[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
It looks solid, but idk if I'd pay 10 exalts for a claw like that. 4-5 tops out of me personally, although I'm biased from my Timeless Jewel giving me innate 'onslaught on kill'. Given you can also get the 'Onslaught on Kill' chance from Abyss Jewels, I consider that mod to be more of a neat QoL thing for map clear rather than a showstopper like a T1 attack speed roll or more poison damage.

"
Karathis wrote:
with my current gear im doing enough damage in t14 maps minus bosses/conquerors but survivability is sometimes an issue and i dont know how to fix this without paying 6ex for a perfect form (im still saving up)

Before I got a 6-link PF rolling, I survived in T14-16's with judicious use of Molten Shell while clearing. Make sure you're keeping your flasks rolling between packs! Another suggestion that I cannot stress enough is don't Vaal your maps - sustain is so high this league that it really just makes it more likely for you to create some sort of super rippy map that'll rip you in half with +200% damage, crit and -MaxRes. You can even just run blue maps and be perfectly fine too - bosses and metas aren't nearly as terrifying when they're not juiced up by map mods.

i try to keep my flasks up all the time whilst using regular molten shell on cooldown, and using vms for ohshit moments. yet i still die sometimes and i cant figure out why. also even with these claws it takes a while to down t14-15 bosses and morphs
Not sure if it's been already mentioned but you can now pickup phase acro using a small ring thread of hope in the projectile damage jewel circle nearby allowing you to drop perfect form (at the cost of free AA)

It will also allow you to pickup hunter's gambit and silent steps (for 1 point)

I'm doing some shenanigans with the following so res on gear is limited. This allows me to still get phase acro while min-maxing other stats.

Last edited by xNovoxx on Jan 5, 2020, 6:38:46 PM
"
Karathis wrote:

i try to keep my flasks up all the time whilst using regular molten shell on cooldown, and using vms for ohshit moments. yet i still die sometimes and i cant figure out why. also even with these claws it takes a while to down t14-15 bosses and morphs

From glancing over your character, I'd say get a Stygian Vise with an 80+ life roll + 1-2 good resists on it and a +Life abyss gem to go with it, and *definitely* look into getting a 6-link chest that has at least some form of +Life on it. This here: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/Lge3E55Tn should help you find what you need for less than 30c tops. You could also buy a non-corrupt 6-link and throw some cheap +Life essences at it until something good-looking pops out too.

As for damage, do you/have you tried swapping in Melee PHysical Damage Support for bosses/metas over Ancestral? It makes an enormous difference since you'll get around 50% more damage.

E: I also noticed you don't have your Uber Lab done yet. Unlocking it and getting your last two points is massive because you'll no longer get gibbed by shock or murdered by ignites.
Last edited by Sandevasfootball on Jan 5, 2020, 6:58:10 PM
I'm happy to craft -8-9 mana cost of non-channelling skills for people if I'm around, just send me a message. (WatermelonDealership in game)
Last edited by Aeia on Jan 5, 2020, 7:19:28 PM
Kind of a noob question:

I understand the build is scaling poison ailment damage as priority, however since the melee skills still have heavy phys to chaos conversion, was wondering if a lower rank +15% to chaos damage over time multiplier is still stronger than slapping on a 100% phys on a claw for the 1 open prefix?

Feels very counter intuitive to me, but would love some input from the veterans in this thread. Is the chaos dmg multi a very huge difference over 100%+ increased phys dmg on claw?
Having a blast thus far,

Is Iron reflexes worth having before perfect form? Im just trying to round out my defense a bit so i can settle into a farming groove. ~5k armor feels a little low. Not confident enough in these mechanics myself to make a decision though.

Have you messed with plague bearer? It seems kind of fun but im on the fence.
Last edited by Kalantek on Jan 5, 2020, 11:12:27 PM
"
Darkeayras wrote:
Kind of a noob question:

I understand the build is scaling poison ailment damage as priority, however since the melee skills still have heavy phys to chaos conversion, was wondering if a lower rank +15% to chaos damage over time multiplier is still stronger than slapping on a 100% phys on a claw for the 1 open prefix?

Feels very counter intuitive to me, but would love some input from the veterans in this thread. Is the chaos dmg multi a very huge difference over 100%+ increased phys dmg on claw?

Chaos DoT Multiplier is always going to beat out physical damage on a claw for this build. The DoT multiplier applies to every single poison and is just an incredible bonus to making things melt. There's a reason good amulets with the mod command high price tags!

"
Kalantek wrote:
Having a blast thus far,

Is Iron reflexes worth having before perfect form? Im just trying to round out my defense a bit so i can settle into a farming groove. ~5k armor feels a little low. Not confident enough in these mechanics myself to make a decision though.

Have you messed with plague bearer? It seems kind of fun but im on the fence.

I used Iron Reflexes before PF and found it very helpful for making Molten Shell extremely potent. The key is combining it with a Jade flask of Iron Skin/Reflexes since the Molten Shell snapshots your armor when it's used.

Plague Bearer is pretty good if you can invest some links into it. 21 Plaguebearer + Empower 3/4 is great for clear, and being able to add an Increased AOE support also makes it even better.
I guess i glazed over that, even though it says "Defense is built around this flask. Get it as soon as possible!!!"

I just rolled iron skin onto my jade flask (i was running a grey one) and added iron reflexes back, and I can face tank morphs now. I grossly underestimated how much a flask suffix can do.

Thanks!
I have been having a blast with this setup, crushed pretty much all the content in the game so far with it, I have been looking at picking up my Watcher's Eye and I was looking at a dual Malevolence Watcher's that has something like:

Damaging Ailments you inflict deal Damage 10% faster while affected by Malevolence

My question is that when I plug this stat onto a Watcher's Eye in POB my dps does not increase at all, is it just a limitation of POB, or is just that it would not increase due to some mechanic of the poisons that I am missing?
So how 'Poisons deal damage faster' works is it lowers your max poison duration by X% and increases the dps by the same amount. E.g: You do 1000 poison damage over 10 seconds. With 10% faster, you now do 1000 poison damage over 9 seconds. This technically doesn't change your poison damage, but it means each poison is now more lethal and you'll cap your theroetical stacks faster. The only time that stat isn't a DPS gain is against targets who you can cap your poisons out on which is like... nothing in the game, really.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info