[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

Do u think it would work the gimic with Golden Rule and Maw of Conquest?
Would give caped Chaos res and decent lifereg. Or is the loss with from rare helm and one Jewel too much ?
"
"
WolfieNa wrote:
Great builds for poison attacks. Very comprehensive and thorough.

As cluster jewels go core, I think the builds can be even made greater by employing perma endurance charge generator such as Enduring Composure to better mitigate large physical damage hit.

Putting large number for physical damage from hits in PoB can help better simulate end-game physical hits. For a physical hit that deals 9,999 damage, 48k armor can mitigate only 33% of the hits, which leaves the character to take 6,699 damage per hit. Maps like 100% delirious T18 juiced, it's not uncommon that mobs can deal more than 21,000 damage from slam hits over one second.

You forgot the Fortify. Anyway, you have more chance to survive hit like that if it occurs cause it has to bypass block/dodge and (Vaal) MS. You can be caught off guard ofc but it's pretty safe even against hits like those.

For hits like 20k dmg, only thing that can mitigate it is Vaal MS.

Yeah, I did take Fortify into consideration with the PoB in the OP.

I guess it may not be obvious to demonstrate the benefit of semi-perma endurance charge by Enduring composure + Immortal call without showing a video clip. Pardon me in advance if I come across being out of the place posting a clip as such. I just want to share with you a potential way to improve your already-solid builds.

I updated my char that has up to 89% less damage taken with 4 semi-perma endurance charges + Immortal Call, and 1.4x Fortify (with I.C. cooldown, it's 71% less damage taken for phys hit and 87% less damage taken for ele hits). I took it to the 100% delirious T18 juiced map. During the mapping, my char took 2,000 - 3,000 damage over a period of one second (screenshot) from slam hits while Immortal call was active, which means the raw slam hits dealt more than 21,000 damage over one sec. The video is here for your reference (the aforementioned slams hits happen around 3:03).
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
"
WolfieNa wrote:
Great builds for poison attacks. Very comprehensive and thorough.

As cluster jewels go core, I think the builds can be even made greater by employing perma endurance charge generator such as Enduring Composure to better mitigate large physical damage hit.

Putting large number for physical damage from hits in PoB can help better simulate end-game physical hits. For a physical hit that deals 9,999 damage, 48k armor can mitigate only 33% of the hits, which leaves the character to take 6,699 damage per hit. Maps like 100% delirious T18 juiced, it's not uncommon that mobs can deal more than 21,000 damage from slam hits over one second.

You forgot the Fortify. Anyway, you have more chance to survive hit like that if it occurs cause it has to bypass block/dodge and (Vaal) MS. You can be caught off guard ofc but it's pretty safe even against hits like those.

For hits like 20k dmg, only thing that can mitigate it is Vaal MS.

Yeah, I did take Fortify into consideration with the PoB in the OP.

I guess it may not be obvious to demonstrate the benefit of semi-perma endurance charge by Enduring composure + Immortal call without showing a video clip. Pardon me in advance if I come across being out of the place posting a clip as such. I just want to share with you a potential way to improve your already-solid builds.

I updated my char that has up to 89% less damage taken with 4 semi-perma endurance charges + Immortal Call, and 1.4x Fortify (with I.C. cooldown, it's 71% less damage taken for phys hit and 87% less damage taken for ele hits). I took it to the 100% delirious T18 juiced map. During the mapping, my char took 2,000 - 3,000 damage over a period of one second (screenshot) from slam hits while Immortal call was active, which means the raw slam hits dealt more than 21,000 damage over one sec. The video is here for your reference (the aforementioned slams hits happen around 3:03).

PoB doesn't account reduction from Fortify checked or not.

You have much more room to maneuver with Scourge arrow in general.
It's high powered ranged skill with 6L in weapon + quiver + body armor. No need for Ancestral Call (Tribal Fury) and other things strike skills can't be played without.
This build almost has no clear benefit from cluster jewels since you have to sacrifice a lot, which was indirect nerf to it in 3.10 .

Difference between IC on trigger vs manual cast of MS is that you can have protection up before that one big hit. Speaking in general, you are more likely to die with IC, endurance charges or not.
That's why it's much better solution for bossing for example.

I haven't played the char since Blight league and i'm waiting Delirium to end so i can test it more with Delirium orbs. Will post my runs.

What were the map mods on your run?

In the end all that shit doesn't matter because your build is ranged and this is melee so I have no luxury to run around and dish out damage with Mirage Archer. You use clusters i can't, at least not without sacrificing defense or damage to get what, few end charges. That doesn't make or break anything.
There is a reason why deepest delvers are ranged chars.
You did t19's, I prob can't, so that's that.
If they don't buff strike skills or melee in genereal ill delete the guide since it's not what it was or what i claimed it to be.
Great.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jun 9, 2020, 5:12:46 PM
Tribal Fury is comming out of "hidden" state and on the tree, sadly next to iron grip so very far away.
"

If they don't buff strike skills or melee in genereal ill delete the guide since it's not what it was or what i claimed it to be.
Great.

Can I say, I played this build as my primary for this league and loved it. I got to 95, cleared all content (except uber elder because I suck at that fight). Most of my deaths were trying to run too fast through delirium to get splinters, with well timed vaal MS I felt immortal, did numerous wave 20 Kosis, etc.

It's your guide so it's your call, but it felt super strong to me, and I would happily recommend it to anyone.
There is no need to delete this build. It is still an excellent delver (if you don't go into the thousands), quick mapper, good bosskiller, it's tanky and it's engaging to play.

It has a lot of buttons to press, but personally I really like that. Just holding one button down like a cycloner puts me to sleep after 2 weeks max. This build I played for the entire league.

It even is a decent starter, due to how well DoT builds work with low gear. And like most melee builds it has a lot of optimizing potential if you keep playing it and investing into it like I did this league.

This might not be the best build for anything in the game, it might not be meta, but it's a very decent Jack of all trades.

Edit: The new version of Broken Faith looks very interesting for this build, and might be worth consideration over the dual wield.
I don't know how strong the new "Profane Ground" effect is, the thread just says "lowers enemy resistances" but now by how much. But if it is strong enough it might even be not that much of a damage loss for how much defense it grants.

(reworked uniques thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2871244 )
Last edited by Corioliss on Jun 10, 2020, 7:50:32 AM
"

PoB doesn't account reduction from Fortify checked or not.

You have much more room to maneuver with Scourge arrow in general.
It's high powered ranged skill with 6L in weapon + quiver + body armor. No need for Ancestral Call (Tribal Fury) and other things strike skills can't be played without.
This build almost has no clear benefit from cluster jewels since you have to sacrifice a lot, which was indirect nerf to it in 3.10 .

Difference between IC on trigger vs manual cast of MS is that you can have protection up before that one big hit. Speaking in general, you are more likely to die with IC, endurance charges or not.
That's why it's much better solution for bossing for example.

I haven't played the char since Blight league and i'm waiting Delirium to end so i can test it more with Delirium orbs. Will post my runs.

In the end all that shit doesn't matter because your build is ranged and this is melee so I have no luxury to run around and dish out damage with Mirage Archer. You use clusters i can't, at least not without sacrificing defense or damage to get what, few end charges. That doesn't make or break anything.
There is a reason why deepest delvers are ranged chars.
You did t19's, I prob can't, so that's that.
Great.

Just FYI the latest version of PoB can display the effect Fortify. Perhaps, it's new feature they added recently.

(usually, it's 20% less damage taken from hit, but I have some gears to elevate it to 28%).

"

You mean in Standard after the league ends, right? I have a few scarabs/Delirium orbs that I can give you for your test (for free of course).

"

Great.

People seem to love your build. I also saw some level-100 characters in the current ladder doing your build or its variant. It's your decision to make, but if I can suggest anything it would be letting the people experience the build. Meta comes and goes. The new warcries look dope for melee skills.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
EpicFailTrain wrote:

Can I say, I played this build as my primary for this league and loved it. I got to 95, cleared all content (except uber elder because I suck at that fight). Most of my deaths were trying to run too fast through delirium to get splinters, with well timed vaal MS I felt immortal, did numerous wave 20 Kosis, etc.

It's your guide so it's your call, but it felt super strong to me, and I would happily recommend it to anyone.

"
Corioliss wrote:
There is no need to delete this build. It is still an excellent delver (if you don't go into the thousands), quick mapper, good bosskiller, it's tanky and it's engaging to play.

It has a lot of buttons to press, but personally I really like that. Just holding one button down like a cycloner puts me to sleep after 2 weeks max. This build I played for the entire league.

It even is a decent starter, due to how well DoT builds work with low gear. And like most melee builds it has a lot of optimizing potential if you keep playing it and investing into it like I did this league.

This might not be the best build for anything in the game, it might not be meta, but it's a very decent Jack of all trades.

Edit: The new version of Broken Faith looks very interesting for this build, and might be worth consideration over the dual wield.
I don't know how strong the new "Profane Ground" effect is, the thread just says "lowers enemy resistances" but now by how much. But if it is strong enough it might even be not that much of a damage loss for how much defense it grants.

(reworked uniques thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2871244 )

Ty for kind words.
I'm having hard week, i'm tired, triggered and rage posted.
Won't delete it because of respect to people who participated in discussions and it's legacy on it's own.

Build got fucked over once again for the Tribal Fury, which might not be anointable like nodes post Blight league.
I did my best to make the most out of it during league changes.

I'm sick of GGG balance.
Warcries with mega cooldowns are crap.
New league pokemon theme is crap.

If Vennto or someone else who knows the build very well would like to take over the thread for further development i would be glad to pass the torch.
"
Corioliss wrote:

I strongly agree with all of this.
And I don't think the build is fucked at all.
Regarding 3.11 we will see how it works out.
Hey, POE noob here
Not meaning to rub salt in the wound, but could someone please explain why the build would lose in power in 3.11?
I don't quite get it, and as that was the build i was going for, i'd rather know what i'm in for
Thanks !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info