[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
kompaniet wrote:

I'm definitely not gonna spend 4 exa on each weapon so i'll think about how far i'm gonna push this build. Dps is alright with wasp nest so far. Pob shows about 2 million dps. If that is correct i do not know. So maybe i will see how far those claws will get me because getting an upgrade is 2 exa each claw atleast for a terrible roll. And that is ridiculous.

Overall: A good build with my limited experience so far (t12 maps) Just don't expect it to be cheap.

My experience was that a pair of wasp's nests was perfectly serviceable up until Red Maps with any old corrupted six-link with the right colors. The rest of my gear was filled out with useful 1-5c rares or stuff I'd found while mapping.

While getting the top-end claws is definitely expensive, just getting a pair of them with the Chaos Damage + More Poison roll is enough to dunk on end-game bosses thoroughly. The attack speed is very nice and a beefy upgrade, but not at all mandatory given I pushed the Awakener's shit in at level 6 with one claw I crafted and another I snagged for like an exalt. In this league especially, having to pay an exalt for a weapon to let you goon out T16 bosses isn't much of a drawback given how currency flows like wine in the trade league.

Bought for 2ex, then sold another item for 2ex. Woo! Only one more claw to go and I can annoint Tribal Fury!
"
HeliumHe wrote:

Bought for 2ex, then sold another item for 2ex. Woo! Only one more claw to go and I can annoint Tribal Fury!

Very good! :)

Just before you anoint amulet, check out the amulet section it's updated.
"
"
HeliumHe wrote:

Very good! :)

Just before you anoint amulet, check out the amulet section it's updated.

Aul's uprising is a very interesting choice, however, that would make capping resist a little/quite harder for a lot of people, especially if use with Circle of Nostalgia. Still, a very tempting solution to neverending craft RNG!

I will weight on the odds. Thanks again for your suggestion. It has been a very fun journey throughout Metamorph with this build!
"
"
kompaniet wrote:
Btw you only need enlighten lvl 2 to operate with all the auras up. Not level 3 as written in the guide. Saves you a couple of chaos orbs.

What is written in guide is there for a reason. Having lvl 2 Enlighten will leave you with only 25 mana. That will make a problem when you want to fast cast 3 totems. It's doable but will make problems.

Core defenses are based on MS, evasion>armor (rare evasion chest is ok) and flasks which can't be cheaper.

Build is cheap to start but far from cheap on high end setup. It's also more expensive now than when I made the guide.
Even I can't afford it atm since I don't play much and my currency is non-existent but better players can or ones who play more. xD

Just to point out this once again, it's top tier attack based build which means that to show full potential it requires very good items, high levels and practice (some skill with it).
It's not a summoner char that can go thru the game on 2ex budget. It's just the way things are in this game.
On the other hand combination of damage output it can make and tankyness it has is very rare and unique.

Wither totem only costs 8-9 mana to summon. If you have the -mana cost craft on rings and amulet that is. Maybe that is what you meant. Haven't had any mana issues but that is just me.

I agree with everything you write though. It's a perfectly viable league starter but has expensive top end gear. The comparison with summoner is spot on.

Dual wielding just annoys me. The costs of two weapons.

I have been doing some tests in pob with ahn's shield for perma onslaught and 78% resistances and run the build with claw and shield.
I'll see what i can come up with but the damage is definitely better dual wielding. No doubt about it.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jan 2, 2020, 2:15:20 PM
As someone who plans on swapping between the skills often, would it be a good idea for me to get one claw with level 10 Despair on hit? I realize this means I lose 6% chaos penetration compared to Witchfire, but it also means I don't have to be in melee range to use it. Not to mention giving me a slot for another defensive flask.

"
kompaniet wrote:

Wither totem only costs 8-9 mana to summon. If you have the -mana cost craft on rings and amulet that is. Maybe that is what you meant. Haven't had any mana issues but that is just me.

I agree with everything you write though. It's a perfectly viable league starter but has expensive top end gear. The comparison with summoner is spot on.

Dual wielding just annoys me. The costs of two weapons.

I have been doing some tests in pob with ahn's shield for perma onslaught and 78% resistances and run the build with claw and shield.
I'll see what i can come up with but the damage is definitely better dual wielding. No doubt about it.

I never payed pretty much anything for my claws. I was focused on Delve and getting the fossils myself. Only bought few Shuddering ones that I was missing.
Try to do it that way. You will also get other rewards while Delving.

"
CefkaPalazzo wrote:
As someone who plans on swapping between the skills often, would it be a good idea for me to get one claw with level 10 Despair on hit? I realize this means I lose 6% chaos penetration compared to Witchfire, but it also means I don't have to be in melee range to use it. Not to mention giving me a slot for another defensive flask.

If you have that mod good if you don't it's ok.
Witchfire brew is a stibnite flask and you wan't to use that smoke cloud vs bosses, so stay in melee range (yeah even with ranged skills) when your VMS is up no prob. It also gives increased evasion.
While mapping it doesn't matter. Trash dies fast anyway.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 2, 2020, 3:06:56 PM
just crafted

I want to annul mana but knowing my luck ill lose something useful.
Last edited by dmitriya1 on Jan 2, 2020, 4:54:08 PM
Just wanna thank you for your build !

I play poe for 5 years now, and this build is certainly one of my favorite !

I cleaned everything with it. A great thanks & good job !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info