[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

The best way to socket it is to do it through the crafting bench I find. 3 socket it and do 2 green / 1 red. Then craft 4 sockets. If you don’t hit a red or a green, return it to 3 sockets. Repeat this until you get the 4th colour. Repeat the process for the 5th colour. At this point you’ll have 2 red and 3 green. Finally 6 socket it and you should hit the blue easily as it’s a blue socket base by nature. Finally 6 link it.
the problem here its allrdy 6-linked so the cheapest coloring method is not going to work.
i would say there 2 reasonable methods if its allrdy 6-linked:
- bench craft 1R1G(vorici calc says 1R1G is the cheapest method with ~200 tries avarage)
- you could beast corrupt the armor with 30quali and use tainted chromas
I've a couple of questions:

Firstly, how am I setting up path of building to compare my DPS between Pestilent/Viper to Molten Strike. If I leave it the same, MS seems to return much lower numbers but feels far superior in play. Are the numbers right, but actually it just plays better? Part of the reason for this is I've been lucky enough to find a covenant with +2 to socketed projectile gems / 6% max life implicits. I need to work out whether I sell this and go for a +1 socketed gems chest instead as the projectile implicits don't really help with PS/VS.

Secondly, I'm saving at the moment for a Forbidden Flame, but the price of it is climbing and climbing. It's kinda the last piece I need other than playing with my rare item crafts, where there's always room for improvement. I guess it's a luxury item but is there anyway to substitute this out for something else?

Build is feeling good again. Started with a Tornado shot bow build but felt incredibly squishy so switched back to this build. Don't really like the league mechanic but there's that much to do that it doesn't really matter too much.
"
__FEL__ wrote:
the problem here its allrdy 6-linked so the cheapest coloring method is not going to work.
i would say there 2 reasonable methods if its allrdy 6-linked:
- bench craft 1R1G(vorici calc says 1R1G is the cheapest method with ~200 tries avarage)
- you could beast corrupt the armor with 30quali and use tainted chromas

Tyvm for the tips.
Can someone check out my build? I am 75 and have 51 deaths. This build feels all too squishy to map.
Hi
Quick question, which content do you guys farm with this build. Which league mechanics this build excel, and which should i avoid due to playstyle (mostly due to viper/PS being meele(ish?). Could you make brief recap? I played this build long time ago and want to give it a try after Torstein comeback, but i dont know if playstyle gonna fit me. Thanks
"
cshero3 wrote:
Can someone check out my build? I am 75 and have 51 deaths. This build feels all too squishy to map.

I specifically said "not a starter build" which translates into it's bad ssf build too, although it can work as scuffed version.

Last league I started with it and Acts were a breeze with Poison Conc, problems started in maps where damage falls off without investment and Covenant, but FEL started 3.21 with it and was one of the fastest players into end game on my friends list. So it mainly depends on the player.
For ssf don't know what to tell you...

Check out maybe few posts back from FEL, he posted google doc on progression.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Apr 30, 2023, 8:35:35 PM
"
Prezydenciak wrote:
Hi
Quick question, which content do you guys farm with this build. Which league mechanics this build excel, and which should i avoid due to playstyle (mostly due to viper/PS being meele(ish?). Could you make brief recap? I played this build long time ago and want to give it a try after Torstein comeback, but i dont know if playstyle gonna fit me. Thanks

You can pretty much farm anything. It's jack of all trades but master of none.
I wouldn't recommend it maybe for Legions and Breach as it can't cover large area quickly, and deep Delve.
Other than that it's great.

Also check out FEL's Molten Strike version (post link is on the main page) and his char. It's far superior in terms of damage to Viper/Pestilent.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Apr 30, 2023, 8:42:51 PM
"
"
Prezydenciak wrote:
Hi

You can pretty much farm anything. It's jack of all trades but master of none.
I wouldn't recommend it maybe for Legions and Breach as it can't cover large area quickly, and deep Delve.
Other than that it's great.

Also check out FEL's Molten Strike version (post link is on the main page) and his char. It's far superior in terms of damage to Viper/Pestilent.

The MS version also solves that Legion and Breach issue really well. I comfortably do both. Legion does require a bit of work and a lucky layout (too much having to run around walls doesnt help the poison stacks build up) but Breach is pretty smooth.
So I'm currently playing the Molten Strike variant, and I'm sorta wondering what Pathfinder has that makes it preferable to just going Raider? We have no investment in flask sustain, so the flasks aren't necessarily being used to their full potential anyway. The need for Master Toxicist's poison prolif is lessened quite a bit by using Molten Strike, and the biggest DPS node, Nature's Reprisal, is much cheaper to get on a pair of Flesh/Flame jewels than Avatar of the Chase.

You do lose a chunk of top end DPS (16m -> 14m by doing a straight swap to Raider + changing the jewels), but you gain permanent Onslaught without needing to have it on the ring, permanent phasing regardless of whether you've blocked or chugged a flask, much easier suppression/spell dodge chance (allowing you to invest your gear toward other things) and the ability to easily make use of Frenzy charges. I re-gained 1m DPS in PoB almost immediately just by swapping out a handful of suppression nodes and changing them to Frenzy charges.

Am I missing anything? I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info