Arctic Armour

half the normal amount of mana reserved of a similar buff and 1/3 less mana debuf is a simple fix. i kinda feel like it was an experiment in a different type of buff. yet this buff allows only one of its type to even be considered. its a step towards something other than mana reserved yet it fails to allow more of its kind to share its space beside it.

its too much of either, too good, or too bad. which makes it a failure. extremes are always faced with some form of balance but there is none here. mana reserved and added mana degen at a lesser cost to both is what u are lookin for.

i can totally see this same type of buf/debuf of some sorts popping up in the future with health reserved and mana reserved as a requirement. health reserved and mana debuf. lots of options out there u know but the balance has to be weighed.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Please let this skill stay on when moving from area to area. It is a real pain to have to recast this all the time, especially when you want to have another skill in its place on the skillbar. It'd also be nice if the ice trail was just a little wider to be a bit more consistent in actually slowing mobs chasing you.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Apr 8, 2013, 10:53:43 AM
"
Avelice wrote:
Please let this skill stay on when moving from area to area. It is a real pain to have to recast this all the time, especially when you want to have another skill in its place on the skillbar. It'd also be nice if the ice trail was just a little wider to be a bit more consistent in actually slowing mobs chasing you.

Can't you use this with other movement skills? Run perpendicular to their path and then warp as close to your destination as you can?

Or does this interact strangely with Lightning warp and shield charge types of skills.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
Last edited by Milchut on Apr 8, 2013, 7:25:58 PM
lightning warp is the exception for triggering the increased mana degen. the person you quoted is simply confused why his buff ended on zoning between areas. it is a buff not an aura is answer to his confusion.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
lightning warp is the exception for triggering the increased mana degen. the person you quoted is simply confused why his buff ended on zoning between areas. it is a buff not an aura is answer to his confusion.
Well, I was replying moreso to the "Make the trail wider" suggestion.
Last edited by Milchut on Apr 8, 2013, 7:25:45 PM
"
Avelice wrote:
Please let this skill stay on when moving from area to area.
It would use up most of your mana at loading screens. It's actually much better, from a usability perspective, for it to be recast in the new area once your client has loaded everything.

In addition, while buffs/auras can be transferred, skills-in-progress can't, and that's what's causing the ground ice - the skill you cast hangs around you and actively drops ice every few milliseconds.
I'm not confused about the difference. I was simply asking for the functionality to stay on between areas because with high regen it is manageable to do so. It's annoying to have to add arctic armour to my skillbar whenever I enter an area, cast it, then reswap my skills back. If arctic armour was only active if it was also on your skills, then I would be okay with having to recast this ability when entering a new area. Yet this skill remains active while not on your skill bar, so it seems tedious for those with high mana regen to constantly have to change their skills just to recast this spell in a new area.

That said, I can understand why the skill needs to be recast per area, though it is still somewhat of a pain.

As for my comment about the trail being wider, the only reason was so that kiting mobs can actually be more effective. I've had many situations where mobs appear to be on my trail, but aren't chilled.

EDIT: On another note, does anybody know if arctic armour works against reflect damage?
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Apr 8, 2013, 8:32:35 PM
"
Avelice wrote:
I'm not confused about the difference. I was simply asking for the functionality to stay on between areas because with high regen it is manageable to do so. It's annoying to have to add arctic armour to my skillbar whenever I enter an area, cast it, then reswap my skills back. If arctic armour was only active if it was also on your skills, then I would be okay with having to recast this ability when entering a new area. Yet this skill remains active while not on your skill bar, so it seems tedious for those with high mana regen to constantly have to change their skills just to recast this spell in a new area.

Kid lemme tell you sumthin.

Back in closed beta we didn't have these fancy pantsy "maintained auras". You had to do that with every single one of yer auras when you entered a zone. Not to mention the minions. If you had a zombie army, you'd better milk the hell out of it since those corpses weren't about to cross through that doorway into the ruins with you.

We could even maintain auras that were on a secondary weapon set! And that wasn't even intended! But damn me if we didn't all get 5L staffs with reduce mana and stack up buffs before each zone. Then switch to our actual weapons.

And that's the way we liked it.
I wish we could still use auras from weaponswap. My melee witch is out of gem slots heh. I think it would be nice to keep it cast since it basically serves as an aura, but other things need fixing more...

I swapped an amulet to get a little more resists and this brought my mana regen down to just a bit above the 165 or whatever my AA costs. I have like 250 out of 2.5K mana free and I have more mana regen than the skill draws while running, so it should never end right? Wrong.

I think this has to do with desync, so I am not even going to bother reporting the bug. I guess that sometimes while I am desynced, I am using mana from attacks, but somehow I am running too and losing that regen, so the skill ends and I don't notice it because I don't expect it to end.

This is pretty dangerous. I am doing maps or Piety runs (the ice trail owns her in speedy claw form) and I have only like 2.3K life. I need my curses and AA to live, but it just randomly stops. I need to keep my mana ratio something like 190 regen to 160 cost so it doesn't happen.

I don't have Inner Force yet because I ended up changing my mind about keeping so many auras. I know that Inner force is supposed to eventually be fixed to work with the high cost of this skill when running. I hope that you don't do this until you fix desync... I have to go to pretty extreme measures to even cover the cost at high levels already once it works with Inner Force. If I have to go even further just to stay safe because the skill unfairly turns off and wants to kill me in the heat of battle, that just isn't fair.
"
Chypre wrote:
I swapped an amulet to get a little more resists and this brought my mana regen down to just a bit above the 165 or whatever my AA costs. I have like 250 out of 2.5K mana free and I have more mana regen than the skill draws while running, so it should never end right? Wrong.

Remember there is a significant flat degen that happens regardless of what you're doing. The run cost is additional on top of that, so it's pretty difficult to sustain.

P.S. - 2.3k is definitely not enough HP for maps.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Apr 9, 2013, 12:22:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info