[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Doherty98 wrote:
Hey, having a LOT of issues when using Pestilent strike. The game just lags to hell whenever I use it for some reason. Viper strike is perfectly okay, pestilent strike however is not.

Anyone having similar troubles or tips to help?

Actually now that you mentioned it, yeah it does lag pretty crazy. I thought it was my wooden pc, changed to viper strike and it seems not to stutter anymore.

Last league I had the same issue but that was with Aspect of the spider causing massive frame drops.
Having a lot of fun with the build.
The usual maps are a breeze at the moment. I hope it remains like this on the yellow and red ones!

I do struggle a bit with Delirium, but my guildies too, so I suppose they are just tough.

Here my gear at level 71:

Don't know if I should buy now a Perfect form... because they are rather expensive and I don't have the money to 6-Link it... They soon will go down on price as the market gets flooded.
When I reach red maps I will report again :)
"
Precordial wrote:
"
Doherty98 wrote:
Hey, having a LOT of issues when using Pestilent strike. The game just lags to hell whenever I use it for some reason. Viper strike is perfectly okay, pestilent strike however is not.

Actually now that you mentioned it, yeah it does lag pretty crazy. I thought it was my wooden pc, changed to viper strike and it seems not to stutter anymore.

Last league I had the same issue but that was with Aspect of the spider causing massive frame drops.

Yeah it's kinda crazy how laggy that skill is. Shame because I play a lot of viper strike but never played Pestilent
"
Doherty98 wrote:

try this
Open Windows search box and find Device Manager. In there check if you have installed nVidia sound driver. If so, disable it. It makes all kinds of problems.
In PoE lower the sound channel count to low.
"
"
Doherty98 wrote:

try this
Open Windows search box and find Device Manager. In there check if you have installed nVidia sound driver. If so, disable it. It makes all kinds of problems.

I gave that a go, not had much of a difference for me personally. Thanks for the tip though!
Hi, I currently have two hornet nest, 4k life, capped resist and doing map comfortable at tier 5-6 ish. Now that i have 2 exalt lying around, what is the priority uprade to go into red tier? I am thinking either Perfect form + fusing or buy the horrendously expensive elder claw and craft. So its like... defense or offence? (I am already on 6 link and all other links done)
"
SleepyLynx89 wrote:
Hi, I currently have two hornet nest, 4k life, capped resist and doing map comfortable at tier 5-6 ish. Now that i have 2 exalt lying around, what is the priority uprade to go into red tier? I am thinking either Perfect form + fusing or buy the horrendously expensive elder claw and craft. So its like... defense or offence? (I am already on 6 link and all other links done)

Go with the Perfect Form. Prices of elder claws are probably thru the room atm since it's day 3, and price will go down.
You can scale your damage with gem levels, char levels and other gear in the mean time.
Defense will keep you alive, and from my experience in Delirium so far, Phase Acrobatics are going to be so worth.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Mar 15, 2020, 12:36:44 AM
Thank you so much for the feedback! I will do that then, nasty one shots from nowhere are not cool indeed. Linking by myself gonna suck though..... and fated connection is sooooo expensive right now.

Otherwise, the build is buttery smooth to play and the poison explosions are oh god feels so good.
"
"
Doherty98 wrote:

try this

I thought it helped me but mines as bad as ever. I dont think I can play Pestilence right now. Just too laggy. It wasn't super bad, then I hit maps and all hell broke loose.

I did update my drivers right before I started maps; maybe I'll go back a few versions and see if it gets better, because it got worse with the latest set.

I'm stuck using Cobra Lash right now, and thats not really why I made the character. I've googled about everything I can, got settings as low as they go, and turned all sound off except item filter gongs. Cause even my sound seemed laggy. Even down-scaled to 1080p. Pestilence explosions just lags; especially with the league mechanic. And with how hard it is right now, dying after I pop a portal in freeze frames just isnt worth it.

I played Blight with a friend doing blight maps and him spamming screen clutter Ice shot and had no issues at good settings 1440p.

Just something up atm. I did notice that anytime an explosion happens, my cpu/gpu will immediately go 100%; even if they are like 50. And it starts stuttering. I got a Ryzen 2600 and a 970gtx atm.

If I get bored, I'll roll back my drivers to a previous version and see. Because it was not that bad in act 10, and that place has a pretty good density.

Cobra lash works for now, but it seems overall worse to me with how fast I need to kill these mobs and keep moving.

Any other tips I might be missing? All I can think of right now is a driver rollback a few versions since the latest one 100% made stuff worse.
"
Destructodave wrote:
"
"
Doherty98 wrote:

try this

I thought it helped me but mines as bad as ever. I dont think I can play Pestilence right now. Just too laggy. It wasn't super bad, then I hit maps and all hell broke loose.

I did update my drivers right before I started maps; maybe I'll go back a few versions and see if it gets better, because it got worse with the latest set.

I'm stuck using Cobra Lash right now, and thats not really why I made the character. I've googled about everything I can, got settings as low as they go, and turned all sound off except item filter gongs. Cause even my sound seemed laggy. Even down-scaled to 1080p. Pestilence explosions just lags; especially with the league mechanic. And with how hard it is right now, dying after I pop a portal in freeze frames just isnt worth it.

I played Blight with a friend doing blight maps and him spamming screen clutter Ice shot and had no issues at good settings 1440p.

Just something up atm. I did notice that anytime an explosion happens, my cpu/gpu will immediately go 100%; even if they are like 50. And it starts stuttering. I got a Ryzen 2600 and a 970gtx atm.

If I get bored, I'll roll back my drivers to a previous version and see. Because it was not that bad in act 10, and that place has a pretty good density.

Cobra lash works for now, but it seems overall worse to me with how fast I need to kill these mobs and keep moving.

Any other tips I might be missing? All I can think of right now is a driver rollback a few versions since the latest one 100% made stuff worse.

Here's the thing, PoE is not GPU intensive game and most of the load goes on CPU. Ryzen is a beast and i got since last week Ryzen 7 2700 paired with GeForce 1050 (non Ti). Game is buttery smooth now.
I can almost guarantee that the problem is sound related (same reason why GGG wanted to change shatter sound).
All videos I recorded were on Athlon x4 from 2010.

So, what really helped me was tweaking the sound using this thread from Reddit. It went from unplayable to bearable.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ei3d1u/performance_tip_you_can_actually_reap_the_nosound/

What I did was to change original lines to these
disable_char_events=true
music_volume2=0
channel count = low
ambient_sound_volume2=0
reverb_enabled2=false

Also change your drivers to the ones you know work good, gpu or sound.

Try to see if that helps. Helped me greatly with previous pc.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Mar 15, 2020, 7:19:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info