ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

How much chromes can i expect to spend for BRRR Bor?
"
Djolonator wrote:

not very many. maybe like a stack max. since you only need 1 off color.
"
leoroids wrote:
"
Djolonator wrote:

not very many. maybe like a stack max. since you only need 1 off color.

I spent 300+...
SOME MATH FOR THIS BUILD
(please correct me if you think I made a mistake somewhere)

Offensive

1. Crit Multiplier

I reach about 700% crit multiplier = 8x damage increase.

2. Assassin's Mark

39% more extra damage to your crits = 1.4x damage multiplier. This does not factor in Curse on Hit buff to curses, or reduced curse effectiveness by bosses.

3. Elemental Resistance Reduction

~1.5x-2.9x multiplier on lightning, fire (Herald of Ash), and cold damage (Hatred) due to the -47% res from 20/20 Elemental Weakness, the range depends on if a mob has 0% (1.5x increase) or 75% (2.9x increase) lightning resistance. This does not factor in Enhance, Curse on Hit buff to curses, or reduced curse effectiveness by bosses

4. Shock

Just need 1 stack now, and you have 1.5x more damage.

In TOTAL there is about: 8 x 1.4 x 2.25 (average ele weakness multiplier) x 1.5 = 38x damage multiplier. The big increase is coming from Crit Multiplier, Elemental Weakness, and Shock. I think this is right, but someone let me know if they think my math is off.

Even without the 2.25x average elemental weakness multiplier I am at 17x damage increase. This is why if you are in a double reflect map you can die if you crit and fail to evade/dodge/block your own damage. If I have to run double reflect map (i.e. from Zana), I either take out WED gem, or just simply swap to a white dagger to lower your DPS for the map and reflect is no longer an issue.

Defensive

A. ATTACKS

Chance of Attack Hit = Chance Not Evaded x Chance Not Dodged x Chance Not Blocked

i) Regular defense: 50% evasion, 40% dodge, 70% block

Chance to Get Hit = (1-50%) x (1-40%) x (1-70%) = 9%

ii) Regular Defense with Blind: Blind reduces enemy chance to hit by 50% so it will act to increase ONLY EVASION => 75% evasion, 40% dodge, 70% block

Chance to Get Hit = (1-75%) x (1-40%) x (1-70%) = 4.5%

iii) Regular Defense with Blind + Vaal Grace: 75% evasion, 75% dodge, 70% block

Chance to Get Hit = (1-75%) x (1-75%) x (1-70%) = 1.9%

We Are Missing Effects of:

a) Increased Monster Accuracy - your evasion % tooltip is specific to monsters at your level, higher level monsters and bosses will have more accuracy and higher chance to hit

b) Enfeeble - significant decreases to enemy accuracy

c) Ondar's Guile- doubles evasion chance % vs. projectile attacks

d) Evasion Entropy - creates sequence of guaranteed evades and guaranteed evasion breaches, but over the long-run the probabilities will conform to above. Good situations: versus boss or single enemy; bad situations: groups of mobs. Evasion entropy is shared so the more mobs you fight at the same time the faster your evasion entropy will increases and the more likely you are to take a hit because once your evasion entropy passes 100 your evasion is breached, the entropy counter would then reset. You can reduce this rate of increase by using Temporal Chains.

B. SPELLS

Obviously there is no evasion against spells, so we have to rely on spell dodge and spell block, which are both RANDOM. This is important to keep in mind.

Chance of Spell Hit = Chance Not Spell Dodged x Chance Not Spell Blocked

i) Regular defense: 30% spell dodge, 75% spell block

Chance to Take Spell Damage = (1-30%) x (1-75%) = 17.5%

ii) Regular defense + max roll Atziri's Step: 46% spell dodge, 75% spell block

Chance to Take Spell Damage = (1-46%) x (1-75%) = 13.5%

iii) Regular defense + Vaal Grace: 75% spell dodge, 75% spell block

Chance to Take Spell Damage = (1-75%) x (1-75%) = 6.3%

TBU: Curse on Hit math to come.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 4, 2014, 8:15:35 AM
What are minimum requirements to run normal atziri?

I'm currently at 38k dps with hatred+HoA, without inc crit damage gem.
Around 50% crit.
Maxed resists, 74 spell block/70 block, 4k hp.

Should this be enough?

I'm afraid to run into mana problems with inc crit damage
@pipser I have 83k dps @ 56 mana per swing, 6.3 attacks per second, 4% mana leech, 15.5 mana regen/sec, and I don't run into mana problems for the fight. 38k sounds a bit low, you might let a few mobs through during her healing phase, which will prolong the fight. Your dps vs Atziri probably isn't an issue, as long as you're able to dodge her spells consistently. You might be able to get by with 2% mana leech but I always feel much better with 4%.
IGN: test_char_one
Last edited by Shabi on Oct 3, 2014, 1:34:54 PM
I can probably reach 50k with 1-2 more levels and correct gem setup.
Would adding haku's 2% mana leach to gloves instead of life leach one be enough?

I got around 8ex to improvements, probably going for a ring now.

Any suggestions on what to change to atziri?

Last edited by pipser on Oct 3, 2014, 1:56:49 PM
"
pipser wrote:
I can probably reach 50k with 1-2 more levels and correct gem setup.
Would adding haku's 2% mana leach to gloves instead of life leach one be enough?

I got around 8ex to improvements, probably going for a ring now.

Any suggestions on what to change to atziri?

I would definitely get 30% move speed boots. Move speed is pretty much required if you want to do her without a lot of deaths. If you can reroute a couple of passive points, taking Mind Drinker will help a lot. Getting 2% mana leech on your gloves as well as Mind Drinker node would pretty much eliminate your mana problems.

You didn't post your amulet. Are you using Stone of Lazhwar?
IGN: test_char_one
Thanks for the help.

Currently at 56k dps, 3% mana leech.

How important is the 30% movement speed?
I don't mind dying a few times, I just want to kill Atziri as a personal achievement.

edit: nvm, you were correct.
Died once because couldn't get out fast enough, still did it :)
Last edited by pipser on Oct 4, 2014, 12:13:22 PM
NEW VIDS!

SPECIAL PACKAGE! --> Stress Tests on Palace 78 Double Boss.
http://youtu.be/xfpH8RgW1As
Various plays vs double Palace bosses with hard mods. This is how I like to test the build to get a feel for how well it does and the weaknesses.

Will be posting separate reflect maps later to show how I play through reflect map.

Level 78 Courtyard: 6x Bosses, Temporal Chains, 86% Extra Fire Damage, Curse Immune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aLepu1bmbY

Level 77 Shrine: 2x Unique Bosses, -Max, Ele Weakness, 75% Lightning Resistance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyy0BL6k83k

Level 74 Residence: 2x Unique Bosses, -Max
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aHmlSPlXCM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info