Arctic Armour

"
grepman wrote:
"
oowarpigoo wrote:
BM keystone builds basicly sacrafice alot because they cant use any of the good buffs like hatred/purity/vitality/haste/determination, so i dont see why it would be such a problem to just change the degen to drain and have it work like any other skill that requires mana. id assume that would solve the problems that people are having with the IF passives too since those dont increase the reserve on buffs or change the mana cost of regular drain skills. i realise it could then be used with a BM gem but that is one of the biggest mana multipliers out there so it wouldnt just make that skill OP for anyone with a BM gem.

lvl 20 AA is probably the best defense in the game right now. using it with BM is trivial. couple it with high armor, huge hp pool (required for BM) and endurance charge/molten shell, it makes for extremely high tankiness available for a templar or marauder specializing in BM quite easily.

and in the new patch, with monsters hitting for less damage, AA will be even better.

it's kinda clear that the design of this skill doesn't really intend for you to be able to run the lvl 20 gem 24/7. not even EB users can run a level 20 easily.

im not saying i want to run a lvl 20 AA, i would use it purely for the chilled ground affects so i would be running a lvl 1 gem. i run a cyclone build so it would really help me out since id basicly be chilling everything i touch. i hope they give some love to BM users and add some more buffs that are static affect so i dont have to sacrafice 25%+ hp for any of the good buffs, which i wont do. with my current build there is basicly no way to affectively chill enemies since i cant run hatred. i understand that that skill would be pretty OP with super high hp regen but not everyone builds into a pure tank type melee, i prefer to do dmg not take it.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Could someone write all mechanics down to handle its manacost?

Are there any?

What i know so far:

- Reduced mana not working
- Which passives are working?
- Dont move/use lightning warp

Need to run it on my marauder, but still dont know how... Right know I am thinking about using lightning warp to move.
Last edited by Supp0rtguy on Jun 15, 2013, 5:08:55 AM
100% increased mana regen and below -> must have EB and good mana gear

Above 140% increased mana regen, just need great mana gear (+max mana, int and mana regen rolls).

As melee mana leech is fundamental. Best melee skill to avoid some of the movement costs is flicker strike.

Because mobs continuously kite you or due to bad pathing walk away from you, running AA as melee is very painful as you practically must overcome the MS penalty. I found that if you got about 100 to 200 mana pool left and have a short come of 20mana regen that is about the max shortcome you can have and than playing gets rather annoying. Constant flicker strike, turning Arctic Armour ON AND OFF.

Best way I found to deal with some of this stuff is to have 1 low level one for areas not tough and than 1 high level one for tough bosses. The lower lvl one works fine while moving around the high level one should suffice vs bosses.
"
Gangrel_Beast wrote:
i am a EA glass cannon templar and this skill is so perfect for me (elderict battery, inner force) , he increased my survival ability x 1000 ! around 4k - 300 mana regen per sec and no mana reservation i like that way...

i know its not for every build but i like your style to create some buff-aura keep that in the future xD
Why would you reserve nothing? You're gaining nothing by having that mana pool unless you bind it up in some auras. You'll have the regen either way, the auras will just make you MORE effective.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Question @ Mark_GGG:

Does the fire damage reduction portion of this skill reduce the damage taken from reflect when using the Discharge skill or for any fire based reflected damage for that matter?

Really curious, because that would make my life based Discharge build even more viable towards endgame.

Thanks in advance!
Guild Master of <Limit Horizon>
IGN: Atmotion
Stream: www.twitch.tv/atmotion
Last edited by Atmotion on Jun 22, 2013, 6:33:06 PM
"
Atmotion wrote:
Question @ Mark_GGG:

Does the fire damage reduction portion of this skill reduce the damage taken from reflect when using the Discharge skill or for any fire based reflected damage for that matter?

Really curious, because that would make my life based Discharge build even more viable towards endgame.

Thanks in advance!
Not currently. This may change when reflect is re-worked
What? This doesn't prevent reflect damage at all? This really kills my plan to handle massive reflect damage then, which is very disappointing. Your last post was a little ambiguous though; were you implying that the way reflect works with arctic armour might be changed in the near future?
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Jun 27, 2013, 12:49:47 PM
"
Avelice wrote:
Your last post was a little ambiguous though; were you implying that the way reflect works with arctic armour might be changed in the near future?

That and more; Reflect itself is going to change down the line, and its interaction with Arctic Armour will change as a result of that. Something else they planned to add with the rework are ways to improve Reflect damage via other mods, if memory serves.

As for the near future, well, I don't think he said anything about that. :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 27, 2013, 12:54:44 PM
Is this combo ok without any fire resistance : Chaos inoculation + AA lvl 1 + Righteous Fire
"
manaa3 wrote:
Is this combo ok without any fire resistance : Chaos inoculation + AA lvl 1 + Righteous Fire
ci + rf = no rf
aa + rf = full damage of rf
ci +aa = yay... if you have mana regen for it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info