ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
yongsheng11 wrote:

I think what you said is untrue due to testing. Ive done 100s of 77+ maps and spell block doesnt change anything at all. I never die.

As with Saffells. Atziri's damage is so little that you dont need to block it. Spell block is more than enough. Ive killed atziri a shitload of times from just tanking her with a saffells frame. Trio/dominus etc you dont use saffels. Its there for a switch for atziri only. The rest of the boss you can just run Crest of perandus. By running it, you will gain a lot more imo.

The reason I put spell block into the build and focused on getting max block and max spell block simultaenously was because spells were always the weakness for my character.

Maybe your DPS is very high, or you play very safe with range which is FINE - but there are a lot of people who are doing this build with average weapon and who play at melee and you need spell block to survive 77+ maps. I just tried to do Palace Dominus 78 with Daresso Courage instead of Rathpith Globe - his ghost spells can easily shred you if you are not careful

Also one important thing about this build is that I do not like the concept of trying to tank damage because that is hard to keep doing as the game gets harder and harder. I wanted this build to scale well as content got harder. If you are happy taking damage - then you are missing the whole point of this build when you say: "Atziri's damage is so little that you dont need to block it." That is fine for regular Atziri, but what if you ever wanted to try to do Uber Atziri?

Again, I am happy you have customized the build to use what you like but I still think having spell block on is more important than getting a life evasion shield.

And what exactly do you gain from using Crest of Perandus?
- You have almost the exact same HP as using Rathpith Globe
- You have a little more block (4% extra block since we are capped at 75% anyway)
- You have a little more life leech and life regen
- You have almost the same lighting resistance as Rathpith Globe

For both shields you have negligible evasion

But with Rathpith you gain extra pure 30%-40% spell block.

In my mind, losing up to 40% pure spell block to get a little life leech and life regen is simply not worth it.

If you were talking about Rathpith Shield vs. an end-game life evasion shield - they will both give you almost the same amount of life except that the end-game evasion shield can give you up to 2000 evasion. But that is not needed on this build because spells are the weakness of this build and not regular attacks. So losing up to 40% pure spell block for 2000+ evasion is not worth it when we are already using Jade, Blind, and Enfeeble.

Please keep in mind that for attacks we can rely on evasion, Ondar's Guile, Blind, Dodge, Block, Enfeeble; but for spells we can only rely on spell dodge and spell block - which are both random.

Let me know if you think I am still looking at this the wrong way, I have been playing this build for too long so sometimes I lose sight of things. If there was any way to make this build even stronger I would happily do it.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 25, 2014, 9:42:18 AM
"
azamantes wrote:
some small notes about VAAL LIGHTNING STRIKE after using it till level 91:

- you have to HIT something with it !! if you shift-click the ground it will use all the souls and do nothing

- it will shock anything so be careful what target you choose (don't use it on double reflect or something like that). if i recall also the hit can't be evaded.

- it works best on high hp targets with multiple enemies nearby

Thanks for the tips. I agree with all your points. I really wanted to like Vaal Lightning Strike but it feels clunky and useless - there is hardly ever a case I have found where it is really useful since the surrounding mobs get killed so easily. But I am still trying to make it work xD.
"
Kirbynou wrote:
Yeah I'm actually running HoA, Hatred and Tempest shield, silly look and nice buff 4%block4%spellblock !

But I saw a video on reddit with a curse on hit Herald of lightning, gonna test that, coz' I still can't handle weapon swap for cursing...

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2k253g/psa_herald_of_thunder_curse_on_hit/

Thanks for posting that is an interesting idea, let us know how it works out for you. Unfortunately I cannot use Tempest Shield because it deactivates when I weapon swap for curse.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 25, 2014, 1:42:44 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
yongsheng11 wrote:

I think what you said is untrue due to testing. Ive done 100s of 77+ maps and spell block doesnt change anything at all. I never die.

As with Saffells. Atziri's damage is so little that you dont need to block it. Spell block is more than enough. Ive killed atziri a shitload of times from just tanking her with a saffells frame. Trio/dominus etc you dont use saffels. Its there for a switch for atziri only. The rest of the boss you can just run Crest of perandus. By running it, you will gain a lot more imo.

The reason I put spell block into the build and focused on getting max block and max spell block simultaenously was because spells were always the weakness for my character.

Maybe your DPS is very high, or you play very safe with range which is FINE - but there are a lot of people who are doing this build with average weapon and who play at melee and you need spell block to survive 77+ maps. I just tried to do Palace Dominus 78 with Daresso Courage instead of Rathpith Globe - his ghost spells can easily shred you if you are not careful

Also one important thing about this build is that I do not like the concept of trying to tank damage because that is hard to keep doing as the game gets harder and harder. I wanted this build to scale well as content got harder. If you are happy taking damage - then you are missing the whole point of this build when you say: "Atziri's damage is so little that you dont need to block it." That is fine for regular Atziri, but what if you ever wanted to try to do Uber Atziri?

Again, I am happy you have customized the build to use what you like but I still think having spell block on is more important than getting a life evasion shield.

- You have a little more block (4% extra block since we are capped at 75% anyway)

In my mind, losing up to 40% pure spell block to get a little life leech and life regen is simply not worth it.

If you were talking about Rathpith Shield vs. an end-game life evasion shield - they will both give you almost the same amount of life except that the end-game evasion shield can give you up to 2000 evasion. But that is not needed on this build because spells are the weakness of this build and not regular attacks. So losing up to 40% pure spell block for 2000+ evasion is not worth it when we are already using Jade, Blind, and Enfeeble.

Please keep in mind that for attacks we can rely on evasion, Ondar's Guile, Blind, Dodge, Block, Enfeeble; but for spells we can only rely on spell dodge and spell block - which are both random.

Let me know if you think I am still looking at this the wrong way, I have been playing this build for too long so sometimes I lose sight of things. If there was any way to make this build even stronger I would happily do it.

Well no, you can't calculate like that. You need to calculate it as 10% more block, not 4%. You can remove block from the tree and add it into dps. So 10% block is around 4 points. each point for me is roughly 3k dps.

So its whther you want 37% spell block or life leech + 12k more dps. But since personally spells has NEVER been a problem for me, i chose lifeleech + 12k more dps roughly.
Ign: Kiaraa, Kionn , Nalaa
Kiaraa Cyclone (2.0): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1330927
Kionn Wander (1.2): http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1037723 (OUTDATED)

Shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1315055
"
yongsheng11 wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
yongsheng11 wrote:

Well no, you can't calculate like that. You need to calculate it as 10% more block, not 4%. You can remove block from the tree and add it into dps. So 10% block is around 4 points. each point for me is roughly 3k dps.

So its whther you want 37% spell block or life leech + 12k more dps. But since personally spells has NEVER been a problem for me, i chose lifeleech + 12k more dps roughly.

Imo if your dps is 150k+ sacrificing max spell block for 12k dps seems like a waste to me because the damage difference wont be noticed.

just my personal opinion...
Hi, thx for awesome build!
Im curious about which piece of gear is more required: legacy BoR (i have non-legacy one) or ~320 pDps dagger. Have only 10 exalts, so OR legacy BoR OR dagger =(
Thx!
"
jacynthe wrote:
Im curious about which piece of gear is more required: legacy BoR (i have non-legacy one) or ~320 pDps dagger. Have only 10 exalts, so OR legacy BoR OR dagger =(
Thx!

Dagger
so, i respec'd my ranger to this build and this is what i'm using now

I'll be changing the faster casting with herald of Thunder with curse on hit.

the damage is good and survivability too so far, you think i should go for Atziri ?
"
BIGLITRO wrote:
"
jacynthe wrote:
Thx!

Dagger

Yes get the dagger, difference between legacy BoR and regular BoR is not that big a deal, and you can always use a good dagger for many different builds.
"
VomBa wrote:
so, i respec'd my ranger to this build and this is what i'm using now

I'll be changing the faster casting with herald of Thunder with curse on hit.

the damage is good and survivability too so far, you think i should go for Atziri ?

Yes. What DPS # are you hitting and what is your level? Atziri should be fine. One extra tip for Atziri/Uber Atziri is to save your Jade flasks for the split phase since that is when you need evasion the most, focus the spear thrower so you can get Blind on her.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 28, 2014, 8:34:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info