ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Apologies if this has been asked before (I only went back about 10 pages), but how would you go about leveling this? Duelist into Shadow, take crit after 60-70, life as needed?

Edit- just saw the tree two pages back. D'oh
Last edited by JoeODanger on Dec 23, 2015, 11:22:25 PM
Don't see anything about Auras on here? Any recommendations as to what to run?
Auras are Hatred and Herald of Ash. If you are tired of cursing then Hatred + Blasphemy + Assassin IMo.
For those who like to plan long-term, below are my suggested Ascendancy classes. Building Shadow or Ranger will be ideal. I'm not sure how many people are playing Scion or Witch with this build but it is unclear if their sub-classes will have any advantages for this build vs. the Shadow and Ranger classes.

Sub-classes can be viewed here: https://imgur.com/a/wzWFm

1. Shadow Saboteur: this I think is the perfect class for this build as it gives a great mix of defense and damage:

Defense: in-built Blind (superb), % reduced damage taken from blinded enemies (combine this with LC and/or Taste of Hate on the proj. version will give a very defensive build.

Damage: 8% ele penetration (awesome), 30% increased damage against blinded enemies, gain 10% of phys damage as fire (great damage boost since this entire build is based on phys damage).

2. Ranger Raider: for this sub-class I think you should either i) aim to combine Avatar of Onslaught with Blind, or ii) aim to get max frenzy charges.
i) would be good for BofR melee version of LS, but maintaining permanent Onslaught to take full advantage of Avatar of Onslaught will be difficult.
ii) would be good for either proj or melee version if you are using BR and/or Poacher's Mark to sustain the frenzy charges, and planning on using Darkrays to add dodge on top of your block. Only downside is that it may be hard to sustain frenzy charges vs. some bosses. Raider would also be good for 2H sword crit version since they can easily maintain a separate 6l for Frenzy attack to ensure they can maintain frenzy charges vs. bosses.

3. Shadow Assassin: for high crit with LS, best way to go I think will be to get high power charges 5+ for Deadly Infusion and then get Toxic Delivery. Ambush node I think is useless to get as it is best for DOT builds.

NOTE: Ranger Deadeye: this class I think is useless for this build

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 2, 2016, 1:46:02 AM
EDIT: NOT WORKING. This doesn't seem to be working as I thought. See discussion here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1541084
If anyone has seen the Vessel of Vinktar + Retch shenanigans - you can try it on this build with P2L to get 100% lightning conversion then use Vessel of Vinktar light pen version + The Retch belt to add a high amount of damage to your DPS from the leech.

You will need Topaz Flask to counter the shock from Vinktar.

Can be combined with the Alchemist flask node and Atziri's flask for even more insane damage.

See Daidelos' build where he uses this for Voltaxic Barrage: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1531640
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 2, 2016, 1:06:52 AM
Don't really see how Deadeye class is useless for projectile base build. Ya, chain is but getting crit crit chance based off of pierce is nice for LS.
"
deadmeat9 wrote:
Don't really see how Deadeye class is useless for projectile base build. Ya, chain is but getting crit crit chance based off of pierce is nice for LS.

Crit chance from pierce is nice true. But that's pretty much the only nice node for Deadeye for LS. I think if you really want high crit then Assassin would be the way to go.

Fast and Deadly is a useless node
Chain ofc is useless with high pierce
Sharp and Venomous is weak
Endless Munitions is useless now that LS has so many projectiles
Far Shot is interesting but we dont know the range yet, I think you would have to be at very long range to get the full 30%. This is hard for LS because unlike st or bow skills the ls projectiles are easily stopped by stairs, rocks, and other junk on the ground. Sure it would be nice for outdoor map but overall I dont think it is worth it.

I'm also not sure if PW curse affects the crit chance (dont think it does) for Powerful Precision, so if you rely on PW for 100% pierce then this node may not be that great.

Overall the Ranger sub-classes just seem weak compared to the others. We will have to wait to see what the 3rd ranger class is.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 2, 2016, 12:16:23 AM
Currently at 90. Solved most of my survival issues so far with a better Rumi's and more evasion (up to 40% now, 60% with jade). Also destroy most things before they even touch me. Have cleared up to T10. Currently looking on things I need to imrpove.

I really want to 6L my chest but scared of losing the 5L. Need some better crit rings and maybe some new boots sometime. Biggest thing right now is to buy a Taste of Hate, but they are so ridiculously expensive these days. Maybe a better amulet if I can afford it.

Spoiler

My current tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4B0QMeBS0FtQceCC4NjQ5IES8Rlha_GY4brR9BI9Mj9iT9JpUqCypbLOEwfDY9OJY94j7PQzFHBkd-SO5JUUz_TZJOKlFHUuxVS1b1W69d8mHiYqxlTWwIbIxvJ3BScFZ07XXLdf14rnsUfXV944Dhgl6Eb4nTjDaNfY1-jb-OipAblLiVLpfQmhOaapuNnaqhIqJAo4qmf6xmr-uxs7TFtUi3F7e2uT69Nr3mvqfC7MSiyNzTftRC2Hbawdtu29Tb5-Je51TqYutj7UHtg-4O8NXxivT4_MX-uv_e

Will eventually respec those 2 frenzy nodes for a better jewel slot or once I hit 91, get thick skin, but I haven't felt the need for more health just yet. Thought about the Deflection node for more block. One thing I found is Spirit Void is overkill. I was able to sustain mana on one mana leech node on no regen maps.

Some other points of discussion:
How big/necessary are the heals from Bino for survival? Not sure how I would go about testing this. Is the heal considered leech and uses the leech passives?
What about the Sai daggers with 6% block, would it be worth it to go with one over bino's?
I have tested Winds of Change, the projectile damage seems noticeable. However, the knockback doesn't really happen as much as I thought it would. Most things die before you knock them back far enough anyways.
Last edited by Blood_Sail on Jan 2, 2016, 10:18:27 PM
Thanks for the feedback Blood. I put Spirit Void for the 6L for those that want to use P2L, but if you don't use P2L then I agree it is too much and can be unspecc'd.

The heals from Bino's are pretty good, but they only apply in a "mid-size" radius (not sure how big that is). So if you play range a lot then you may not be getting all the heals.

It doesn't help to prevent one-shots, but it does help for fast regen instead of using life flask.

How much block % are you currently getting? I think Sai dagger with block will not be worth it if you are not having trouble with survivability and as you say - you are killing pretty much everything before it reaches you. I would just stick with Bino's.

Thanks for testing Winds of Change, interesting gloves. Might be a good option for those who like using Faster Projectiles (more smooth gameplay) and want even more projectile speed.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Thanks for the feedback Blood. I put Spirit Void for the 6L for those that want to use P2L, but if you don't use P2L then I agree it is too much and can be unspecc'd.

The heals from Bino's are pretty good, but they only apply in a "mid-size" radius (not sure how big that is). So if you play range a lot then you may not be getting all the heals.

It doesn't help to prevent one-shots, but it does help for fast regen instead of using life flask.

How much block % are you currently getting? I think Sai dagger with block will not be worth it if you are not having trouble with survivability and as you say - you are killing pretty much everything before it reaches you. I would just stick with Bino's.

Thanks for testing Winds of Change, interesting gloves. Might be a good option for those who like using Faster Projectiles (more smooth gameplay) and want even more projectile speed.

Currently at 30/17 block right now. Sai is another 6%, which is the same amount of the nerfed Bringer of Rain. Just thought it might be worth it, but it'd have to be an insane dagger with more than 250 pdps probably to break even.

What do you think would be good alternative unique body armours? I like my 5L chest but I feel like trying to 6L it is just a black hole of fusings.

Lightning Coil vs Daresso vs Belly of the Beast? I was thinking either Daresso or Lightning Coil since everyone seems to think Lightning Coil is the best end game armour. Daresso just seems to give lots of stats we need across the board (minus resists) so still undecided.
Last edited by Blood_Sail on Jan 5, 2016, 8:06:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info