[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

I also made a mistake of buying Enlighten lvl1 T-T Didn't know it takes that much xp to level up to even lvl2, but made it 20% and now the xp bar at least started moving xd
What should I prioritize more, aspect of the spider + malevolence, aspect of the spider + HoA, or HoA + malevolence until I upgrade to Enlighten lvl3?
+ What are some options for replacing CwDT setup? I don't think I will replace it, just for consideration
Question: when crafting claws, at which stage of crafting would I add my Hunter's exalted orb?

I'm a little bit confused about it

Thanks
"
d0mmyd wrote:
Question: when crafting claws, at which stage of crafting would I add my Hunter's exalted orb?

I'm a little bit confused about it

Thanks

OK -so the important thing to realise is that an Elderlayer Exalted Orb merely adds a guaranteed influnced affix to an item, while also providing it with its appropriate influence.

So if you have an open prefix, it'll be a random "Hunter" prefix. Same with an open suffix. If you have both open, it'll be random between the two.

The answer to your question is, unfortunately, it depends: what did your claw roll, and can it snipe a good Hunter specific affix.

Tbh from my 25-30Ex of crafting Hunter claws, they really are not worth it. Faster Poisons is a pseudo damage increase that doesn't really benefit you at all; map mobs explode in one touch, and bosses live long enough that it eventually evens out.

All you want is:

-Added Chaos
-% chance for poisons to do % more
-Attack Speed (20%+)
-Chaos over time multi (this needs to be crafted, so you need an open prefix)

Anything else is just a bonus - I like getting chaos res of my claws since I can cap my chaos res with 2x 20%+.

Look at my current claws. The one of the left is what I'd consider a great claw, if only I can divine a higher chaos damage roll. The one on the right has a higher chaos damage value due to hitting the hunter added chaos damage too, but it lacks an open prefix and low attack speed. I will try and annul a prefix when I get currency for a spare back-up claw. Tbh there's nothing but trouble with using Hunter claws, as it dilutes your affix pool with nothing too great. Just go with Imperial Claws and save yourself an EX on the base (possibly more via failed crafting results).
Last edited by Archernick on Jan 9, 2020, 10:09:01 AM
With what gloves i can replace Fenumus Weave until ggg fix bug with aspect of the spider? (huge fps drops with active aspect of the spider, ggg knows about this issue)
PoB link for P.Strike removed?
"
Muscat wrote:
With what gloves i can replace Fenumus Weave until ggg fix bug with aspect of the spider? (huge fps drops with active aspect of the spider, ggg knows about this issue)

Embalmer's.
"
Embalmer's.

got it. thx! How about rare gloves with +16% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier, attack speed and poison damage? or Embalmer's still better?
"
Muscat wrote:
"
Embalmer's.

got it. thx! How about rare gloves with +16% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier, attack speed and poison damage? or Embalmer's still better?

Compare them both in PoB? No way to know for sure otherwise.
"
kendoka wrote:
Thanks for the build, it is really strong and durable once you get used to self casting molten shell.

Here's my current gear:

Spoiler

T16s feel like T1s except for bosses. Metamorphs are a facetank fest and die withing seconds. Killed lvl8 Sirus with my current gear and i'm missing a lot of optimization:

No quality on gems (only pestilent strike is 21/23, rest is lvl 19/0)
No jewels on tree (just unlocked my first jewel slot and need to buy watcher's eye)
Weapons are kinda trash, need to craft hunter bases with chaos damage, ias, faster poisons and delve mod.
Amulet needs flat phys and T1 chaos multiplier.

Only upside is that i was able to cover all my stat needs with rings and saved 2 skill points on tree to get 2 more life/evasion nodes (might respec them later if i find decent high ias+life jewels).

Thanks again for the build!

"
JeDDyCZ wrote:
Hi! First of all let me thank you for the build, I'm having a blast playing it. Definitely didn't expect it to be this much fun when I decided to try it out.

Now let me move to my question: what do you guys think I should upgrade next? The thing is I feel my single target damage is kind of lackluster. Clearing through content is a breeze, I'm just having issues with endgame bossing (i.e. Shaper, Elder, UE and Guardians/Conquerors). Is there anything I did wrong or am I just spoiled from my previous character?

Here's my gear:
Spoiler

I was personally thinking of Malevolence Watcher's Eye or upgrading my weapons, but I would love to hear other's opinion as well.

P.S. I also was finally able to make a character with Alice Cooper's Poison reference as a name, so thank you for that too. :^)

"
xxpadalin wrote:
I started this build about two weeks ago, before i got my 6l perfect form the road felt pretty rough. I wasn't sure if there was something I was doing wrong, but once i could afford the perfect form it started feeling pretty good. I have tried the cobra lash & pestilent strike/viper strike & i feel that the mele versions seem much more well rounded with swapping. The only two mods I feel are a bit troubling are % armor reduction and double % extra damage as ele damage rolls.

The only disappointing thing is I have found a love for blighted maps, and fire portals just seem to crush me no matter what I do, I tried the cobra lash variant to try and ranged them but the bosses dont go down in time, it might just be my tower set-up that sucks.

Here is my gear so far:

Spoiler

I'm still working on crafting boots with onslaught & movement for faster map clear. I tried crafting a DoT neck and messed it up horribly... but i had this one on the side and decided to save the DoT neck for another day. Also could use a better belt, but im trying hard to remain chaos res capped at the moment.

Thanks for the great build! I haven't played a build this well-rounded before.

Tyvm all for nice words and feedback! You are all doing great. I see the comments on my phone i just don't have time some days to reply.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 9, 2020, 3:31:01 PM
"
Mxrvt wrote:
Hi everyone! It's my first post in the forum and my fourth character ever, so I have some questions:
1) I didn't reach endgame on any of my characters yet and not 100% sure, but seems like builds without movement skill that moves through obstacles like lightning warp, leap slam or flame dash struggle with Sirus when he creates circular mazes around him, or is it doable with whirling blades too?
2) Some people wrote that gloves with 'Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemy' are very good as well, if they are what mods would be good with it to be better than fenumus weave?
3) I've also read in one of the earlier post that you can avoid porcupine spike damage using whirling blades and I don't get how it works, could someone pls explain it in details?
My first 2 characters died in hc, 3rd was too expensive and I decided to earn some currency and bought 6l perfect form, almost perfect fenumus weave and 21/23 PS. I'm still levelling this char, but already enjoying it a lot - pestilent strike feels amazing. Also thanks, Torstein, of all 4 builds I played this one is the best, will play it next league too if it'll still be viable of course :)

ty for the nice comment

1) yeah you can add dash or flame dash to the build

2) those gloves could be worth over fenumus

3) Pestilent Strike blows up enemies that have pestilent debuff on them, so no post death effect (Porcupine spikes) from monsters but you should be careful around Porcupines anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info