[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"

I can't agree. Even if you get a good two noder large cluster, disease vector and a couple low tolerance nodes are going to be really strong I feel. Disease vector at least would be worth getting I think. Negating an enemies life regen is pretty big.

I strongly disagree. Getting a large with disease vector is going to cost you 3 passives to unlock the cluster and then at the very least 4 passives to get there. I don't believe that Disease Vector is worth 7 points at all. Health regen is only really relevant against Metamorphs and very specific map bosses. Sirius and UE don't have sizable health regen. Clusters come at a steep price to even get there.

Getting Disease Vector and 2 sockets costs on average 400alts, and getting a good regal is easily 1/10. Crafting costs for a bare minimum jewel get crazy immediately.
"
Orangesilk wrote:
"

I can't agree. Even if you get a good two noder large cluster, disease vector and a couple low tolerance nodes are going to be really strong I feel. Disease vector at least would be worth getting I think. Negating an enemies life regen is pretty big.

I strongly disagree. Getting a large with disease vector is going to cost you 3 passives to unlock the cluster and then at the very least 4 passives to get there. I don't believe that Disease Vector is worth 7 points at all. Health regen is only really relevant against Metamorphs and very specific map bosses. Sirius and UE don't have sizable health regen. Clusters come at a steep price to even get there.

Getting Disease Vector and 2 sockets costs on average 400alts, and getting a good regal is easily 1/10. Crafting costs for a bare minimum jewel get crazy immediately.

On second thought, I can't really argue with you. You make good points. I feel like eventually, I might try finding a solid megalomaniac and see if I can make it work with a good low tolerance combo. Maybe get lucky and get low tolerance and fettle or something.
I'm very new to this build, and relatively new to the game. I just go to mapping and I'm having a little trouble even with t2 maps.

My resistances are all at 75, but I only have 2500 health. Should I focus on getting some currency and upping my health?

Also, I love, love, love cobra lash for the clear speed, which is working great, but I'm running into mana issues against single target bosses as my mana flask runs out. Is there a quick fix for mana issues? 18 mana per cobralash right now, which goes quick with how much attack speed I have.

Other than that, this guide was great! Slow start, but once I hit about level 30 I breezed through the rest of the acts to mapping in record time (for me).
"
tytanic44 wrote:
I'm very new to this build, and relatively new to the game. I just go to mapping and I'm having a little trouble even with t2 maps.

My resistances are all at 75, but I only have 2500 health. Should I focus on getting some currency and upping my health?

Also, I love, love, love cobra lash for the clear speed, which is working great, but I'm running into mana issues against single target bosses as my mana flask runs out. Is there a quick fix for mana issues? 18 mana per cobralash right now, which goes quick with how much attack speed I have.

Other than that, this guide was great! Slow start, but once I hit about level 30 I breezed through the rest of the acts to mapping in record time (for me).

Yeah, you need to get your life up to at least 4000 asap. Goal is 5000+.

For mana, you need to allocate passive on the tree Soul Raker. Also, don't use Culling Strike with Herald of Agony before you get Enlighten lvl 4 gem.
"
"
tytanic44 wrote:

Yeah, you need to get your life up to at least 4000 asap. Goal is 5000+.

For mana, you need to allocate passive on the tree Soul Raker. Also, don't use Culling Strike with Herald of Agony before you get Enlighten lvl 4 gem.

Wow, Soul Raker completely changed my life. For future reference, would you recommend going North on the passive tree first, or South?
"

Why is that? They messed up clusters too?

Yeah they made notables much rather to roll. Fettle for example is a 1/400 chance to appear now. Getting a small cluster with fettle and 7% chaos res would take an average of 18000 chaos orbs unless you somehow circumvent it via fossils or Harvest crafting. Clusters became a rich people thing now.
Hey Torstein, loved your Glacial Hammer build so decided to league start this since I've never done a poison build before.

I think I just have one question. I'm using Pestilent Strike as you suggest and in the guide you list the links as:

Pestilent Strike - Deadly Ailments - Vile Toxins - Added Chaos damage - Multistrike - Melee Physical damage and to substitute Ancestral Call for Melee Phy when mapping.

In the PoB though the links use Unbound Ailments instead of Melee Phys. I'm just wondering which is correct and do we still use Ancestral Call for mapping? Thanks!
"
ButtButt27 wrote:
Hey Torstein, loved your Glacial Hammer build so decided to league start this since I've never done a poison build before.

I think I just have one question. I'm using Pestilent Strike as you suggest and in the guide you list the links as:

Pestilent Strike - Deadly Ailments - Vile Toxins - Added Chaos damage - Multistrike - Melee Physical damage and to substitute Ancestral Call for Melee Phy when mapping.

In the PoB though the links use Unbound Ailments instead of Melee Phys. I'm just wondering which is correct and do we still use Ancestral Call for mapping? Thanks!

I'm glad you liked it :)

Awakened Unbound Ailment's is little better than Awakened Melee Physical.

For normal gems go with Melee phys.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jun 22, 2020, 1:08:15 PM
"

I'm glad you liked it :)

Awakened Unbound Ailment's is little better than Awakened Melee Physical.

For normal gems go with Melee phys.

Roger that... so Ancestral Call is always used for general mapping/clear and then Melee phys for tougher bosses?
"
ButtButt27 wrote:
Roger that... so Ancestral Call is always used for general mapping/clear and then Melee phys for tougher bosses?
Yes.
Unless your currency allows you buy a good amulet and annoint "Tribal Fury" on it or you get gloves with "Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby enemy". After going with one of these items, you can usually drop ancestral call permanently.
Last edited by blastinMot on Jun 22, 2020, 3:36:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info