Arctic Armour

"
Avelice wrote:
"
Chypre wrote:
I swapped an amulet to get a little more resists and this brought my mana regen down to just a bit above the 165 or whatever my AA costs. I have like 250 out of 2.5K mana free and I have more mana regen than the skill draws while running, so it should never end right? Wrong.

Remember there is a significant flat degen that happens regardless of what you're doing. The run cost is additional on top of that, so it's pretty difficult to sustain.

P.S. - 2.3k is definitely not enough HP for maps.

Damn, somehow I missed it is additional, I guess because it wasn't a problem until now. I did just get an ilvl 79 Paua amulet, so hopefully I can roll something nice with huge, almost 100% mana regen.

I put back the other amulet I had on, which brings my listed mana regen to 191.6

Level 16 Arctic Armor is 31.7 + 158.3 while moving for a total of 190

I don't have Inner Force for 5 more levels, so I am not missing that multiplier.

I am not having the same problem as before running out of mana, but I do notice that my mana is actually dropping when I run non-stop... I see it going down to like 292/298 when it should be regen-ing right at the top the whole time I would think.

I know the game is called Path of Life Nodes, but I have actually solo'ed lvl 67 maps at level 72. By level 80 with some luck on gear I should be able to get around 3K life.

That's just the best I can do with stretching all the way from Witch to Duelist. My build before I got a respec with the tree changes went more toward Templar, but I wanted to experiment with going into the Shadow tree and down through Ranger.
thankfully inner force only works on the "always" mana degen unless they updated it. (i don't view the bug report forum to recheck)

i want to repost math... i like math.
EB:
Spoiler
witch OR templar (only change is the start and int/str/dex, which might help to start at templar) http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEC4wSzBVsHYwelCPQMfRB_ES0RUBRNKU8snC0fMYgy0TvhPAU9X0VHRtdJskyzTdhQMFJTVa5XK13GXypgbW0Zc1N5A3yDfM6Bb4IQgh6Cm4M4hX2LeouMjHaOvo-ml5WX9J2Anjyf36IApwinK7UEtoa4k8BUwfPGns362wvbXt0F3fPfsOFz4vfkIuaB6-TvfPAf8XY=

IC:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBAcFWwdjD8QRUBXXGmwd2R8CKU8svy0fNsU7fDvhPAU9X0GWQ1RG10yzT79QMFJTVmNXK1qmXcZfKmBtbRlzU3RVfM5_xoIQgpuDOIV9hq6IQot6i4yOZJeVl_SdgJ2un9-io6cIpyu1BLb6uMq71sBUwcXB88Nt14bYJNte3MfdBd3z37Dhc-L35CLmgevk7BjvfPId96Y=

1.05/60 = 0.0175 base with 150% boost (120 passives +30 amulet) = 4.375% of max mp per sec regen
lv 60 = 40 +(60 *4) = 280 base mp. plus; two rings (50), bandit (40), from int (160 or 110), passive (20); = 550 (or 500) *1.8 = 990 (or 900)
with BE, max mp is 900 + 750 *(1 +0.8[the max mp of before] +1.3[from es]) = 3225 via EB.
Spoiler
the 750 was from average of pure es and hybrid armor (225) plus mid best raw +es (155) times 2. the times 2 is from simplified mid best %es boost times quality (basically 1.2 *1.65).

so anyways...
43.3125 mp per sec healed under IC
141.09375 mp/sec healed in EB

but lv 16 clarity (lv req 59) gives +16.3 mp/sec base *2.5 (or 1+ 150% regen boost) for +40.75 mp/sec gain, or either +52.975 or +45.64 with inner force, to be honest i never used clarity with inner force so i don't know which it actually is...
so total mp regen is...
84.0625 a sec for IC
194.06875 (or 186.73375) a sec for EB
remember, game only rounds for display reasons or after everything is done. can have fractional damage/healing but can't have fractional hp or mp, DoT/HoT is constant so rounding (actually chopping off) doesn't happen unless it suddenly ends.

EB can use discipline though for flat amount more es->mp, lv 15 discipline (lv req 59) gives 163 base es. that translates to 163 *3.1 = 505.3 *1.3 = 656.89 mp i know that if applies separately for discipline, but i might be corrected. 656.89 * 0.04375 *2.5 = 71.84734375 for the + regen but the +max mp is rounded up. this is more than enough to out heal the mp damage from appropriate lv arctic armor as explained below.

arctic armor deals 31.7 and +158.3 while moving, in mp damage. as long as regen remains above the lower negative, all is good. 31.7 *1.3 = 41.21 so max mp loss while moving and IF is 199.51, discipline will enable EB users to constantly maintain AA. while IC users will have to stop moving every once in awhile to regen themselves back up, 31.7 < 84.1 < 190 thankfully doesn't take long. =p
Spoiler

I'm running this with EB, inner force, and 7 auras right now on my elemental Power Siphon shadow. As you can see from the screenshot, I have 238.7 mana regen, so I can easily sustain this at gem level 16. Right now, it consumes 199.5 mana/s while running and gives me a flat 205 damage from any incoming physical or fire hit. This skill gives me a huge amount of survivability. When I'm doing a 70 map and I pop a granite flask, I receive literally 0 damage from anything that's hitting me. Outside of maps, I don't take damage from any physical or fire sources unless it's a crit, or it's from something charging me. I plan to level this all the way up to 20, which will consume 232 mana/s and give me 272 physical and fire reduction.

Overall, I am really satisfied with this skill. It gives me a lot more survivability, especially considering that my HP pool isn't that big since I went for more damage nodes instead of HP and I'm using maligaro's and wakes.
IGN: TFY
Sorry for not reading the whole thread, but is it intended that inner force proc on the mana drain while moving ?

I guess it is, it would have been fixed but still wondering :)
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
"
Kagari wrote:
Sorry for not reading the whole thread, but is it intended that inner force proc on the mana drain while moving ?

I guess it is, it would have been fixed but still wondering :)

There's 2 separate mana degen effects: the constant degen and the degen while moving. Inner Force affects 1 of the 2 but not the other (can't remember which offhand).

It was said that this is inconsistent and unintuitive and will be looked at, but not specifically whether both would be affected or neither. Probably both.

(I think you already knew and understood the first part, just saying it to provide better context for the answer)
"
Nobake wrote:
There's 2 separate mana degen effects: the constant degen and the degen while moving. Inner Force affects 1 of the 2 but not the other (can't remember which offhand).

The constant drain is part of the Arctic Armour Buff, and is effected by Inner Force.
The additional drain is not.
Just flexing the memory muscles :P
Ok thx for the replies.

I really think i ll try to swap some gear to have way more mana and level this gem a little bit more. The more i use it, the more awesome it is to me.

Very powerfull, but very hard to maintain :)
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
It is very hard to maintain if you're running around with it up. I'm sure it's possible, but I think it would be more practical to turn it on only when you need it, or use Lightning Warp to move around since it doesn't trigger the extra cost.
this skill is super strong I like it
though maybe it's been said before, that skill cost reduction doesn't have an effect on it. which is pretty important that it's not mentioned. As I've said before many of the mechanics in this game are explained pretty vaguely.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info