ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
nauroa wrote:
I'm 71 on Beyond atm. playing a variation of this build.
My LS is around 20k so that's fine and all but I'm really having mana problems.
I got 3% mana leech from build and gear.

How do you sustain your mana with this build? :/

i got something like 800 mana or 700 cant remember... well the reason i can sustain my mana is because half of my mana pool is unreserved because im just running 2 auras and the big critical hits helps a lot to get mana back from leech.

thats it.
Last edited by BIGLITRO on Oct 16, 2014, 9:37:19 AM
Like biglitro mentioned you dont Reserve All your Mana Leaving you at ~200-300 mana
That should be enough do pull of a lot of crits that will replenish your mana
Hi, Is Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt with Physical variant better than Lightning variant?
"
tur_aw wrote:
Hi, Is Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt with Physical variant better than Lightning variant?

Phys is king on this build. All our damage is scaled as % of our physical - everything: lightning, cold from hatred, fire from ash, chaos from Atziri flask - are all based on our phys.

That's why I unspecced from Arcing Blows, to get more phys and crit.
Hellow people , i woud like to know what is the best/expensive gear i can get for this build , thnx in advance .
}--=<All Masters LvL 8 Your Crafting Service>=--{ ---> Pm me in game ---> All_Ends_Here
First of all great guide. The only thing about doryanis invitation heavy phys belt is that the melee physical damage wont scale into the projectiles.
From this page http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/44557/page/1 and from mark at ggg
"
Spoiler
The projectiles are not melee, and do no benefit from any melee-specific bonuses. They are dealing your weapon damage, and do benefit from bonuses to your weapon type, or categories which include your weapon.

I would still say doryanis invitation heavy phys belt is great for the build the tri resists would cost a lot in a rare belt and scaling the initial hit is very useful.
Last edited by Fhark on Oct 19, 2014, 2:32:58 PM
"
Ap0calips3 wrote:
Hellow people , i woud like to know what is the best/expensive gear i can get for this build , thnx in advance .

This is not really an expensive build, but if you want BIS/most expensive items here they are:

- Dagger: Honour Etcher
- Gloves: Atziri Acuity
- Helm: perfect legacy BofR
- Belt: phys and elemental damage
- Amulet: Stone of Lazhwar with +1 curse OR extra block corrupted mods

The rest are up to you like boots, Rathpith Globe, and rings. Aim for some phy damage or elemental damage on the rings but apart from that you don't need much. You can get Atziri Step for boots but not really necessary. Weapon swap quill rain for curse on hit which can boost your DPS A LOT - only reserved for 78+ bosses usually.

My gear is not perfect so there is room to improve, but this is what I use now:

Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 19, 2014, 11:45:36 PM
Ceryneian, thank you for posting your gear. Looks close to perfection to me!
I'm just wondering why you're not using Hatred + Herald of Ash + Herald of Ice.
Your mana should be able to support these auras (60% + 2 x 25%).
I think Herald of Ice synergises well with your cold attacks.
Or is Elemental Proliferation better?

"
lorem331 wrote:
Ceryneian, thank you for posting your gear. Looks close to perfection to me!
I'm just wondering why you're not using Hatred + Herald of Ash + Herald of Ice.
Your mana should be able to support these auras (60% + 2 x 25%).
I think Herald of Ice synergises well with your cold attacks.
Or is Elemental Proliferation better?

Yes you can if you have space. For me I prefer to have a nice mana pool available so that I have no issues with maps that have no mana regen / slower mana recovery. I think I have about 220 mana unreserved which I am very happy about xD.

You can use Herald of Ice / Herald of Thunder if you want to boost your DPS but it is not really necessary because our damage is already so high and these 2 heralds don't add much DPS to our build since this is a physical-based build. Also, you can run into mana problems as well if you reserve too much - especially if you have a high attack speed dagger.

Since Herald of Ash scales as % of our phys damage it is the best Herald to use on this build, and as you mention the elemental proliferation on Herald of Ash is also great for AOE!

So the % of physical auras are much much better for this build than the flat elemental damage.

Here is the thing with this build - because we have so much physical and because lightning is based on a % of our physical and cold is ADDED as a % of our physical (same with fire and chaos all added as % of our physical) - this is one of the few builds that can do both SHOCK AND FREEZE easily.

If you look at other physical crit builds like Reave etc. - they can freeze because they use Hatred, but they will struggle to shock bosses because they have little lightning damage.

On the other hand builds like crit Glacial Hammer can freeze because they do so much cold damage - but they cannot shock.

This is why I love Lightning Strike because it really is unique in this way. If you look at the stats of the damage by element with this build and factor in the dagger crits and shock - you can have higher cold damage than a crit glacial build xD.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 20, 2014, 9:47:08 PM
What do you huys think of herald of thunder? Is there some info about precise dmg tha lightning bolts will do? Maybe it can be usefull gem to run especially for us with weaker daggers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info