[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
"
Karathis wrote:

i try to keep my flasks up all the time whilst using regular molten shell on cooldown, and using vms for ohshit moments. yet i still die sometimes and i cant figure out why. also even with these claws it takes a while to down t14-15 bosses and morphs

From glancing over your character, I'd say get a Stygian Vise with an 80+ life roll + 1-2 good resists on it and a +Life abyss gem to go with it, and *definitely* look into getting a 6-link chest that has at least some form of +Life on it. This here: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/Lge3E55Tn should help you find what you need for less than 30c tops. You could also buy a non-corrupt 6-link and throw some cheap +Life essences at it until something good-looking pops out too.

As for damage, do you/have you tried swapping in Melee PHysical Damage Support for bosses/metas over Ancestral? It makes an enormous difference since you'll get around 50% more damage.

E: I also noticed you don't have your Uber Lab done yet. Unlocking it and getting your last two points is massive because you'll no longer get gibbed by shock or murdered by ignites.

thank you! ill work on getting labs done and finding a decent chestpiece. i havent tested with melee physical since i usually forget to swap gems

so i got this chestpiece and when i swap my fox fortune out for this i lose 10k armour but only gain 250 total life

edit: im totally getting schwacked more in maps by metamorphs than i was before with fox fortune
Last edited by Karathis on Jan 6, 2020, 7:56:03 AM
Hi TorsteinTheFallen

1st of all , thank you for the build.

Poison is always one of the best, I played once as quill rain poison assassin

Just a question

Is Vortex and bone chill a must?
If not
what is the otehr option?

"
mentalfrost wrote:
I have been having a blast with this setup, crushed pretty much all the content in the game so far with it, I have been looking at picking up my Watcher's Eye and I was looking at a dual Malevolence Watcher's that has something like:

Damaging Ailments you inflict deal Damage 10% faster while affected by Malevolence

My question is that when I plug this stat onto a Watcher's Eye in POB my dps does not increase at all, is it just a limitation of POB, or is just that it would not increase due to some mechanic of the poisons that I am missing?

Yeah PoB doesnt recognize that mod. Edit the jewel by just writing, poisons you inflict deal damage 10% faster .
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 6, 2020, 5:51:57 AM
"
yingchin wrote:
Hi TorsteinTheFallen

1st of all , thank you for the build.

Poison is always one of the best, I played once as quill rain poison assassin

Just a question

Is Vortex and bone chill a must?
If not
what is the otehr option?

It's not mandatory. Use anything you like. Plague Bearer maybe...
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 6, 2020, 5:53:20 AM
"
Darkeayras wrote:
Kind of a noob question:

I understand the build is scaling poison ailment damage as priority, however since the melee skills still have heavy phys to chaos conversion, was wondering if a lower rank +15% to chaos damage over time multiplier is still stronger than slapping on a 100% phys on a claw for the 1 open prefix?

Feels very counter intuitive to me, but would love some input from the veterans in this thread. Is the chaos dmg multi a very huge difference over 100%+ increased phys dmg on claw?

Not huge difference but its better mod.
Hey all, I just managed to get my first Awakener 8 Sirus kill with the Pestilent/Viper Strike setup for this build. I want to give a huge thanks to Torstein for putting this guide together. It is certainly one of the strongest, if not the strongest, builds I have ever played. It felt great all the way from the Twilight Strand to the end.

Secondly, I wanted to share the tweaks I have made that I feel really helped me out to maybe give some of you folks some ideas to try.
1. The biggest change, I think, is rearranging the jewelery. I followed Archernick's advice and found a way to work a Circle of nostalgia in. It made the resists a little tight, but, with some decent luck and woops, I managed to find what was needed. Also the mana felt fine with only two of the minus mana rolls on one ring and the ammulet. THe chaos resistance you can gain from just that one spot of investment is too good to pass up. With decent rolls its not hard to get to +5-10% chaos res. I would highly highly reccomend.
2. The other change I made that I haven't seen mentioned here is replacing Phase Run with the Blind Support for your HoAg. It doesn't come with a mana multiplier but it gives your spider pal a 10% chance to blind every time it hits. Which is really quite frequently when you have full Virulence stacks. I didn't notice it help much with white and blue monsters in maps, but for rares, bosses, and metamorphs, the 50% miss chance really helps out. It gives us another great layer of avoidance to go with the 50% block chance and huge armor we have. You would be suprised how much damage monsters do with attacks, even the spell casting ones.

Anyways I was mostly just excited to kill Sirus and wanted to share my thoughts about this build. Thanks again, Torstein. And good luck everyone!
Any advice on Sirus? I've tried him about 4-5 times now and I just get owned by him. I've tried lvl 4 a couple times and lvl 2. I've read many times that once you "get it" the fight is easy. I seem to whirling blades into the stupid storms at least once during his immune phase or something dumb. And at some point he one shots me since getting VMS up is difficult with no adds.
"
SquishyIshie wrote:
Hey all, I just managed to get my first Awakener 8 Sirus kill with the Pestilent/Viper Strike setup for this build. I want to give a huge thanks to Torstein for putting this guide together. It is certainly one of the strongest, if not the strongest, builds I have ever played. It felt great all the way from the Twilight Strand to the end.

Secondly, I wanted to share the tweaks I have made that I feel really helped me out to maybe give some of you folks some ideas to try.
1. The biggest change, I think, is rearranging the jewelery. I followed Archernick's advice and found a way to work a Circle of nostalgia in. It made the resists a little tight, but, with some decent luck and woops, I managed to find what was needed. Also the mana felt fine with only two of the minus mana rolls on one ring and the ammulet. THe chaos resistance you can gain from just that one spot of investment is too good to pass up. With decent rolls its not hard to get to +5-10% chaos res. I would highly highly reccomend.
2. The other change I made that I haven't seen mentioned here is replacing Phase Run with the Blind Support for your HoAg. It doesn't come with a mana multiplier but it gives your spider pal a 10% chance to blind every time it hits. Which is really quite frequently when you have full Virulence stacks. I didn't notice it help much with white and blue monsters in maps, but for rares, bosses, and metamorphs, the 50% miss chance really helps out. It gives us another great layer of avoidance to go with the 50% block chance and huge armor we have. You would be suprised how much damage monsters do with attacks, even the spell casting ones.

Anyways I was mostly just excited to kill Sirus and wanted to share my thoughts about this build. Thanks again, Torstein. And good luck everyone!

Tyvm for the nice feedback, i appreciate it! :)

The reason behind i've put -mana on all jewelry is to make char viable for every map scenario. It's not mandatory and ill put a note to that into the guide. Advanced players like you find their sweet spot in the process of char making anyway.

Personally I wouldn't drop the Phase Run. It helped me a lot last league when I was doing deep Delve. Getting stuck in corridors/darkness with Whirling blades would mean death. Instead I would drop Bonechill or something. Faster attacks supporting Whirling blades is also not necessary and I removed it when I got my end game claws because char gets too fast and uncontrollable.
Great idea for the blind gem. I'll update the guide during the day.

Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 6, 2020, 8:24:53 AM
Hello !

I managed to reach 34 chall with this build and still aiming at the 36 chall portal. This is avery powerful build and so fun to play !
I have a question concerning the POB : What does the + workaround on your claw mean ?
It gives millions of dps in the POB and I'm wondering if I'm missing something on the dps calculation or not.

Thanks for answering !
Hi !

First thing your guide looks fantastic !

I was lucky enough to drop the saviour, having never really played melee before I was wondering if the sword will work with your build ? Don't really interested by doing a cyclone :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info