[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

Will there be a progress guide? PoB looks very endgame, some points regarding the progress of the tree, gems and items would be useful :)
I think this can be easily leveled (and played in maps) as PConc. Maybe venntro will create a leveling tree.
Last edited by coryu on Dec 8, 2022, 10:14:00 AM
"
coryu wrote:
I think this can be easily leveled (and played in maps) as PConc. Maybe venntro will create a leveling tree.

You´re exactly right. I tested different setups and I think PConc is the way to go here, it is way too strong to ignore it and it only needs minimal respec since we´re going poison anyway.

Also, the defensive concept as presented here can already be used while going PConc. The initial, short leveling guide is already with Thorstein for final review and will be ready for leaguestart I think. That being said, it won´t contain certain upgrade-rounds to follow exactly, as this is really down to personal preference. You can start after campaign easily with just wasps nest and constantly work your way up, but up until a certain point PConc will always stay stronger so I don´t want to suggest any specific swapping point when there is no definitive moment I can point out that is the best for it.
Why did you choose Awakened Swift Affliction > Awakened Unbound Ailments?
I guess UA is only more damage, if a monster/boss is alive for >8.8s.
Or is it for some other reason?
Poison is one of the few archetypes I haven't played so I'm hoping I can make this work. Hopefully I can figure this out in early game with just the POB, I'm a little bit scared though :P But I'll try to make it work, hoping we can get that leveling guide here as well.

What weapon to use as starter before I can reach the target one? Wasp's Nest?

Any general tips on how to level this, which skills to prioritize, what items to use as cheap replacements? Sorry, I'm new to Ranger and Poison in general :(

Edit: Thanks for the leveling guide, much appreciated!
I enjoy creating thematic builds, that are still perfectly functional!

- [3.25] (CONCEPT) Master of Blades - Death by a Thousand Impales: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3533232
- [3.25] The Undying Vampire - Colin Robinson Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3438891
Last edited by Myzreal on Dec 8, 2022, 5:32:04 PM
"
coryu wrote:

Exactly this. 8.8 seconds with bosses that have phases is unreasonable, so swift affliction is the better choice for faster dmg-ramp. It would basically mean that you need to attack a boss for roughly 9 seconds to stack the maximum poison stacks, you will NEVER get this, especially not on uber bosses. On some ubers you could make the argument for unbound ailments due to the fact that you don´t have very long attacking windows anyway, but that also comes down to personal preference and more - skillcap.
Last edited by Vennto on Dec 8, 2022, 6:38:10 PM
"
Myzreal wrote:
Poison is one of the few archetypes I haven't played so I'm hoping I can make this work. Hopefully I can figure this out in early game with just the POB, I'm a little bit scared though :P But I'll try to make it work, hoping we can get that leveling guide here as well.

What weapon to use as starter before I can reach the target one? Wasp's Nest?

Any general tips on how to level this, which skills to prioritize, what items to use as cheap replacements? Sorry, I'm new to Ranger and Poison in general :(

Edit: Thanks for the leveling guide, much appreciated!

As mentioned just one post back... Thorstein is already on the final review for the leveling-tree and -guide, it will most likely be ready for the start.

General tips: Use poison cocotion til maps, get wasps nest, cap surpression early and make sure you have all the defensive mechanics and layers in place.
Last edited by Vennto on Dec 8, 2022, 6:40:11 PM
"
Loutrekami wrote:
I made this build on harvest league and it was very fun. Just one question: It's a good league starter or we need to start with an other build and make it after few days/ one week?

Thanks for the update.

Personally i'll start most likely with another build and swap to this one after i accumulate some currency.
You can start with this one if you don't want to bother leveling again.
"
akunadin wrote:
Love the Build and will use it as a reference. But i got a question, was only able to view at briefly until now, but what i noticed is you probably can't achieve perma flask with it, without flask nodes.

All flask are set to active with a uptime around 20-40% (can't remember) and without them EHP dips quite a bit. Shouldn't you invest in some flask nodes or did i miss something?

I mean with mob kills it can be achieved but against bosses it could be hard.

Can't get it all. :) Or can we?
As posted build is not on level of auto flasks. It needs more investment into flask charge gain/duration, but it could be made to 100% uptime at the expense of damage and one flask slot. It's one jewel and 5 passive points investment.
If you really want 100% uptime it can be done but with tradeoffs.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
coryu wrote:

Exactly this. 8.8 seconds with bosses that have phases is unreasonable, so swift affliction is the better choice for faster dmg-ramp. It would basically mean that you need to attack a boss for roughly 9 seconds to stack the maximum poison stacks, you will NEVER get this, especially not on uber bosses. On some ubers you could make the argument for unbound ailments due to the fact that you don´t have very long attacking windows anyway, but that also comes down to personal preference and more - skillcap.

Just to add few words on this.

Aw Unbound Ailments - longer poisons, slower ramp up(poison dps), more total damage dealt with time

Aw Swift Affliction - shorter poisons, faster ramp up(poison dps), less total damage dealt with time

For 90% of content you will want Aw Swift Affliction as s*it won't live long anyway that you won't kill it.
For 10% like Uber Bosses, Sirus and crap that constantly interrupts you, blinks around, phases and you in general can't burst down, Unbound is better.

There's also question of socket colors. Body armour The Covenant is Int base and it's easier to get 3 white sockets 1 blue 2 green and use Aw Unbound.
For Aw SwA you should prob need all white sockets.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Dec 8, 2022, 11:00:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info