[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Zaapiez wrote:
Would swapping out shuddering fossil for metallic better for crafting?

Yes - if you're looking for that perfect claw craft, but it's more expensive (shuddering are about 7c/per rn, Metallic are 1c/per). The metallic helps cancel out quite a few undesirable mods for super cheap. So if you're min/maxing than Shuddering all the way. But for anyone fresh into the build and strapped for cash, just use metallic/aberrant/corroded.
Hi! First of all let me thank you for the build, I'm having a blast playing it. Definitely didn't expect it to be this much fun when I decided to try it out.

Now let me move to my question: what do you guys think I should upgrade next? The thing is I feel my single target damage is kind of lackluster. Clearing through content is a breeze, I'm just having issues with endgame bossing (i.e. Shaper, Elder, UE and Guardians/Conquerors). Is there anything I did wrong or am I just spoiled from my previous character?

Here's my gear:
Spoiler

I was personally thinking of Malevolence Watcher's Eye or upgrading my weapons, but I would love to hear other's opinion as well.

P.S. I also was finally able to make a character with Alice Cooper's Poison reference as a name, so thank you for that too. :^)
"
JeDDyCZ wrote:
Hi! First of all let me thank you for the build, I'm having a blast playing it. Definitely didn't expect it to be this much fun when I decided to try it out.

Now let me move to my question: what do you guys think I should upgrade next? The thing is I feel my single target damage is kind of lackluster. Clearing through content is a breeze, I'm just having issues with endgame bossing (i.e. Shaper, Elder, UE and Guardians/Conquerors). Is there anything I did wrong or am I just spoiled from my previous character?

Here's my gear:
Spoiler

I was personally thinking of Malevolence Watcher's Eye or upgrading my weapons, but I would love to hear other's opinion as well.

P.S. I also was finally able to make a character with Alice Cooper's Poison reference as a name, so thank you for that too. :^)

I'd say boots with faster poisons and rare amulet (elder or hunter) with flat phys and chaos damage over time multiplier (both T1 possibly). I'd leave weapons last as they're a currency sink (you need 2 hunter bases and a lot of fossils to hit those GG crafts).

If you look at my gear on the last post of the previous page you can compare a bit. I don't even have awakened gems and i did lvl8 Sirus no problem.
If single target is what you lack you might want to use viper strike when fighting endgame bosses (i'm lazy so i don't do it): it does a lot more damage vs single target, shame it's garbage tier for clearing.
In game name - VomitingRainbows - GMT +1
"
JeDDyCZ wrote:

Here's my gear:
Spoiler

For me a Huge Upgrade are Tailwind boots, our Crit Chance is Low but with the AttackRate the Tailwind Buff is always On > 280k More Dots Dps .. Optimal would be Tailwind + Poison Faster Mod.
Claws with your Stat + IAS will be also a Decent Upgrade because you can craft on Both 20% Over Time Multiplier > means Overall 40% More Dots DPS.

Other Think i dont know how you Guys handle Legion Monoliths, I Swap out the Cast when Damage Taken Setup and Use Plague Bearer with Empower level 3 and Increase Area of Effect, its Like RF i dont have to attack anything i just whirl around with the Aura and the Monolith is completly Open.

I love the Playstyle, i Love the Build and i Love Torstein for Shareing It with us.
Thanks for your replies guys, you rock!

"
For me a Huge Upgrade are Tailwind boots, our Crit Chance is Low but with the AttackRate the Tailwind Buff is always On > 280k More Dots Dps .. Optimal would be Tailwind + Poison Faster Mod.

I haven't thought of Tailwind or Faster Poison boots, seems like a really good idea, I'm just worried about capping my resistances.

"
rare amulet (elder or hunter) with flat phys and chaos damage over time multiplier (both T1 possibly)

As for the amulet, getting required stats might be a bit of bitch without that +40 to all attributes. Also Envy deals significant damage, I'm not sure if a rare amulet for a reasonable price can top that off.
Are you sure about flat phys on a amulet? Wouldn't something like +1 to all Chaos gems or flat chaos damage be better in the end?

"
Claws with your Stat + IAS will be also a Decent Upgrade because you can craft on Both 20% Over Time Multiplier > means Overall 40% More Dots DPS.

I've been trying to get such claws for some time now, but my luck has been pretty bad. I will most likely keep on doing that before moving to the Hunter influenced GG ones.

"
I Swap out the Cast when Damage Taken Setup and Use Plague Bearer with Empower level 3 and Increase Area of Effect

Yeah I swapped my CwDT link as well, since I feel like it doesn't do all that much + this Pleague Bearer setup is just op.

"
i'm lazy so i don't do it

SAME. It's also the reason why I have Tribal Fury anointed instead of something like Corruption, which would result in much more dps.
Last edited by JeDDyCZ on Jan 8, 2020, 1:56:24 PM
I run a combo of Viper Strike + Awakened Melee Splash + Strike gloves and clear maps (plus bosses/metas!) in no time at all. PS definitely melts screens way harder than VS ever will, but it's no a slouch with a bit help for clearing stuff. And honestly for single target stuff like Sirus or Conquerors or Aul, nothing will come close to the raw damage that Viper Strike puts out compared to Pestilent Strike. Doubled base poison duration is huge.
I started this build about two weeks ago, before i got my 6l perfect form the road felt pretty rough. I wasn't sure if there was something I was doing wrong, but once i could afford the perfect form it started feeling pretty good. I have tried the cobra lash & pestilent strike/viper strike & i feel that the mele versions seem much more well rounded with swapping. The only two mods I feel are a bit troubling are % armor reduction and double % extra damage as ele damage rolls.

The only disappointing thing is I have found a love for blighted maps, and fire portals just seem to crush me no matter what I do, I tried the cobra lash variant to try and ranged them but the bosses dont go down in time, it might just be my tower set-up that sucks.

Here is my gear so far:

Spoiler

I'm still working on crafting boots with onslaught & movement for faster map clear. I tried crafting a DoT neck and messed it up horribly... but i had this one on the side and decided to save the DoT neck for another day. Also could use a better belt, but im trying hard to remain chaos res capped at the moment.

Thanks for the great build! I haven't played a build this well-rounded before.
"

So I went ahead and bought a pair and I just don't know how to feel about it. I definitely don't have 100 % uptime on Tailwind as you claim, more like 20 % and that's only on bosses/metamorphs. While clearing I basically don't see the Tailwind buff at all. 7 or 8 % crit chance is just too low in my opinion.

Could you elaborate on how you sustain your Tailwind? It seems like a cool idea, but as of now I don't feel like it's worth it with it's uptime.
Last edited by JeDDyCZ on Jan 8, 2020, 8:05:09 PM
Hey dudes would it be better to self craft the claws or just buy them outright?
Hi everyone! It's my first post in the forum and my fourth character ever, so I have some questions:
1) I didn't reach endgame on any of my characters yet and not 100% sure, but seems like builds without movement skill that moves through obstacles like lightning warp, leap slam or flame dash struggle with Sirus when he creates circular mazes around him, or is it doable with whirling blades too?
2) Some people wrote that gloves with 'Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemy' are very good as well, if they are what mods would be good with it to be better than fenumus weave?
3) I've also read in one of the earlier post that you can avoid porcupine spike damage using whirling blades and I don't get how it works, could someone pls explain it in details?
My first 2 characters died in hc, 3rd was too expensive and I decided to earn some currency and bought 6l perfect form, almost perfect fenumus weave and 21/23 PS. I'm still levelling this char, but already enjoying it a lot - pestilent strike feels amazing. Also thanks, Torstein, of all 4 builds I played this one is the best, will play it next league too if it'll still be viable of course :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info