[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Vennto wrote:

I think you are referring to the grand spectrum jewels, which are not at all mandatory - the endurance charges give a bit more defenses, the frenzy a bit more dps and the ailment avoidance helps to limit oneshots, but those are not necessary at all to farm t16.

Yes, I was talking about the grand spectrum jewels. Thank you so much for the correction!

Do you know how critical the Forbidden Flame and Forbidden Flesh jewels are? The description on the Wiki for Heartstopper sounds like they could have a bigger impact but they're not as expensive, like 2 or 3 divine each in standard.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Nov 24, 2022, 12:47:51 AM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:

I think you are referring to the grand spectrum jewels, which are not at all mandatory - the endurance charges give a bit more defenses, the frenzy a bit more dps and the ailment avoidance helps to limit oneshots, but those are not necessary at all to farm t16.

Yes, I was talking about the grand spectrum jewels. Thank you so much for the correction!

Do you know how critical the Forbidden Flame and Forbidden Flesh jewels are? The description on the Wiki for Heartstopper sounds like they could have a bigger impact but they're not as expensive, like 2 or 3 divine each in standard.

Well, read what they do... they help mitigate damage over time. So in cases you would die to DoT, you probably won´t with them. Listen, builds like that, where people put in a lot of effort, are thinking of hundreds of incremental things to be equipped vs. whatever the game throws at you. DoTs certainly are a problem in some instances, for example Uber Sirus. Here u want a way to deal with them, hence his approach is overleech and Heartstopper to specifically mitigate DoT-dps that otherwise would be deadly.
But same answer as before goes: That does not mean you can´t farm t16 with it on a bare minimum.

I did my fair testing with it already and I´ll show u something:

That was the gear I was wearing farming T16 Dunes on Level 76. Of course there are quite some deaths with the Trickster-Version, but it works. And normally you would be at least level 85 until you enter that content, thats 9 more skillpoints for defense/offense.
People need to get away from the mentality that you need highly expensive slots to farm basic content, builds are presented in their maximum state and you need to figure out what you need to get there, and standard T16 alch and Go really does not require anything big. Most importantly u need to check if you meet all the defensive MECHANICS: Is the build going evasion? look for a lot of evade-chance. Block is your main goal and PoB requires 75%? So make sure u get that first, etc.
If you fulfill what the mechanics demand everything else just adds effectiveness (offensive and defensivewise) as well as QoL.
Super good information!

I have created a test build in standard to play around a little bit with the build. I have a specific question. FEL's PoB has a large life regen mod in it. I couldn't get that, instead I swapped out one of the movement skills for vitality. That seems to solve the Blood Rage regen when not leeching for this test build. I notice you don't have a big life regen mod either. Maybe I don't need to really worry about life regen?

Anyway here's my test build.

It still feels pretty brittle like a glass cannon. Maybe I'm not playing it right, I don't know.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Nov 24, 2022, 12:23:57 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about the melee strike changes coming in this 3.20 patch.

the 30% increased strike range felt great during maping so I don't like that it's getting removed, but having the strike buffs on the tree will open up some avenues for the build and support gems.

thoughts?
"
I'm not sure how I feel about the melee strike changes coming in this 3.20 patch.

the 30% increased strike range felt great during maping so I don't like that it's getting removed, but having the strike buffs on the tree will open up some avenues for the build and support gems.

thoughts?

Doesn't affect this build. All in all ill play it and i predict it will be amazing.
"
"

thoughts?

Doesn't affect this build. All in all ill play it and i predict it will be amazing.

It effected me a bit this kalandra patch, I needed to run ancestral call support gem before I got the "Strike skills target *1* additional nearby enemy" implicit on gloves. This was only for early mapping but it might make that easier.

"
"
"

thoughts?

It effected me a bit this kalandra patch, I needed to run ancestral call support gem before I got the "Strike skills target *1* additional nearby enemy" implicit on gloves. This was only for early mapping but it might make that easier.

+1 target was always a must for the build, pretty much any strike build. Either from Ancestral Call/Anoint/Gloves. Without it targeting is really bad.

30% increased strike range on the other hand was never available from passive tree to this build.

Not sure what do you mean?
Do you have an updated PoB for 3.19/3.20?
"
Milkshakez wrote:
Do you have an updated PoB for 3.19/3.20?

Will be up before league start most likely. I need to rewrite complete first page, lots of things are new from the current guide and PoB hasn't been updated.
NVM, I was reading part of that wrong. my bad.

I did see a bug fix for poison duration stuff though. I'm still going through the patch notes slowly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info