ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

acuity nerfed. there was barely any point in doing uber before and now it's even more useless.

the whole point of std was to be able to do quirky shit, now they just destroyed 95% of the builds that the older player base uses just because a bunch of noobs saw some 400 exalt build, played til level 30 and decided it was impossible to get there and started to cry. then all the other nubs just jumped on the bandwagon. fuck this stupid ass game, every game eventually starts to shift and balance based on the newer players while majorly fucking over the vets.
SPorkTots
"
B_L_3_E_D wrote:
acuity nerfed. there was barely any point in doing uber before and now it's even more useless.

the whole point of std was to be able to do quirky shit, now they just destroyed 95% of the builds that the older player base uses just because a bunch of noobs saw some 400 exalt build, played til level 30 and decided it was impossible to get there and started to cry. then all the other nubs just jumped on the bandwagon. fuck this stupid ass game, every game eventually starts to shift and balance based on the newer players while majorly fucking over the vets.

When I was reading the patch notes I could not believe my eyes - just some insane changes focused for PVP that hardly anyone cares about. And so many builds destroyed.

I'll take a look at the new uniques when they come out and see if anything is interesting to use, but to be honest I don't think I'll be coming back to PoE.
"
B_L_3_E_D wrote:

qft
"
Ceryneian wrote:
When I was reading the patch notes I could not believe my eyes - just some insane changes focused for PVP that hardly anyone cares about. And so many builds destroyed.

I don't carea about PVP and i don't want to abandon this build or equipement , i love it too much and i want to please ask u if u have time after 1.3 patch to post a new skill tree that i want to fallow till lvl 100 . thnx very much
}--=<All Masters LvL 8 Your Crafting Service>=--{ ---> Pm me in game ---> All_Ends_Here
QUICK UPDATE

Current Tree:

You can run this build as I described in the previous page where I removed all block nodes and removed all dodge. So looks like we are back in business.

1. BLOCK

Using the same items I had before (legacy): - we can hit 40% regular block and 44% spell block, with Rumi's flask we can max out at 75% block 75% spell block
Bringer of Rain: 15% block
Rathpith: 25% block
Rumi's: need at least 30% Rumi's flask if you want to get to max block (legacy Rumi's can roll up to 40% block)

With your max block you can easily get 75% spell block with Stone of Lazhwar + Rathpith Globe, you don't even need the spell block from Rumi's flask

New items (NON-LEGACY): - we can hit 31% regular block and 34% spell block, with Rumi's flask we can max out at 61% block and 75% spell block, which is pretty good
Bringer of Rain: 6% block
Rathpith: still 25% block
Rumi's: max roll of the flask (non-legacy) is now 30%

So you can hit 61% block. With say 50%+ Rathpith + 50% lazhwar + some spell block on Rumi's -> you can still get to max spell block easily.

2. CRIT DAMAGE
Crit damage gem nerf was VERY PAINFUL. But on this new tree we can grab more damage because we freed up a lot of points.

I now hit 210K regular DPS in fights with Atziri flask. With 3 PCs + Atziri flask I hit 247K - I was able to hit 250K before fully buffed on old tree so we are in the same spot DPS-wise.

What does this mean?
- Build is more flexible by being able to buff your block with flask when you need
- We have lower permament block %s - so it would be wise to start using more RANGED-mode on Lightning Strike for regular play so you only have to use Rumi's when you really need to. If you are having a lot of trouble you may need to carry 2 Rumi's instead of one
- We can still hit max spell block easily with non-legacy items, if you have legacy Rumi's you can also hit close to max block as well
- We freed up a lot of points from the dropping block nodes and dodge nodes
- With these points we were able to increase our damage enough to compensate for all the crit damage nerf. So our DPS remains about the same
- Compared to the meta - I think this build may actually have improved compared to global PoE because we retain the same DPS despite the crit nerfs and we can still reach max blocks when we need to. We still have blind . We have Vaal Dodge.

I expect this build to be able to do all the content in the game same as before but it just became more expensive because of the legacy items.

EDIT: Updated tree

Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 12, 2014, 9:54:12 PM
Agree 100%! This build is far from dead. Admittedly I've only run a couple of maps, I've had absolutely no issues despite purposely choosing some of the more difficult mods.

Below is a link to my skill tree. I decided to take a slightly different approach and run Molten Strike with Point Blank. I find the single target DPS a bit higher and, with herald of ash, AOE is not much of a problem.

Finally, I decided to go with a Curse on Hit + Herald of Thunder + Enfeeble + Assassin's Mark setup to compensate for the nerf to block and avoid having to manually cast enfeeble all the time. So far, so good.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4FtQceCC4Kmw5IEZYUdRa_GYoZjhqPIuoj9iSdJP0mlSoLLOEwfDIBNj04ljqzRwZJUUp9TZJRR1VLVuhW9Vb6W69d8l5FYeJh62JaYqxjQ2egbIxtbHBScFZw1XjrfXV9438rgOGHdonTjAuMNo19jb-OipAbkvOVLpfQmhObJpuNm7Wdqp-Co4qkwqZ_pzSsZrGzshm1SLcXuT65fM3qz3rTftaK2HbbbtvU3Q3gleJe44Tjn-cK51TndOjW6xTssO1B7YPuDu968NXy4fPq9tr2_Prr-wn8xf66_94=

"
Ceryneian wrote:
QUICK UPDATE

Current Tree:

- You can run this build as I described in the previous page where I removed all block nodes and removed all dodge.

1. BLOCK

Using the same items I had before (legacy): - we can hit 40% regular block and 44% spell block, with Rumi's flask we can max out at 75% block 75% spell block
Bringer of Rain: 15% block
Rathpith: 25% block
Rumi's: need at least 30% Rumi's flask if you want to get to max block (legacy Rumi's can roll up to 40% block)

With your max block you can easily get 75% spell block with Stone of Lazhwar + Rathpith Globe, you don't even need the spell block from Rumi's flask

New items (NON-LEGACY): - we can hit 31% regular block and 34% spell block, with Rumi's flask we can max out at 61% block and 75% spell block, which is pretty good
Bringer of Rain: 6% block
Rathpith: still 25% block
Rumi's: max roll of the flask (non-legacy) is now 30%

So you can hit 61% block. With say 50%+ Rathpith + 50% lazhwar + some spell block on Rumi's -> you can still get to max spell block easily.

2. CRIT DAMAGE
Crit damage gem nerf was VERY PAINFUL. But on this new tree we can grab more damage because we freed up a lot of points.

I now hit 210K regular DPS in fights with Atziri flask. With 3 PCs + Atziri flask I hit 247K - I was able to hit 250K before fully buffed on old tree so we are in the same spot DPS-wise.

What does this mean?
- Build is more flexible by being able to buff your block with flask when you need
- We have lower permament block %s - so it would be wise to start using more RANGED-mode on Lightning Strike for regular play so you only have to use Rumi's when you really need to. If you are having a lot of trouble you may need to carry 2 Rumi's instead of one
- We can still hit max spell block easily with non-legacy items, if you have legacy Rumi's you can also hit close to max block as well
- We freed up a lot of points from the dropping block nodes and dodge nodes
- With these points we were able to increase our damage enough to compensate for all the crit damage nerf. So our DPS remains about the same
- Compared to the meta - I think this build may actually have improved compared to global PoE because we retain the same DPS despite the crit nerfs and we can still reach max blocks when we need to. We still have blind as well.

I expect this build to be able to do all the content in the game same as before but it just became more expensive because of the legacy items.

EDIT: Updated tree

yes i noticed even with my melee build my dps stayed the same regardless of the crit dmg nerf, which is interesting. it seems the crit dmg nerf (they way they reworked the shield passives) basically just nerfed out ranged characters. my bow ranger lost a LOT of listed DPS because of it, but melee stayed almost exactly the same
Quick vid of using Reckoning level 1 on Precinct map. Think this is the best reactive gem to use on this build.

http://youtu.be/W7fsYMvSlMo

Quality adds AOE. Scales with base damage. Gains more % extra base damage % per level and at level 5 does 78% base damage.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 12, 2014, 10:46:22 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
yes i noticed even with my melee build my dps stayed the same regardless of the crit dmg nerf, which is interesting. it seems the crit dmg nerf (they way they reworked the shield passives) basically just nerfed out ranged characters. my bow ranger lost a LOT of listed DPS because of it, but melee stayed almost exactly the same

Yes, interesting change.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Quick vid of using Reckoning level 1 on Precinct map. Think this is the best reactive gem to use on this build.

http://youtu.be/W7fsYMvSlMo

Quality adds AOE. Scales with base damage. Gains more % extra base damage % per level and at level 5 does 78% base damage.

lol...ok...so yes i know its low level, but damn that seems like a piece of shit. let me clarify actually, it seems like a POS for normal dps builds that use block, instead of builds based around block that have low damage.
but as you say, its based on base dmg, so if you don't have a mirrored super high dmg weapon then its going to suck even more, which would be your scenario if you're a full out tank block build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info