[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Corioliss wrote:
And even if the "increased buff effect" gets nerfed to the ground completely you could still go Chaos res while affected by HoAg + increased chaos damage while affected by HoAg. A little worse for sure, but not by that much.
Yeah, the increased chaos damage one seems about 1% better now compared to the buff effect one. Both with good rolls.
Overall about a 2,5% dmg nerf on this ring alone. Not too substantial.

"
"
Orangesilk wrote:
Heavy armor investment could still pay off via the new historic keystone that lets armor apply to elemental damage. We could compliment that with a Rumi's and see how it turns out.

Where is that keystone i cant find it?

Here are all the new keystones/notables:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2873767
Probably talking about Imbalanced Guard.
Not sure if that's really worth taking, because it's pathing away from all our stuff. Plus the next interesting thing next to it (Soul of Steel) got nerfed as well.

"
wakasm wrote:
"

Are you including 15 Wither stacks in that calculation?

Congrats on the baby! :D

I usually only set it to 10 wither stacks in my poison calculations . I prefer my POB damage to be less than optimal since I find if I rely too hard on max potential, I make bad gear choices while leveling, so i always try to dumb it down a little bit where I can.

When I was playing with it in POB, and messing with cluster jewels and a gg claw, I was able to get it to 3 million. I think my actual character reached 1.6 million, and then I also kept Plague Bearer just because I never had the time to really get my gear to culling strike + mana ready which made up the extra damage since it charges almost instantly at all times.

I also was stacking wicked palls for a while so VMS would last way longer, and then I was stacking Low tolerance as well, which, I couldn't figure out the math for. (it felt like it was strong while mapping but something tells me that it's actually probably not ideal for Venom Gyre).

I wish I focused a bit more on attack speed somehow.

However, since I was so focused on trying to catch up in Challenges, most maps I just zoomed through. T16, alch, sextant, perandus or scarab, and gooo. I think in the last 5 hours of play I did like 80 bonuses on maps and another 40 awakened unlocks just trying to refresh my hideout stuff and zana for a cortex to drop. With VMS + Max Block on the shield + Witheringstep (and dash), even at max delirium, it was possible to survive most things, even with my less than optimal hp.

The only part I struggled with was managing VMS and MS on late game bosses like Sirus 8 or Uber elder properly. I would sometimes get 1 shot just because of my stupidity. I also had an issue with mana and that my attack in place would trigger a walk if I ran too low. I never full fixed that, but that made me walk into things I shouldn't have.

I imagine your stronger variants would help with that, but it was all still very doable, just not perfect. I meant to experiment with command of steel, but never got the chance to, and now it's gone.

Ty for the extensive feedback!
Glad you cleared the end game with the build even with less than perfect gear.

Tbh i'm torn atm should I update the build since main thing about it got heavily nerfed.
Without it Assassin is probably the better option if switching to dodge anyway. :/
Scourge poison PF is very strong and this build is subpar now with 3.11 patch.

We had a good run at least. I had a blast in Blight playing whole league as this PF.
Will leave it like this for now. Maybe some good ideas pop up in the meantime. :)
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jun 17, 2020, 3:08:23 PM
"
Orangesilk wrote:
Huh, could you link your PoB please?

This was my character from Delirium: https://pastebin.com/4b5ifimm

I think VMS will still be okay since my regular Molten Shell was giving me 10k eHP with my flasks. VMS + Molten Shell gave me around 30k eHP and I never even used half of it before it expired on Kosis @ wave 20 or maxed out delirium t16s.
Last edited by qawsican on Jun 17, 2020, 4:24:03 PM
"
qawsican wrote:
Just updated my POB Fork and my dps went from 11.8mil to 10.4mil so ~10% dps loss more or less. Still more than enough dmg to clear all content but with VMS dead, we'll have to see.
"
qawsican wrote:
"
Orangesilk wrote:
Huh, could you link your PoB please?

This was my character from Delirium: https://pastebin.com/4b5ifimm

I think VMS will still be okay since my regular Molten Shell was giving me 10k eHP with my flasks. VMS + Molten Shell gave me around 30k eHP and I never even used half of it before it expired on Kosis @ wave 20 or maxed out delirium t16s.

Just a heads up for anyone getting too excited for these numbers:
This is with vaal haste, 3 frenzy charges (through blood rage), onslaught (5% on kill through jewel), 3 spider web stacks and "enemy is a boss? => no" in PoB.
With shaper in PoB and all the on kill effects removed for bossing, its closer to 3,5m without wither/spider stacks or 7,6m with full spider/wither.

This is not take away from your character, just to put it into perspective and don't have everyone load it into PoB as instantly as I did ;)

Its obviously still enough damage to do endgame content comfortably.

From looking over it the "blind on hit" jewels seems unnecessary, because you should have a smoke cloud up (which blinds enemies) through stibnite flask a lot of the time.

Regarding 3.11 - what's with the Warcry stuff?
Enduring Cry sounds solid without having all the numbers yet. Maybe coupled with VMS or another guard skill?
Last edited by blastinMot on Jun 17, 2020, 5:38:32 PM
Oof, the VMS nerf was to be expected tho, I was really hyped up to play this build this league. Do you guys have a suggestion for a similar build I could run with pestilent strike? Should I go for a shadow build or would path finder still be fine?
Last edited by ItIsBobFgt on Jun 17, 2020, 6:13:29 PM
"
blastinMot wrote:
Just a heads up for anyone getting too excited for these numbers:
This is with vaal haste, 3 frenzy charges (through blood rage), onslaught (5% on kill through jewel), 3 spider web stacks and "enemy is a boss? => no" in PoB.
With shaper in PoB and all the on kill effects removed for bossing, its closer to 3,5m without wither/spider stacks or 7,6m with full spider/wither.

This is not take away from your character, just to put it into perspective and don't have everyone load it into PoB as instantly as I did ;)

Its obviously still enough damage to do endgame content comfortably.

From looking over it the "blind on hit" jewels seems unnecessary, because you should have a smoke cloud up (which blinds enemies) through stibnite flask a lot of the time.

Enduring Cry sounds solid without having all the numbers yet. Maybe coupled with VMS or another guard skill?

Ah that's my bad, Delirium was the first time/league I REALLY used POB (other than the skill tree) and it's calculation tab so I didn't realize I could change the enemy type. I'll edit my previous post so people don't get confused with the numbers, thanks for checking it for me.

In regards to the 'Blind on Hit' Jewel, I bought it when I was specced a bit differently (had less block & no endurance charges) which ended up with me dying pretty frequently so I thought adding a Main immune + extra blind on hit would help with that. After I respecced to more tank, I forgot about it and never swapped it.
"
blastinMot wrote:

This might be a bandaid for the whole VMS nerf.

3 Endurance charges with 2% additional phys reduction from Enduring Cry seems pretty strong. Regen on top of it.

"
ItIsBobFgt wrote:
Oof, the VMS nerf was to be expected tho, I was really hyped up to play this build this league. Do you guys have a suggestion for a similar build I could run with pestilent strike? Should I go for a shadow build or would path finder still be fine?

Yeah, what can you do other than adapt. Been in this situation few times before with other builds. Nothing is broken beyond repair, it's just very f***** tedious to update the build and find solutions when GGG released patch notes 2 days before league start without gems info and other stuff.
VMS nerf broke my heart but i understand to some point. While under it char was almost unkillable.
It's still very much viable for all content just not op as it was.

Not much i can do atm since gems and items are not updated in PoB. :/
"
ItIsBobFgt wrote:

Second this question. Does the scourge poison PF have the same potential as this build did pre-3.11?
"
qawsican wrote:
Ah that's my bad, Delirium was the first time/league I REALLY used POB (other than the skill tree) and it's calculation tab so I didn't realize I could change the enemy type. I'll edit my previous post so people don't get confused with the numbers, thanks for checking it for me.
No worries. If you're new to something as complicated as PoB, these things happen. Remember it happening to me as well, when I started to use PoB more often.

"
Nothing is broken beyond repair, it's just very f***** tedious to update the build and find solutions when GGG released patch notes 2 days before league start without gems info and other stuff.
Well, every other (or most of them) has to deal with it as well. So it's still fair game and part of the "fun" going in to a new league.

I'll probably league start with this build anyway, because I honestly just liked it so much last league.

Also for me the VMS thing is probably not as bad as it looks on paper.
On fully loaded maps or simulacrum wave 20 you couldn't have it up all the time and you still didn't die constantly.

Looking forward to the new league mechanic.
May be this has something nice to craft in store for this build...
"
blastinMot wrote:
Well, every other (or most of them) has to deal with it as well. So it's still fair game and part of the "fun" going in to a new league.

I'll probably league start with this build anyway, because I honestly just liked it so much last league.

Also for me the VMS thing is probably not as bad as it looks on paper.
On fully loaded maps or simulacrum wave 20 you couldn't have it up all the time and you still didn't die constantly.

Looking forward to the new league mechanic.
May be this has something nice to craft in store for this build...

True that. I remember too when i tested it in Simulacrum that I popped VMS only short before Kosis spawned on wave 20 and it was over the top even then. He only managed to ding my life when it expired.

Some crafts will be interesting for sure.
Increased ailment duration focus craft i haven't even used so far.
It will be fine honestly.

Ill add now Vennto's early leveling guide onto the main page.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info