ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 14, 2014, 6:07:51 PM
Kill All, Help Oak, kill all.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Kill All, Help Oak, kill all.

Thank you
What is the difference between Reckoning and Reposte?
One for the shield and the other for dual wielding ?

Cause i can cast Reposte with a shield too Oo'
But this cast less frequently and does more damage
"
Zhaolin wrote:
What is the difference between Reckoning and Reposte?
One for the shield and the other for dual wielding ?

Cause i can cast Reposte with a shield too Oo'
But this cast less frequently and does more damage

They seem to have different utility:

Riposte: This is higher damage but single target skill designed for dual-wield but yes it works with 1H+shield. As you said it seems to have longer cooldown than Reckoning

Reckoning: this is more AOE and uses % of your base damage, at level 17 it does 102% of your base damage. What I love about Reckoning is that it has great AOE and range - so if I get in trouble / stunned - Reckoning can proc several times and crit and freeze enemies which gives me some safety.

Overall I would recommend Reckoning but feel free to try Riposte to see if you like it better.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 15, 2014, 11:11:36 PM
Special thanks to 2luck who found a way to save us 1 point on the tree! See updated tree below where we go sideways to the left after passing Acro instead of going straight up.

Updated Tree:

I am now debating what to do with this 1 point. If you count the 5 physical nodes I took by Shadow then this is 6 points in total that we can play with and try different things:

- 5 points for Shadow phys damage and then maybe the 1 extra point somewhere else like the Ranger 20% accuracy node by start
or
- 3 points in Arcing Blows + 3 points in Forces of Nature
or
- 4 points into Bloodletting cluster + 2 points somewhere else
or
- 3 points into Depth Perception cluster + 3 points somewhere else

As you can see there are many different combinations we can try. I plan to do some tests to see which would be best because they each have certain advantages.

I've been testing the Bloodletting cluster to see if the "20% increased attack damage against Bleeding enemies" is worthwhile. With a 6% chance for melee attacks to cause bleed from the node before Bloodletting - we can expect to be able to bleed an enemy within 2 seconds of the fight:

My current attack speed is 9.6 APS => it will take ~2 seconds (or 19.2 attacks) to proc at least 1 attack with bleed since 6% x 19.2 attacks over 2 seconds = 1.2 attacks with bleed
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 15, 2014, 11:13:38 PM
NEW VID!:

Level 78 Palace Map: 2x God's Chosen Compilation
Shows various double boss Palace boss fights. Harder to kite double bosses because they are constantly alternating skills. But you can see I use whirling blades to avoid some damage here and there. This is now a dangerous fight but it encourages smarter use of Whirling Blades, positioning, and flask usage since I only take 1 Rumi's flask. Maps include:

2x Dominus, 30% Extra Life
2x Dominus, Vulnerabilty
2x Dominus, -15% Max, 99% Extra Fire Damage
2x Dominus, +30% Damage, +25% Attack Speed, +31% Extra Life
So I ran some testing on getting different nodes with the 6 points:

- Arcing Blows + Forces of Nature - looks like this provides the least DPS increase because it does not scale our Herald of Ash nor does it double buff our elemental when we use Atziri flask
- Getting the 5 Shadow phys nodes by the start remains the strongest option and it will give you the hardest PER HIT damage for phys and cold

BUT
- Getting an extra POWER CHARGE provides a huge boost to DPS because of the higher crit chance, and if you combine this with Depth Perception and remove some Shadow phys nodes you get the highest possible DPS I have found on this build so far: 263K

- If you really don't use Power Charges - recommend you get 2 Shadow phys + Depth Perception cluster + Ranger accuracy node right at the Ranger start after the attack speed node

However, I must say that I am really liking the Reckoning + Power Charge set-up - it works extremely well with evasion because when I get swarmed by lots of mobs my Reckoning starts going crazy and your DPS gets a massive boost.

Also similar situation is when I try and tank Dominus ghosts - I pop Rumi's flasks for max spell block and my damage jumps as I gain power charges.

Anyway, here are all the different scenarios I ran: the first section is without power charges up, the 2nd section has the power charges up during testing as noted.

All screenshots were with Hatred + Herald of Ash + Atziri Flask, and involved trying different scenarios for the 6 points:

http://i.imgur.com/K7cIMls.png (when you open the image - you can click anywhere on the picture to zoom in)

As you can see from the various screenshots - there is a tradeoff between getting harder damage on each hit vs. getting more crit chance. More crit chance will get you the higher DPS. So it is up to you if you want to a) hit hard but crit slightly less reliably, or b) hit slightly less hard but crit more reliably.

I am chosing to crit more reliably so I will be going for the 2x Shadow phys + Depth Perception + extra Power Charge

Also - special note again about Atziri Flask -> this is a superb flask that really fits this build because it double-buffs your elemental damage since it will buff your phys (some of which converts to elemental) and then it will buff your elemental again!

EDIT: I might actually take off the two remaining Shadow phys nodes - put 1 into the Accuracy at Ranger start, and then use the other spare point to get Alira reward for Merciless so you can run with 5 Power Charges - which helps a lot - especially on Atziri runs where there are a lot of mobs.

EDIT: Updated screenshot to show with 5 power charges. This is the current tree I am running - I took off some mana and got increased power charge duration, then specc'd into Coldhearted Calculation for some melee damage and mana regen:

Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 16, 2014, 11:05:57 PM
do you mind reposting your equipment? thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info