ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
xMustard wrote:
"
Freud88 wrote:
"
Freud88 wrote:
Ehi! i've start a new char on rampage following this guide and in the past days i've tried to craft a proper dagger...since i read that crit and phys dmg have priority i use a platinum kriss as base..after i got Tyrannical alone i regaled dagger and got mid tier crit multi..now i planned to craft it with master but i've to choose between IASS and crit chance..a dagger with high phys and crit but terrible AS (1.2) would be good? or i should restart the crafting process maybe using an Ambusher base?

This is what i got atm

Need some other tips! worth go multi mod and crit chance? or the lack of IAS make the weap useless?

when you 1 shot everything you don't need attack speed, lol. on dagger builds, i think attack speed is a bit overrated. 1.5 as opposed to 1.2 isn't going to make an incredible difference. its nice to get but i wouldn't aim for it. go for crit and flat dmg first and foremost

Attack speed is important because it increases the speed of the multistrike attacks that means if u dont score a critical with multistrike then u will hav a chance to try to score another much faster with more attacks speed.

Also it is important to keep bosses frozen.
I have question. I think about tour build on beyond... Isnt lightning coil is better defense option then BoR and max block? Because i have 5link coil and think about use it in this build? And why you dont use cwdt imortall call enduring gry increased duration setup? Thx for answer
"
Jarovb wrote:
I have question. I think about tour build on beyond... Isnt lightning coil is better defense option then BoR and max block? Because i have 5link coil and think about use it in this build? And why you dont use cwdt imortall call enduring gry increased duration setup? Thx for answer

using coil would mean u cant cap block and probably spellblock and u will lose blind , also phy dmg is not that bad honestly , iv done most endgame content including atziri and i can totally say phy dmg is not an issue if u know what u are doing. Spell damage still the most dangerous problem and saffel frame is not enough safe because u cant block attacks so u will take all the physical damage and other kind of damage making that shield a bad option...

Also remember this build use lightning strike instead of reave/flicker/ds/etc so phy reflect is not that dangerous.

This build lacks of hp and legacy BoR gives more hp than coil + rare helmet ( of course u can pick more hp nodes like me for example im running 4800 hp atm and i dont regret taking hp instead of throatseeker ) and u would hav to use purity of lightning to sustain coil unless u got gg res gear.
Last edited by BIGLITRO on Oct 7, 2014, 8:59:38 PM
This looks like a fantastic build. Thanks so much for sharing and taking the time to post your build and all your advice. I'm current doing a tornado/puncture bow build, but want to try this next. My question is can this build work just as well with another class like Shadow. Thanks!
"
Jarovb wrote:

as BIG said, physical dmg is a non issue for evasive builds, and the main point to maxing out block is so you can max out spell block, which you wouldn't be able to do with lightning coil/another helm.

especially with using a semi ranged skill, phys dmg, other than physical spells, is not scary in the least. even physical dmg spells will be handled via CWDT setup, allowing you to recover HP until the IC duration is out, and before you get hit again...which, the mob could be dead by then also.

lightning coil is more for the style of bow rangers as they cannot get much block/spell block, so its a wonderful mechanic for ranged, as in MoM. but MoM is more effective also since it is not limited to only physical dmg, but also applies from spell dmg - just as long as you have the mana pool/regen to sustain it and your dmg.
"
Jarovb wrote:

cuz 15% block is a big deal, we will lost huge dps if try to gather more block node and blind is important too.
i have try this build with Lightning Coil and 74% block, the result is not good tanky but low dps.
As people have said Lightning Coil and Daresso chest are not as good as BoR. Bringer has life, block, blind, and damage. It is superb for this build. You will lose all that to get LC which only helps for phys mitigation. If you play evasion melee enough you will see that spells are the most dangerous. For LC you would need to get max light res and run purity of light because you CAN get shocked wearing this chest and doing hard maps with mods like -max. As you know from this build SHOCK is extremely dangerous now as you will easily be taking 50% more damage. On top of that you will lose blind and damage and 15% block - which is A LOT of points.

Also don't forget chroming and linking cost and compare that to flexibility and ease of BoR, this build uses a lot of red and blue gems for LS.

CWDT is definitely ideal, however I would only ever use it for Uber trio so it is not efficient for me to keep CWDT on my gear all the time. Even for Uber trio I prefer to just kite when I have to, but if you want easier time you need CWDT - EC & IC setup.
So it is nice to have but not really necessary on this build if you have good mobility.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 8, 2014, 2:49:05 PM
"
TheGilliom wrote:
This looks like a fantastic build. Thanks so much for sharing and taking the time to post your build and all your advice. I'm current doing a tornado/puncture bow build, but want to try this next. My question is can this build work just as well with another class like Shadow. Thanks!

hi, if you look at tree you will see that Shadow can easily do this build but you would lose life but gain damage if you compare Ranger vs Shadow start. Ranger is the best because she also has a damage start instead of life start that i take. She has more options in that sense.
dunno why, the switch between loath and honour was different for me.. i got a 23k increase in dps with etcher than loath.

Loath bane
Spoiler

Honour Etcher
Spoiler

That said, I theory crafted a BM build for us, i ran the numbers but damn man it's a headache.
we would lose max block but gain unwavering stance, with a perfect rumi's, tempest shield and a titanium shield you would be able to get max block for tough situations and can achieve spell block as well, just wear stone of laz.

We would end up with ROUGHLY 5.3k es compared to 4.2k health, this is with non optimal gear, midroll leg shavs, rainbow, 300es helm with acc, 500es shield, barely any es on jewlery and belt.

I did a ranger start

The auras we would use are Discipline, Haste, Hatred, HoF, Temp Shield, Vitality, this puts us at about 76% life reserved, again I'm not sure if this calculation is correct, .6*.71*.66 * sum percentage of auras (?) have room for more auras for sure, fydell uses same tree with only a -4% node more than my tree and he has anger and wrath as well on top of everything else mentioned above.

Capping resistances would be a breeze.

In terms of damage, in my old tree

81% AS
337.8% +phys
80%acc + 424 acc flat
410 crit chance
146 crit multi

In the new tree i linked above, we get
184.14% AS ( I added the increase of AS from BR, BM, lvl 3 enhance and haste )
174.8% phys
314acc flat + whatever you can get on your helm (really helpful for us in terms of true crit)
625% crit chance ( I added 50% from the additional power charge )
121% crit multi

I mean of course this is straying away from the premise of the build, but I was just bored so i theorycrafted :P I like churning my brain haha. We do get a 1.65 multi on all our auras, including hatred and HoF, but I'm pretty concerned about the hit on percentage physical damage increase and the % accuracy, however we would be VERY MUCH near 95% crit without the need of curses or what not so that should be extremely nice.

So guys, any thoughts and feed back?
SPorkTots
"
B_L_3_E_D wrote:
Spoiler
dunno why, the switch between loath and honour was different for me.. i got a 23k increase in dps with etcher than loath.

Loath bane
Spoiler

Honour Etcher
Spoiler

That said, I theory crafted a BM build for us, i ran the numbers but damn man it's a headache.
we would lose max block but gain unwavering stance, with a perfect rumi's, tempest shield and a titanium shield you would be able to get max block for tough situations and can achieve spell block as well, just wear stone of laz.

We would end up with ROUGHLY 5.3k es compared to 4.2k health, this is with non optimal gear, midroll leg shavs, rainbow, 300es helm with acc, 500es shield, barely any es on jewlery and belt.

I did a ranger start

The auras we would use are Discipline, Haste, Hatred, HoF, Temp Shield, Vitality, this puts us at about 76% life reserved, again I'm not sure if this calculation is correct, .6*.71*.66 * sum percentage of auras (?) have room for more auras for sure, fydell uses same tree with only a -4% node more than my tree and he has anger and wrath as well on top of everything else mentioned above.

Capping resistances would be a breeze.

In terms of damage, in my old tree

81% AS
337.8% +phys
80%acc + 424 acc flat
410 crit chance
146 crit multi

In the new tree i linked above, we get
184.14% AS ( I added the increase of AS from BR, BM, lvl 3 enhance and haste )
174.8% phys
314acc flat + whatever you can get on your helm (really helpful for us in terms of true crit)
625% crit chance ( I added 50% from the additional power charge )
121% crit multi

I mean of course this is straying away from the premise of the build, but I was just bored so i theorycrafted :P I like churning my brain haha. We do get a 1.65 multi on all our auras, including hatred and HoF, but I'm pretty concerned about the hit on percentage physical damage increase and the % accuracy, however we would be VERY MUCH near 95% crit without the need of curses or what not so that should be extremely nice.

So guys, any thoughts and feed back?

Wow - I am not sure how Honour Etcher gave you 23K more DPS than Loath Bane. It is a little higher than Loath Bane, but should not be that huge a difference. You didn't change anything else on your gear?

The low-life BM version is pretty interesting, but that physical damage drop is just too much. I tried to make low-life/ES version of this build and the DPS comes out to about the same or lower than this build. Because of that physical damage % increases, which is so important for this build because it scales phys, light, cold, fire, then those will scale chaos from Atziri flask. So everything we do on this build depends on the phys.

Looking at the stats I think the DPS would be lower than this build. Those BM trees are really good for elemental aura builds because they do not rely on physical damage % that much. But with this build you really need the Shadow and Ranger phys damage.

That's my thought. I would love to make a CI/low-life version of this build but I doubt I would match or exceed the DPS of this build. I may have more hitpoints with higher ES, but losing blocking, blind, dodge, and Ondar's Guile would not be worth it unless I could get about 8K+ ES.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 9, 2014, 8:51:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info