[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Hey, POE noob here
Not meaning to rub salt in the wound, but could someone please explain why the build would lose in power in 3.11?
I don't quite get it, and as that was the build i was going for, i'd rather know what i'm in for
Thanks !
There is a rumor that tribal fury might not be anointable anymore, since it's connected to the tree now. This would aboslutely screw over this build, since it bacially makes ancestral call support mandatory, which is a HUGE damage loss.
Personally i dont think this will happen though. Makes no sense to have node that so many builds rely on not be anointable.
On the other hand: keystones aren't either. Builds like this would love to have resolute technique, but can't, because it's out of reach and not anointable.
We'll see how this works out when patchnotes come. No need to be alarmed yet.
So far the rule seems to be that nodes that didn't exist in Blight aren't annointable because they have no oil combination and nodes that DID exist in Blight are annointable. Since Tribal Fury already existed in blight and has an assigned oil combination, I doubt it will be made unnanointable.

With that said, there's also the possibility of incorporating Ancestral Warcry into the build (Armor bonus works nicely with Vaal MS and if it's consistent enough we might not even need to annoint Tribal Fury and we can pick something else. Soul of Steel would be a big bump in survivability). And GGG did say they had some interesting changes planned for strike skills as well, so it's far far too early to declare the build dead. If anything so far it might come out stronger out of the 3.11 patch notes.

I firmly believe people panicking over Tribal Fury are being irrationally alarmist at this point. This build is very solid at budget fast clears so I believe it's one of the best possible starters for the upcoming league.
Guys, you can call off the funeral, the build won't be dead.

"
By the way, we're also introducing a new oil. Every notable on the Passive Skill Tree will now be anointable, including all the new ones.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2869570
"
Guys, you can call off the funeral, the build won't be dead.

And that´s why u shouldnt listen to rumors, they are just trashtalk most of the time :D

"
I'm sick of GGG balance.
Warcries with mega cooldowns are crap.
New league pokemon theme is crap.

I think you just had a hard week man. Warcries will work pretty much the same with the support-gem, + u can take the Keystone to make them instant. If u refer to your death angel build (I had a very close look on that) you can see from the Picture that the call to arms will be placed right next to the axe Wheel, where now iron grip sits. You can reach the Keystone with a single str node, effectively means 2 more passive skills and we can anoint something else than battle cry. + The build MASSIVELY Profits from the changes to enduring cry. So theres that.

On the Topic of this build: Tribal Fury anoint will still work, and as far as I noticed the new elusive wheels could be very interesting. So Nothing is dead, just Maybe take a break for a few days. No reason to go all flamy on the upcoming patchnodes yet :D

There are so many people that just LOVE your builds and I would be happy myself if you continue your efforts as long as you feel good and want to do it. Anyway, hope you feel better a few days from now :)
Last edited by Vennto on Jun 11, 2020, 2:28:58 AM
"

Ty for kind words.
I'm having hard week, i'm tired, triggered and rage posted.
Won't delete it because of respect to people who participated in discussions and it's legacy on it's own.

Build got fucked over once again for the Tribal Fury, which might not be anointable like nodes post Blight league.
I did my best to make the most out of it during league changes.

I'm sick of GGG balance.
Warcries with mega cooldowns are crap.
New league pokemon theme is crap.

If Vennto or someone else who knows the build very well would like to take over the thread for further development i would be glad to pass the torch.

Sorry to hear that mate, maybe take a few days to relax and ignore PoE for a bit.

Last league my main ended up being your glacial hammer zerker, and I've been eyeing off your wander for next league, depending on patch notes. I really appreciate the way you do your builds, and hope it continues to be fun for you in the future.
Last edited by EpicFailTrain on Jun 10, 2020, 10:15:33 PM
"
Corioliss wrote:
There is a rumor that tribal fury might not be anointable anymore, since it's connected to the tree now. This would aboslutely screw over this build, since it bacially makes ancestral call support mandatory, which is a HUGE damage loss.

Thanks for the answer mate !
I played the whole league without Tribal Fury and I destroyed all the content (+1 target mod on gloves was enough). To me the biggest issue is surviving massive hits (one shots) that occur occasionally. It will be much easier now that delirium is not in 100% of the maps though. I could never make it past 97 because I wanted to do all content and not prioritize leveling. But, aside from a few deaths here and there, this build trashed everything. I did invest quite a lot into it though so I'm not sure how budget it is anymore.
Last edited by Yalpe on Jun 11, 2020, 8:56:06 AM
"
"
Corioliss wrote:

Thanks for the answer mate !
Also they just announced yesterday every new node will be anointable, so we don't have to worry about that anymore.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jun 11, 2020, 9:11:46 AM
Looks like they changed Corruption. If my math is right you get 18% more chaos damage at full wither stacks. Its probably worse for mapping and better for bossing. Before you would get 10% multiplier and 30% increased chaos damage. Not sure its worth anointing this anymore (assuming you don't annoint Tribal Fury for Fenemus' Weave).
The nerf to corruption was harsh. I'm becoming more and more convinced that Soul of Steel is the right Annoint to take. It's a significant bump in survivability. That or of course Tribal Fury for clear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info