[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
wolfkstaag wrote:
So I'm currently playing the Molten Strike variant, and I'm sorta wondering what Pathfinder has that makes it preferable to just going Raider? We have no investment in flask sustain, so the flasks aren't necessarily being used to their full potential anyway. The need for Master Toxicist's poison prolif is lessened quite a bit by using Molten Strike, and the biggest DPS node, Nature's Reprisal, is much cheaper to get on a pair of Flesh/Flame jewels than Avatar of the Chase.

You do lose a chunk of top end DPS (16m -> 14m by doing a straight swap to Raider + changing the jewels), but you gain permanent Onslaught without needing to have it on the ring, permanent phasing regardless of whether you've blocked or chugged a flask, much easier suppression/spell dodge chance (allowing you to invest your gear toward other things) and the ability to easily make use of Frenzy charges. I re-gained 1m DPS in PoB almost immediately just by swapping out a handful of suppression nodes and changing them to Frenzy charges.

Am I missing anything? I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.

Raider works for less investment in gear, Pathfinder overall has more to offer.

For example if you skip Raider jewel that caps Evasion on PF, you can go for Deadeye +2 proj or Tailwind or Raider Frenzy jewel while having better flask sustain and Wither on hit.

With Raider you're pretty much forced to get Wither on Hit from PF while not having either flask regen or Prolif.

Another thing with PF is that you can take Life flask node instead of 30% effect on magic flask and go with that.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on May 4, 2023, 2:02:47 PM
How do I know which Brutal Restraint to buy? Does the number, 2087 in this case, mean it will be the same as recommended in the build?
"
wolfkstaag wrote:
So I'm currently playing the Molten Strike variant, and I'm sorta wondering what Pathfinder has that makes it preferable to just going Raider? We have no investment in flask sustain, so the flasks aren't necessarily being used to their full potential anyway. The need for Master Toxicist's poison prolif is lessened quite a bit by using Molten Strike, and the biggest DPS node, Nature's Reprisal, is much cheaper to get on a pair of Flesh/Flame jewels than Avatar of the Chase.

You do lose a chunk of top end DPS (16m -> 14m by doing a straight swap to Raider + changing the jewels), but you gain permanent Onslaught without needing to have it on the ring, permanent phasing regardless of whether you've blocked or chugged a flask, much easier suppression/spell dodge chance (allowing you to invest your gear toward other things) and the ability to easily make use of Frenzy charges. I re-gained 1m DPS in PoB almost immediately just by swapping out a handful of suppression nodes and changing them to Frenzy charges.

Am I missing anything? I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.

I’m also now playing the molten strike variant exclusively. I was swapping between viper strike and molten strike but MS just feels so much better. It has been expensive to gear, can’t lie about that one. Currently saving for an onslaught on hit ring and my gear will be just about finished (other than playing with my rares which I normally buy spare pieces of gear to craft onto). Setting up PoB similar to how it is for the page 1 example it shows my dps at around 35m with a message that I’m at the poison cap - it certainly feels that way with how stuff falls over in maps. I’d like to try and hit 100 this league and push for the Uber bosses. Everything up to and including the feared is done. Only limiting factor will be me - not the build!
"
Drezius wrote:
How do I know which Brutal Restraint to buy? Does the number, 2087 in this case, mean it will be the same as recommended in the build?

Yeah, only thing you need is specific number, keystones don't matter as you don't use them.

Watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReIUbq90i7o&ab_channel=Velyna
"
__FEL__ wrote:
switched to a molten strike, dmg is kinda insane with vengeant cascade

my current setup:
https://pobb.in/m9kUkZUFR67O

cheap variant:
https://pobb.in/avs4_L7e6rt2

Uhh... Would you please be able to make an even cheaper variant lmao 🤣 those jewels are so expensive. Also I'm bad at the game where are we getting poison chance from and how come we don't use the new style of dagger?
"
Macca84 wrote:

I’m also now playing the molten strike variant exclusively. I was swapping between viper strike and molten strike but MS just feels so much better. It has been expensive to gear, can’t lie about that one. Currently saving for an onslaught on hit ring and my gear will be just about finished (other than playing with my rares which I normally buy spare pieces of gear to craft onto). Setting up PoB similar to how it is for the page 1 example it shows my dps at around 35m with a message that I’m at the poison cap - it certainly feels that way with how stuff falls over in maps. I’d like to try and hit 100 this league and push for the Uber bosses. Everything up to and including the feared is done. Only limiting factor will be me - not the build!

I'm a bit confused about yours; feel like I'm missing something. You have both the Solstice Vigil and Witchfire brew still, but you've swapped out the Doedre's Damning for a second Circle. Where are you getting the second curse from?
Last edited by wolfkstaag on May 6, 2023, 5:45:38 PM
"
wolfkstaag wrote:
"
Macca84 wrote:

I'm a bit confused about yours; feel like I'm missing something. You have both the Solstice Vigil and Witchfire brew still, but you've swapped out the Doedre's Damning for a second Circle. Where are you getting the second curse from?

Implicit corruption on amulet. Whilst I could only get one curse I ran faster attack support tied to whirling blades and put duration support in with withering step just to make use of the extra gem slots. Just bought an onslaught on hit ring today too, so I’ve dropped my silver flask and replaced it with a quicksilver. Stuff dies that fast I didn’t see the point in using sulphur flask. Thought about using a Rumis Concoction for extra block but speed is nicer :)
So if I'm in act 10 pconc and switch to MS but don't have a claw is it ok to use Wasp's Nest dual wield (or with Mistwall)?
"
NosesforSale wrote:
So if I'm in act 10 pconc and switch to MS but don't have a claw is it ok to use Wasp's Nest dual wield (or with Mistwall)?

Yeah it's fine.
I made the mistake of crafting my claw before checking the crucible tree. Can I use the combiner on my crafted claw without fear of losing enchants and crafts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info