ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Shidaw wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Shidaw wrote:
Thanks for the build ceryneian level 72 and loving it so far! A really big issue for me right now is I can't regen/leech enough mana to spam LS without acuity. Is there any way to make adjustments to sustain mana until I can afford an acuity? Right now I'm running clarity in slot instead of ele prolif. Thanks

You can have mana problems if your dagger is too high APS. What you could do is take mana potion that has recharge on crit, alternatively you can change gems. Maybe take out WED or Inc Crit Damage and use Additional Accuracy. AA is very good gem to use to keep DPS but lower mana use. Also you could increase mana pool size so you can leech more. If you still have trouble you may need to drop Herald of Ash

Thanks for the advice! Works amazingly still with additional accuracy. What are your thoughts on running a HoT + CoH + Reduced Mana + Assassin's Mark to build/maintain power charges? I'm running this build on torment and it's just really difficult to consistently get reckoning block power charges. At any time I can at the moment only sustain about 1 or 2 charges.

EDIT: I've just been testing a CWDT setup with CWDT + Assassin's Mark + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call and it seems to be helping a lot with mitigating the burst damage that doesn't get blocked. The main drawback is also that it doesn't seem to be extremely reliable in maintaining power charges. Thoughts? thanks :)

You want to run HoT + CoH set up along with HoA and Hatred? I don't think you'd have the mana pool to keep that. Unless you got the taste of hate and substituted that for Hatred and ran both HoA and HoT combos.
"
hkbutubaman wrote:

Hello, Ceryneian

Sorry for asking some basic question. Where does the "40% dodge" & "30% spell dodge" comes from?

Is that from skills tree but not taking in 1.3 recent build?

Hi is that from the axe build? That is outdated. I have not yet updated some of the notes. We no longer take Acro/Phase Acro in the Lightning Strike dagger build or the Double Strike axe build.
"
Asag wrote:
Ofmg Tabula Rasa just dropped for me, leveling will be so awesome now, 6l since lvl 20 hahaha.

Grats! xD
"
Shidaw wrote:

Thanks for the advice! Works amazingly still with additional accuracy. What are your thoughts on running a HoT + CoH + Reduced Mana + Assassin's Mark to build/maintain power charges? I'm running this build on torment and it's just really difficult to consistently get reckoning block power charges. At any time I can at the moment only sustain about 1 or 2 charges.

EDIT: I've just been testing a CWDT setup with CWDT + Assassin's Mark + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call and it seems to be helping a lot with mitigating the burst damage that doesn't get blocked. The main drawback is also that it doesn't seem to be extremely reliable in maintaining power charges. Thoughts? thanks :)

Yes a lot of people were using HOT + COH with this build if they did not want to use weapon swap for curses. It is a good setup to use if you have the mana use. You may need to play more melee and less range because using ranged mode gives less mana leech usually.

So about the Power version - I had designed this to scale: if you are in a difficult map where you are a) not killing mobs quickly, b) having to block a lot, or c) both - then your DPS will rise accordingly as you generate power charges - helping you FREEZE and SHOCK more. If you are killing content too quickly and freezing mobs so that they can't hit you - then you don't need any extra DPS, and so you will not generate power charges.

It also depends on your block chance as well, so I would only recommend using the Power Version if you can get close to max blocks.

As reference for me anything below level 77 map I do not expect to generate power charges on mobs - maybe 1 at times, at the bosses maybe I get to 2 at most. This is FINE because the amount of power charges you generate is proportional to the danger of the content for YOU. If someone had a lower damage dagger and took more time to clear mobs then they will get more power charges on these kinds of maps. I only get to 3-5 Power Charges on Palace / Courtyard / Vaal Temple. Atziri map is where I can generate 5 Power Charges consistently because you will be blocking A TON.

However, if you want more power charges you can:
- Use Assassin's Mark as you point out
- Add Riposte / Vengeance to your Reckoning + PCOC setup so you can get more chance to crit (you will have to fight in more melee due to Riposte and Vengeance having low range)
- Try to upgrade dagger to higher crit chance - crit chance of dagger will affect crit chance of Reckoning and the other trigger gems
- OR you can simply take out Inc. Crit Damage gem in LStrike link and put in PCOC
- Alternatively you can also put PCOC to your Whirling Blades which can help generate power charges as you move around.

CWDT like that setup is very good. I don't use CWDT often because I have found it doesn't really work well with this kind of build and my gameplay - I usually use movement to avoid damage and I try not to facetank too much unless I know I can perma-freeze/take little damage, however if you do a lot of maps like Dungeon or Academy - then CWDT with IC helps a lot with those bosses.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 7, 2015, 8:46:56 AM
"
dxEmpathyxb wrote:

You want to run HoT + CoH set up along with HoA and Hatred? I don't think you'd have the mana pool to keep that. Unless you got the taste of hate and substituted that for Hatred and ran both HoA and HoT combos.

Yes that's right. I will be testing dropping Hatred and running Grace / Haste instead.
Thanks Ceryneian,

I have check the Affix,

this one originally have

prefix

suffix

prefix,

and there's one prefix add on it,

Can this one have multiple craft mode? (add one more suffix)

Just make sure I wont make any mistake on crafting it ,wanna go for a higher dps.

Last edited by hkbutubaman on Jan 7, 2015, 10:30:34 AM
What are your resists like for this build without a chest piece?
You'll get all your resist from your rings, belt, and gloves. Currently, mine are 75/75/61. I know my fire and cold resist are over the capped, but it's pretty doable to achieve capped resist. I personally can't use a stone yet so Im waiting to get better equipment.
Has anyone got the Depth Perception cluster? 40% crit chance and additional accuracy. Wouldn't that be a good cluster to go for after throatseeker?
Anyone playing this build in the new leagues? If so, how are you doing with the non legacy BoR?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info