[3.19] Dex Stacking Hollow Palm Cyclone Scion

"
we lose the western part of the tree at the marauder starting point.

To clarify, I'm not envisioning switching out Scion for Duelist, I'm envisioning swapping out the Ranger Ascendancy node that gives Raider for the Duelist Ascendancy node that gives Champion, so keeping Juggernaut and the marauder starting area, but losing some spell suppression (and not much else since the phasing and onslaught are redundant)

Here's the tree I'm working with, more or less:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.19.0/AAAABgABc1FH8kXT_AJfvTZlTWDe-ISSgFBHcw5Nkpqud-IUdWBBNZJ7FITEh3aNv31bgUFJD4TZDY3WWJzE03464RutAME_J7civrwj049gW68Mc_UYAO6EU6pYKjisRypNA4f3z4197pAelCP2vqfv_UrIQzE17zGe5FFMMklSiq-kDHvDo4qGs04qE1BN4zfUNdZXl4MuZ6B-4GCz_MXbp0p96ywwfBjbd9dM_7Gz-bHdDRUg5ebuDvTGY3BHfv6PLOnPChHV_grBi4WPCVieV5AR7HE67YLkBLH3E-8O2L0Km5pq7T9FlnuMAAcU7CCyhKfKMdtFt9PBcvMb8yxjZroaC-L7fTBe
Last edited by Dichot0my on Sep 11, 2022, 1:53:26 PM
The switch to Champion ascendancy is probably viable for a more aggressive version of this build.

On my PoB, I gain about 350k combined dps (10ish%) but not without a lot of cons :
- Losing 20 dext for 20 strength on the ascendancy tree
- No permanent Phasing meaning I'd need to use a phasing flask. Also losing the Freedom of Movement keystone effects which are nice for this build.
- Losing 10% movement speed
- Less reliable Frenzy Charge generation on boss
- 20% chance to suppress Spell Damage (which is a big deal as it would require 4-5 passive points to make up for it and stay at 100% spell suppression)

Note that depending on how you gear this build, you don't really impale as a support gem. I'm at 87% chance to impale without it and could go higher with better jewels. On my PoB, switching Fortify for Impale support is only a 60k combined dps increase.

Personally, I wouldn't trade confort, speed and survivability for a 10% dps increase as I feel the char has a fast enough map clearing as it is.
IGN : Fainting_Smile
The lost spell suppression is definitely a real cost though no argument there, but losing 20 dex is mostly an impact to your DPS, an the DPS is a net gain anyway, as you said.

what's the benefit to permanent phasing when Cyclone lets you pass through enemies whenever it's being channeled anyway? Why use a flask instead of just using the attack that is central to the build? (edit, yes you said freedom of movement, fair enough)

Also, Impale is a suggestion, something like cruelty offers directly more "more damage on hit" than fortify, and faster attack support is also a solid option.

Personally I've not seen a lot of difficulty getting frenzy charges at 5% per hit on a unique vs. 15%, but that's a fair point.

Ultimately I'm just playing around with options, but I think there's potential here.
Last edited by Dichot0my on Sep 14, 2022, 12:15:19 PM
The real question is, where's the updated pob?
Ok i have made the build and I find it extremely squishy to be honest vs projectiles. When you are hitting the mobs it seems find, but any range opponent that deals physical dmg can sometimes 1 shot with 1 projectile.
How this is solved as I dont see anyone else with such problems...?:) And i don't think Arrow Dancing is a solution, we have like 10k Phys. Max hit which seems a bit to low.
my biggest issue is dancing dervish uptime, i have to start attacking but in higher tier maps (i'm lvl 70 so anything at 70 or over) i do NO damage while I have the dervish in hand. Is there a consistent way to trigger it?
"
Judasmonk wrote:
my biggest issue is dancing dervish uptime, i have to start attacking but in higher tier maps (i'm lvl 70 so anything at 70 or over) i do NO damage while I have the dervish in hand. Is there a consistent way to trigger it?

Dancing dervish will trigger at 15 kills rampage in our case after we hit em 15 times.with cyclone it should be triggered in no time.
This is my low budget version of the build which I am using at the moment: https://pastebin.com/C2uLu6kp

I switched some points around, removed one point from mana leech (didn't seem neccessary), removed "Heart of Oak" (node is pretty meh imo), removed "Acuity" (still 100% hit chance against uber bosses according to poe, also still enough accuracy for precise technique) and instead opted for 100% spell suppress (filled out evasion wheel), "Natural Remedies", which is amazing QoL and sort of important as my shock and freeze immunity is tied to my flasks, Arakali + Abberath und a bleed flask are enough to survive / out-leech most DoTs, and "Graceful Assault", which's also amazing QoL for Onslaught uptime (10% chance on kill, as opposed to Raider assendancy and Mark on Hit + Poacher's Mark, both of which only work on rare and unique enemies. "Insatiable Killer" can be another source of onslaught if you have it on your cluster, if not I'd definitely take "Graceful Assault" over something like small passives on the life wheel).

I am also using Conqueror's Efficiency instead of Enlighten at the moment, which in total requires 4 passive points (we need some additional mana to be able to cast our mark, which costs 64 mana at the moment, 66 on lvl 20), but I have neither a cluster nor the resources to buy one at the moment so this setup works out just fine. I'm on a 5-Link, so no Rage / Berserk, and no Enlighten means I can fit in cast on death + portal. I rarely die, but when I do this is honestly a godsent xD This whole setup likely won't work on a 6-Link, so enjoy it while it lasts I guess.

With this setup I'm up to T14 maps atm, and clearing somewhat juiced league content w/o any difficulties. Damage is on the lower side, not low, but only about 1/4 of the OPs POB. But then again: The most expensive thing in my build atm is the annointed astramentis, which in hindsight I probably should've invested in a 6-Link for the highest efficiency.

Anyway, just wanted to share the low-budget "comfymaxxed" version of this build, budget is at around 2 divs total, of which 1 div was spent on the amu + annoint.

EDIT: It's been a few minutes, here's a small update: https://pastebin.com/d8KJGMZV
If I didn't spent all my chaos on this cluster I'd be respeccing one small life point for the jewel slot, but alas, I am poor. I've got 10% spell suppression from "Hit and Run", which freed up 2 points, "Smite the Weak" mostly for maxing boss damage and "Feed the Fury" is just a ok node. I also specced into "Armor and Evasion Mastery" -> 5% of Evasion as Armor, which is huge for EHP, I somehow missed that point before.
Last edited by Namraelle on Oct 22, 2022, 11:21:05 AM
Hi there!

I hope you don't mind, but I did a little fiddling with your build, to my own liking, to try to pump a little more DPS out of it.

I found the combination of Cyclone, Infused Channeling, Impale, Melee Physical Damage, Pulverize, and Brutality to net about 1.1m more damage on average.

I also added a custom piece of Body Armor to make the build a little more survivable (in terms of armor) for use with this combination, though Wildwrap obviously nets the most DPS, bringing up the physical damage reduction to 76%.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/cw77gzH0
Last edited by Nubface345 on Oct 27, 2022, 12:14:31 AM
"
Nubface345 wrote:
Hi there!

I hope you don't mind, but I did a little fiddling with your build, to my own liking, to try to pump a little more DPS out of it.

I found the combination of Cyclone, Infused Channeling, Impale, Melee Physical Damage, Pulverize, and Brutality to net about 1.1m more damage on average.

I also added a custom piece of Body Armor to make the build a little more survivable (in terms of armor) for use with this combination, though Wildwrap obviously nets the most DPS, bringing up the physical damage reduction to 76%.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/cw77gzH0

Hey, not sure if I'm being stupid but which ascendancy did you take? I assume Raider for the ranger side and berserker for maurauder? I can't see it on the PoB

edit: saw we take raider and juggernaut on original post. I'm blind.
Last edited by Forcer_Josh on Oct 28, 2022, 9:00:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info