ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
azamantes wrote:
Thank you for the reply Cery!

I used an ranger tree and modified it a little. It has less projectile damage, less physical damage with one handed weapons, less % life but more accuracy, more critical strike chance and higher movement speed (which I think is very important for this type of build).

What do you think about this scion starting tree ?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAOygDlm49YEO-gIMJb57KSl-wm7XDOoTFIuro1i1VBbXp_sLsjb8FfbTFUUdirNvn51QwfGyMRwYk_Y19narYdv_eI_Y2Pbk-VvVNkqOK62OsZttu7g6xs7VIES8s4ZfQ_MV4rhut1EJ9446KeOu3Fw2NPeKUuIRvCpuA4Vuvh3ZI7nsUdf3iXk4qZ6Djn9N-Fr84lkz_Sn0AXiSdfXUmlUMx1lgZjmJa_rph4trBjX7gn1VLdO23tgVmbyeMNgUtdcuaaonTeu_qYr6ncFJlTSoLvTZd8kd-DkgRlpAbBx5wVpUumhPw1dvUSVE=

Hi Aza, that's a nice build. Really good for Scion. I made some tweaks to help you get more crit chance and life by Scion. I removed the 2 extra life leech nodes by Duelist - I don't think it really helps since we already have the life leech by Shadow whcih should be enough and/or using a life flask. I also removed the Fencing nodes. I put those points into the Scion crit chance and the Scion life.

If you really wanted you could take off the 2 life nodes at the Ranger start and use those to get an extra jewel node.

Also I updated the new low life LS version for Witch. I just saw Sky's boots which are very nice and would work well with this build for free PCOC and stun. May need to get extra dex on the tree. Since LS is now a dex gem, the str requirement is not that high anymore.

Also, someone mentioned 2H crit sword LS. I think this is the way to go if you want to get high status ailments.

Ideally you would remove Multistrike to reduce the "less" damage and rely on FA + frenzy charges to help give you enough attack speed.

As 2H you can really do some interesting combos to make use of your two 6Ls. For generating PCOCs / applying curses / or even switching between ranged/melee and AOE/single target. i.e. ->

a) LS + Frenzy: use LS for ranged, and Frenzy for single target and keeping frenzy charges up in 1v1. Would work well if you are going max Frenzy charges for high dodge with darkray and planning on Raider class.

b) LS + Punc: Punc single target melee hit for DOT, then switch to range with LS and inflict shocks while they bleed out trying to catch up to you.

c) LS + LS: one LS 6L is ranged version with PPAD + PCOC and/or even COH. To generate charges and apply curses. Curses you could use would be for defense (TC / Enfeeble), or to help the melee 6L get as much damage as possible like: Assassin's Mark / Ele Weakness / Conductivity. The other 6L LS is for melee single target with MPD that can use an extra gem (instead of PCOC). If you can somehow apply AM+EW or EW+Conductivity and then have the melee 6L be 100% lightning convert with P2L - well, good night.

d) LS + ST: same as c) but easier to use ST to apply the curses and get PCs.

If someone ends up running Ranger LS with Mind Fang (holy shit), please POST VID!
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 12, 2015, 11:29:53 AM
What's the most effective way to run a curse-on-hit setup as Lightning Strike?
Is there a leveling guide for this? Tried switching to Lightning Strike, but at level 14, the character hits like a wet noodle.
"
Blood_Sail wrote:
Is there a leveling guide for this? Tried switching to Lightning Strike, but at level 14, the character hits like a wet noodle.

I used ST until I got Multistrike.
@Lored: you can use HOT or even Reckoning. My method is to use weapon swap to quill rain with coh.

@Blood: lol. Level 14 gem or level 14 character? It will not be strong until you start getting damage nodes and linking I the key gems. Maybe use a diff melee skill or even facebreakers for leveling until about level 30 then switch to LS
"
Ceryneian wrote:
@Lored: you can use HOT or even Reckoning. My method is to use weapon swap to quill rain with coh.

@Blood: lol. Level 14 gem or level 14 character? It will not be strong until you start getting damage nodes and linking I the key gems. Maybe use a diff melee skill or even facebreakers for leveling until about level 30 then switch to LS

Assuming you get Life/Point/point from bandit the 2.1 tree is for like level 97.

If you had to cut 17 points what would they be? Trying to see what the tree would look like @ 80?

Struggling because all the nodes look so good.

:)
Lightning Strike Cures on Hit setup? Can basically be just like split arrow now.
So which uniques are recommended with 2.1 now? Is BoR out of style for this build yet?

I guess I am wondering if the gear suggestions in the initial post are still relevant to the char.

Some questions: How is Lioneye's Vision? Worth it for the pierce or overkill?

How has Bino's been affected since the changes to poison? Better to go with another dagger?
Last edited by Blood_Sail on Dec 14, 2015, 2:21:13 AM
"
Widow wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Assuming you get Life/Point/point from bandit the 2.1 tree is for like level 97.

If you had to cut 17 points what would they be? Trying to see what the tree would look like @ 80?

Struggling because all the nodes look so good.

:)

Really depends what you prefer: if you prefer more life just remove more damage nodes vs. life nodes, want more damage remove more life nodes vs. damage. A good basic tree would be something like:
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 14, 2015, 12:59:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info