ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

hey guys have a prob with mana lech can you help me ??

"
Lion1 wrote:
hey guys have a prob with mana lech can you help me ??

try to get the Spirit Void node (mana leech) near Ondar's Guile. It's very useful
in addition to Mind Drinker in the Shadow Area.
ty :)
Been theorycrafting some upgrades to this build.

I've made a flask version of the build with more life, more mana, and then much higher DPS and survivability from flasks.

The tree is below, it gets several flask nodes, I also got life nodes by Witch so it ends up wtih 163% life vs 120% life in original version. Since it goes up by Witch you also get a lot of INT, which I know this build struggles with.

You will have a little lower standing DPS with this version than the original, but once you use Atziri Flask or Taste of Hate, you will get much higher DPS and survivability than the original build because all your flasks are being buffed by 30%.

Also add in Conqueror's Potentcy, easy jewel to get as quest reward. Now flasks are buffed by 38%.

If you had a Rumi's giving you 40% block before, you will now get 55%. Your spell block will also be substantially increased.

With Taste of Hate, the amount of phys damage taken converted to cold will increased from 30% to 41%, similarily you will have 41% phys damage added as cold, you will also have +14% max cold res instead of +10%.

Leech % from Atziri flask will also be increased by 38%.

If you use a Jade flask it will increase the +3000 EV by 38%, as well as the +X% inc. evasion rating mode by 38% as well.

Quicksilvers the same thing. Life flask and mana flasks will also be buffed - giving you 38% more life and mana.

Your flasks will also last 30% longer.

I dropped Vaal Pact because I feel it will not help you much against bosses anyway, and your flasks will be better (much more life, last longer, recharge a bit quicker). Even for Atziri in 1.3 my Acuities did not really help much unless I used a Life Leech gem so I've always relied on flasks.

Frenzy charges have also been dropped because I am now realizing it will be hard to even sustain the Frenzy charges with Blood Rage, especially against bosses.

FLASK VERSION TREE:

If you even more damage you can take off the Heart & Soul cluster by Witch (life&mana) and put into Shadow phys damage nodes.

The 2nd jewel slot can be used for good rare jewel, or jewel to buff Vaal Double Strike.

You still have well over 100% pierce with q.LS and q.PW.

EDIT: I think for even more defense -> instead of having Frost Wall on CWDT, have Frost Wall set-up on a spell totem so that it can continuously cast Frost Walls for you. With this set-up though you will want to have close to 100% permanent pierce without q.PW -> in that case you will need q.LS + 40% pierce from tree + Poacher's Aim jewel = 95% permanent pierce chance without curse.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jul 26, 2015, 12:43:56 PM
Ty for this flask version. Using it.
"
BGonzo wrote:
Ty for this flask version. Using it.

Thanks let me know how you like it vs. the original. I thought about going to Duelist area (you can get to 161% life) and grabbing the projectile nodes, but the flask nodes are just too good and offer much greater bonus for defense and offense.

Given we already use flasks so much this I think this is the stronger version.

BTW - I really like how you link Blind to Vaal Double Strike - that's a great idea for the projectile version.

EDIT:
Another option to get easy 100% pierce is use q.LS + Lioneye's Vision chest.

You will also get some nice mana leech. The pierce is a free gem so it is basically a 7L chest, and with q.LS you will have permanent 100% pierce without any curses or nodes needed.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jul 28, 2015, 3:29:43 PM
I got all excited about the lioneye's chest, bought one, then realized i'm 40 strength short lol
"
Ceryneian wrote:

EDIT: I think for even more defense -> instead of having Frost Wall on CWDT, have Frost Wall set-up on a spell totem so that it can continuously cast Frost Walls for you. With this set-up though you will want to have close to 100% permanent pierce without q.PW -> in that case you will need q.LS + 40% pierce from tree + Poacher's Aim jewel = 95% permanent pierce chance without curse.

that sounds good.. but i just realized one thing..frost wall now needs power charges to bypass the cooldown..what does this mean ?

the totem will cast the spell..then wait 5 seconds.. then cast again ?

seems not reliable at all..
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
Wow that sucks. Looks like you can use it 3 times but there is a 5s cooldown - so will not work well on totem.
"
azamantes wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:

that sounds good.. but i just realized one thing..frost wall now needs power charges to bypass the cooldown..what does this mean ?

the totem will cast the spell..then wait 5 seconds.. then cast again ?

seems not reliable at all..

high level Temporal Chain curse (w/ inc. AOE) can also be very effective if you really want to be defensive when using the Projectile version. You can cast it, and reposition all you want. Circle around them if you want to. Most melee mobs won't reach you, and ranged mobs also become less dangerous because of slower attack speed.

It provides more survivability compared to Projectile Weakness since the latter's knockback is not
100% chance. It doesn't provide additional clear speed (dps), but considering that this is a
crit-dagger build and all the passive nodes allocated for offense in the skill tree, it already kills very fast

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info