks?
If you have a bit of currency (which I guess you do if you have a tabula already) get 1-2 Praxis Rings (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Praxis) Prferably with a high roll on the - total mana cost to skills . Bascially makes all your abilities free to cast.

Later the mana issues are solved with one "-9 total mana cost of non-channeling skills" on a piece of jewelry and Mana Leech from Soul Raker.

About the two-handed thing:
I believe Viper Strike is so strong because it attacks with both weapons simultaneously while dual wielding.

Also the PF Ascendency doesn't proliferate the highest stack of poison, but rather an average of the total poison damage on the enemy. So a larger stack of smaller poisons does the same damage as one big one.

Also: this will probably feel like shit to play with low attack speed. Especially against Bosses.

If you want a big explosion with a two handed weapon you're probably better of playing something like Molten Strike or Glacial Hammer.
"
Orangesilk wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:
"
Inferior to Blade Vortex poison?

Yes. A friend of mine was playing Poison BV and his Dmg is just insane. He reaches numbers not only I, but no one from this chat ever reached. Doesn´t make the build bad, it just has limits it cannot surpass. But thats totally okay, since it is a GREAT build Overall.

btw, will be league-starting next Season with your Death Angel :-)

Having played Assassin BV before: The clear feels like shit until you get an explodey chest (Which is definitely expensive) and even with an explodey chest, it's nowhere near PF. The build is very, VERY squishy. Elusive is a terrible source of survivability because it decreases constantly. Bossing as an Assassin feels annoying because you're very liable to blow up suddenly.

So yeah, even if the OMGWTF DPS numbers are there, both clearing and bossing feel awkward as hell. It blows up conquerors fast but that's about it. The guy who can pop a 40k Molten Shell in the middle of Sirus last phase and trivialize the fight is going to be a better bosser anyways.

As an aside, with all the new focus on big slow hits and the like, would it be possible to work out 2h poison using 2h swords and viper strike? It feels like spreading a massive stack of poison through PF could lead to great clear. Dunno if it's really viable though.

Interesting, have you tried Pathfinder BV before?

Might be nicer than using a namelock skill.
livejamie
Great builds for poison attacks. Very comprehensive and thorough.

As cluster jewels go core, I think the builds can be even made greater by employing perma endurance charge generator such as Enduring Composure to better mitigate large physical damage hit.

Putting large number for physical damage from hits in PoB can help better simulate end-game physical hits. For a physical hit that deals 9,999 damage, 48k armor can mitigate only 33% of the hits, which leaves the character to take 6,699 damage per hit. Maps like 100% delirious T18 juiced, it's not uncommon that mobs can deal more than 21,000 damage from slam hits over one second.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
WolfieNa wrote:
Great builds for poison attacks. Very comprehensive and thorough.

As cluster jewels go core, I think the builds can be even made greater by employing perma endurance charge generator such as Enduring Composure to better mitigate large physical damage hit.

Putting large number for physical damage from hits in PoB can help better simulate end-game physical hits. For a physical hit that deals 9,999 damage, 48k armor can mitigate only 33% of the hits, which leaves the character to take 6,699 damage per hit. Maps like 100% delirious T18 juiced, it's not uncommon that mobs can deal more than 21,000 damage from slam hits over one second.

You forgot the Fortify. Anyway, you have more chance to survive hit like that if it occurs cause it has to bypass block/dodge and (Vaal) MS. You can be caught off guard ofc but it's pretty safe even against hits like those.

For hits like 20k dmg, only thing that can mitigate it is Vaal MS.
"
Orangesilk wrote:
As an aside, with all the new focus on big slow hits and the like, would it be possible to work out 2h poison using 2h swords and viper strike?
You will not get the life on hit from claw implicit though and you will lose block (I reckon block only applies to dual wield and staff, not 2h sword). Also whirling blade doesn't work with 2h. And leap slam is slower I think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info