ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
isucksomuch wrote:
How can I improve my gear with about 10 ex? I feel like I need more crit chance

bino kitchen knife
Lightning strike 20%Q too ^^

Personnaly I can't handle a weapon swap for curse...
I just have another 4 link with LS + Curse on hit + Curse + PCoC, works really fine !
Gonna change with double curse soon I have my Stone of Lazhwar corrupted good :p
"
Kirbynou wrote:
Lightning strike 20%Q too ^^

Personnaly I can't handle a weapon swap for curse...
I just have another 4 link with LS + Curse on hit + Curse + PCoC, works really fine !
Gonna change with double curse soon I have my Stone of Lazhwar corrupted good :p

curse on hit switch is a very good option to burst down bosses, i personaly dont use it because im too greedy so i use the free sockets for leveling gems xD
Bought a nice Bino's a while back and never found a good build to use it with. This caught my eye, so I've been furiously leveling up my ranger to try out this build. Leveling with Lightning Strike was fairly smooth (to my surprise) and I just hit 69!

This is all my current gear:

Spoiler

...and flasks for good measure

Other than my gloves, I'm quite happy with everything else. With only three rares to finish res capping, I didn't have a lot of selection with gloves. Hopefully I can get something better soon.

I'm doing a couple things differently on the tree, but not much. A little less damage (same crit%) and some odds and ends I needed to make things work.

For my gems, I too decided not to weapon swap. I'm running auras on both my dagger and shield, so it didn't make sense to. Tempest is tied to Blind and I've noticed this helping quite a lot. For curses, I run Cyclone/CoH/AssMark/EleWeak. With my Surgeon's Quicksilver of Adrenaline, I can whirl through a pack and curse it all up really fast. It's also great for anti-stun! I tried Lightning Strike instead of Cyclone, and I hated it (and yes, it was quality for the piece as well). The last change is that I'm running Vaal Grace. I'm not a huge Vaal Haste fan, tbh, and I feel like most people I party with run it anyways. That spell dodge cap is going to be really handy against certain phys spellcasters, though!

I'm sure I'll change things a lot as I keep leveling up through maps now, but at the moment I am super happy with the build.
"
BIGLITRO wrote:
"
isucksomuch wrote:
How can I improve my gear with about 10 ex? I feel like I need more crit chance

bino kitchen knife

Agreed, I think all your gear looks good. Maybe upgrade weapon should be your next option.
"
Yordle wrote:
Bought a nice Bino's a while back and never found a good build to use it with. This caught my eye, so I've been furiously leveling up my ranger to try out this build. Leveling with Lightning Strike was fairly smooth (to my surprise) and I just hit 69!

This is all my current gear:

Spoiler

...and flasks for good measure

Other than my gloves, I'm quite happy with everything else. With only three rares to finish res capping, I didn't have a lot of selection with gloves. Hopefully I can get something better soon.

I'm doing a couple things differently on the tree, but not much. A little less damage (same crit%) and some odds and ends I needed to make things work.

For my gems, I too decided not to weapon swap. I'm running auras on both my dagger and shield, so it didn't make sense to. Tempest is tied to Blind and I've noticed this helping quite a lot. For curses, I run Cyclone/CoH/AssMark/EleWeak. With my Surgeon's Quicksilver of Adrenaline, I can whirl through a pack and curse it all up really fast. It's also great for anti-stun! I tried Lightning Strike instead of Cyclone, and I hated it (and yes, it was quality for the piece as well). The last change is that I'm running Vaal Grace. I'm not a huge Vaal Haste fan, tbh, and I feel like most people I party with run it anyways. That spell dodge cap is going to be really handy against certain phys spellcasters, though!

I'm sure I'll change things a lot as I keep leveling up through maps now, but at the moment I am super happy with the build.

Thanks, happy you like the build. Nice rings xD.
I am not surprised a lot of people are not using weapon swap - I only use it when I need supercharged offensive curse on bosses. Hope you guys can try it sometime because it definitely helps free up slots and is much quicker for dual-curse application.
Current gear below. Last thing I want to do with this build is try and incorporate Blood Rage to take full advantage of the Atziri Acuity, it is easy to sustain on regular maps all the way to 79s, but for Uber trio I have found it difficult to sustain Blood Rage.

I always get troll posts when I show that I have upgraded to Acuity. IT IS NOT NEEDED AT ALL FOR THIS BUILD! You can look at all my hard videos and you will see I DO NOT RELY ON and DO NOT NEED instant leech from Acuity. It is just nice to have xD.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 1, 2014, 8:56:09 AM
Ehi! i've start a new char on rampage following this guide and in the past days i've tried to craft a proper dagger...since i read that crit and phys dmg have priority i use a platinum kriss as base..after i got Tyrannical alone i regaled dagger and got mid tier crit multi..now i planned to craft it with master but i've to choose between IASS and crit chance..a dagger with high phys and crit but terrible AS (1.2) would be good? or i should restart the crafting process maybe using an Ambusher base?

This is what i got atm
"
Freud88 wrote:
Ehi! i've start a new char on rampage following this guide and in the past days i've tried to craft a proper dagger...since i read that crit and phys dmg have priority i use a platinum kriss as base..after i got Tyrannical alone i regaled dagger and got mid tier crit multi..now i planned to craft it with master but i've to choose between IASS and crit chance..a dagger with high phys and crit but terrible AS (1.2) would be good? or i should restart the crafting process maybe using an Ambusher base?

This is what i got atm

I would go with IAS roll. Ambusher has higher attack speed base but lower global crit chance, you can also run into problems with mana if your attack speed is too high.

Also depends on your preference as well as gearing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info