[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

While you are waiting for PoB update:

"27119": {
"skill": 27119,
"name": "Tribal Fury",
"icon": "Art\/2DArt\/SkillIcons\/passives\/StrikeSkillsNotable.png",
"isNotable": true,
"recipe": [
"OpalescentOil",
"SilverOil",
"GoldenOil"
],
"stats": [
"Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemy"
],
"group": 131,
"orbit": 2,
"orbitIndex": 6,
"out": [],
"in": [
"2092",
"53791"
]
},
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
qawsican wrote:
Just read through the patch notes, and aside from VMS & Circle of Nostalgia, I don't think anything else really changed much (correct me if I'm wrong). The dual-wield nerf isn't that big of a deal since this build never really relied on phys.

VMS is dead.
Ill have to see what can i do with the new keystone and does it make up for it.
"
"
qawsican wrote:
Just read through the patch notes, and aside from VMS & Circle of Nostalgia, I don't think anything else really changed much (correct me if I'm wrong). The dual-wield nerf isn't that big of a deal since this build never really relied on phys.

VMS is dead.

Just updated my POB Fork and my dps went from 11.8mil to 10.4mil so ~10% dps loss more or less. Still more than enough dmg to clear all content but with VMS dead, we'll have to see.

EDIT: Had my POB configured wrong, had enemy type set to non-boss. Shaper dps is closer to 7.8mil. Thanks @blastinMot for spotting my error.
Last edited by qawsican on Jun 17, 2020, 6:23:06 PM
"
qawsican wrote:
"
"
qawsican wrote:

VMS is dead.

Just updated my POB Fork and my dps went from 11.8mil to 10.4mil so ~10% dps loss more or less. Still more than enough dmg to clear all content but with VMS dead, we'll have to see.

Huh, could you link your PoB please?
"
qawsican wrote:

I played a budget 2 million shaper dps 1 hand + shield venom gyre version of this build in delirium league and that was more than enough to clear all content. That was without even a gg claw since I was absent for 95% of the league (just had a baby this year which ate up most of the time and came back for the last 2 days).

I went 1 handed just because it was so late in the league I wouldn't have enough to currency to buy/craft 1 let alone 2 claws. I adopted the VMS idea from this build (RIP) and gear + gem setups, but instead just took either shield or 1 handed stats vs dual. Probably could hit 3-4 mil with investment this way.

if you are hitting 10mil, YES, lol, that's MORE than enough if it's not POB padded.

In the last 2 days I went from 18 challenges to 33... but sadly, needed one more day to get to 36. Adulting is fun.

However, without VMS - I'm curious how this will end up since I think it's offensive capabilities are not really in question, even with nerfs.

Last edited by wakasm on Jun 17, 2020, 1:44:58 PM
Heavy armor investment could still pay off via the new historic keystone that lets armor apply to elemental damage. We could compliment that with a Rumi's and see how it turns out.
"
wakasm wrote:
"
qawsican wrote:

I played a budget 2 million shaper dps 1 hand + shield venom gyre version of this build in delirium league and that was more than enough to clear all content. That was without even a gg claw since I was absent for 95% of the league (just had a baby this year which ate up most of the time and came back for the last 2 days).

I went 1 handed just because it was so late in the league I wouldn't have enough to currency to buy/craft 1 let alone 2 claws. I adopted the VMS idea from this build (RIP) and gear + gem setups, but instead just took either shield or 1 handed stats vs dual. Probably could hit 3-4 mil with investment this way.

if you are hitting 10mil, YES, lol, that's MORE than enough if it's not POB padded.

In the last 2 days I went from 18 challenges to 33... but sadly, needed one more day to get to 36. Adulting is fun.

However, without VMS - I'm curious how this will end up since I think it's offensive capabilities are not really in question, even with nerfs.

Are you including 15 Wither stacks in that calculation?

Setup is very nice.
Atm im clicking in PoB with various ideas. Most likely will switch to full dodge with Elusive and Wind Dancer.
That shield looks op to be honest. It's very strong defensive choice.

Congrats on the baby! :D
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jun 17, 2020, 2:10:12 PM
"
Orangesilk wrote:
Heavy armor investment could still pay off via the new historic keystone that lets armor apply to elemental damage. We could compliment that with a Rumi's and see how it turns out.

Where is that keystone i cant find it?
"
"
Orangesilk wrote:

Where is that keystone i cant find it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/gww68s/here_is_one_of_the_new_timeless_jewel_keystones/

But nevermind, didn't notice the "Instead" part. It's definitely not where we wanna go.
"

Are you including 15 Wither stacks in that calculation?

Congrats on the baby! :D

Thanks - the baby is fun and awesome, just eats POE time for sure lol.

I usually only set it to 10 wither stacks in my poison calcs . I prefer my POB damage to be less than optimal since I find if I rely too hard on max potential, I make bad gear choices and/or often overlook good budget substitutes. I don't make money like some of you do and mostly rely on drops and some trading, but I think the most I've ever had is like 20 EX, and that was playing a full league. The few times I focused on currency I got burned out, so instead I usually focus on Challenges.

When I was playing with it in POB, and messing with cluster jewels and a gg claw, I was able to get it to 3-4 million. I think my actual character reached 1.6 million, and then I also kept Plague Bearer just because I never had the time to really get my gear to culling strike + mana ready which made up the extra damage since it charges almost instantly at all times.

I also was stacking wicked pall for a while so VMS would last way longer, and then I was stacking Low tolerance as well, which, I couldn't figure out the math for. (it felt like it was strong while mapping but something tells me that it's actually probably not ideal for Venom Gyre) or bosses.

I wish I focused a bit more on attack speed somehow.

However, since I was so focused on trying to catch up in Challenges, most maps I just zoomed through. T16, alch, chisel, vaal, sextant, perandus or scarab, pick a master and gooo.

I think in the last 5 hours of play I did like 80 bonuses on maps and another 40 awakened unlocks just trying to refresh my hideout stuff and zana for a cortex to drop. With VMS + Max Block on the shield + Witheringstep + Elusive (and dash), even at max delirium, it was possible to survive most things, even with my less than optimal hp.

The only part I struggled with was managing VMS and MS on late game bosses like Sirus 8 or Uber elder properly.

I would sometimes get 1 shot just because of my stupidity or would burn through them too early. I also had an issue with mana and that my attack in place would trigger a walk if I ran too low which got me killed more times than I would like to admit (twice on uber elder for sure!). I am sure I could have fixed the mana issue, just never did.

I meant to experiment with command of steel, but never got the chance to, and now it's gone as a cluster jewel.

Last edited by wakasm on Jun 17, 2020, 3:09:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info