[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
BootsButt wrote:
"
ItIsBobFgt wrote:
Oof, the VMS nerf was to be expected tho, I was really hyped up to play this build this league. Do you guys have a suggestion for a similar build I could run with pestilent strike? Should I go for a shadow build or would path finder still be fine?

Second this question. Does the scourge poison PF have the same potential as this build did pre-3.11?

There are few of those. Wouldn't know really what are the changes on the tree for 3.11 but they are good.

If you wanna go with Scourge i can recommend this one
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jun 17, 2020, 7:18:02 PM
This would be preliminary update until they give gem and item updates for PoB

https://pastebin.com/bwDjvkjD
I'm not entirely sold on Enduring Cry.

Without any WarCry tree investment it has a cast time of 0.8s and it only works when surrounded by mobs.

Any defensive benefits the thing might be giving us are completely nullified by having to sit there in front of a pack for almost a whole second.

And I'm not entirely fond of losing a whole second worth of DPS against bosses when this build is as reliant on constant uptime.
"
Orangesilk wrote:
I'm not entirely sold on Enduring Cry.

Without any WarCry tree investment it has a cast time of 0.8s and it only works when surrounded by mobs.

Any defensive benefits the thing might be giving us are completely nullified by having to sit there in front of a pack for almost a whole second.

And I'm not entirely fond of losing a whole second worth of DPS against bosses when this build is as reliant on constant uptime.

Molten Shell will be enough for 95% of the content. This is just a nice addon. 0.8s can be lowered i think with faster casting gem, will have to test it.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jun 18, 2020, 4:46:15 AM
Cast speed doesn't affect Warcries AFAIK which is why they introduced the new support gem which increases Cry speed and slaps a heavier cooldown on them.

However, I agree that End charges are the way to go to scale defense a little further. We could get them from Clusters via the Enduring Composure notable. Though specifically for Shaper and Sirius who use degens more often than hits it might feel lacking.
For defenses there is something I would add to the guide Torstein. When I started playing it took me a while to get the proper mechanics down. The guide should make it clear that to get full fortify uptime you need to use Whirling Blades so you move through any mobs every four seconds. This is very very important against bosses.

Throwing some random thoughts as well on the defense discussion. Instead of using soul of steel, we could anoint either Ramparts to preserve some DPS or Steadfast to be a bit more defensive if armor is lacking. This alongside the 25% you can get on a crusader helmet would give you either 35% with either nodes while moving or 45% while stationary with Steadfast, resulting in 29% reduced damage taken from fortify, an increase of 9%. You also lose the -9% chaos res mod which is a 10% drop for my build on PoB. Or not, if you are a luck sack and craft it multi influenced :D Its also easier to craft because the weight is 0.421% vs 0.210 for the resistance mod.

Now that they changed guard skills with VMS as well it might be interesting to look at Immortal Call with a reliable source of endurance charge generation, as Steelskin will no longer work alongside MS.

Its not the old VMS, but its something /shrug.

Edit: It might be realistic to craft a double influenced helmet next league. You can smash -9% chaos res with +25% fortify effect using awakener orb and if you want life you can remove a <prefixtype> modifier with the targeted annuls of Harvest and add a life modifier afterwards.
Last edited by Yalpe on Jun 18, 2020, 8:30:06 AM
"
Yalpe wrote:
For defenses there is something I would add to the guide Torstein. When I started playing it took me a while to get the proper mechanics down. The guide should make it clear that to get full fortify uptime you need to use Whirling Blades so you move through any mobs every four seconds. This is very very important against bosses.

Throwing some random thoughts as well on the defense discussion. Instead of using soul of steel, we could anoint either Ramparts to preserve some DPS or Steadfast to be a bit more defensive if armor is lacking. This alongside the 25% you can get on a crusader helmet would give you either 35% with either nodes while moving or 45% while stationary with Steadfast, resulting in 29% reduced damage taken from fortify, an increase of 9%. You also lose the -9% chaos res mod which is a 10% drop for my build on PoB. Or not, if you are a luck sack and craft it multi influenced :D Its also easier to craft because the weight is 0.421% vs 0.210 for the resistance mod.

Now that they changed guard skills with VMS as well it might be interesting to look at Immortal Call with a reliable source of endurance charge generation, as Steelskin will no longer work alongside MS.

Its not the old VMS, but its something /shrug.

Edit: It might be realistic to craft a double influenced helmet next league. You can smash -9% chaos res with +25% fortify effect using awakener orb and if you want life you can remove a <prefixtype> modifier with the targeted annuls of Harvest and add a life modifier afterwards.

Good ideas, ill have to look into crafting. Harvest will bring new mods too.
Also ty for the insights!
3.11 UPDATED

Wish you all great league start!
"
3.11 UPDATED

Wish you all great league start!

Thank you.

Now I just need to finish what I couldn't during Delirium, choosing one of those skill.
"
"
Destructodave wrote:
I'm still debating on what I'm playing this league. Either Scourge Arrow, or maybe even Cobra Lash.

I cant play the same EXACT build again, I'll burn out even though I really dont think either is as good as Viper/Pestilent. I know Scourge is pretty good but I'd definitely miss life on hit.

But, this seems like a much easier league than delirium was in general. I'll just have to make my decision when I start leveling up.

Don't play the same build if you are prone to burn outs.
Freshen it up :)

Yea, I believe I'm gonna try Scourge Arrow this time around. I played Delirium far longer than most leagues, so burn out would probably be real if I chose the same build again. But, I like poison builds so Ill try Scourge.

I wanted to play around with a slam skill, tectonic and chieftain maybe, but I dont wanna start with it and it just be meh and put me behind; I may give it a shot later in the league when I get bored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info