ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
moonrakerx wrote:
Just want to confirm that Melee physical damage nodes are useless for this build? If you are playing ranged.

Aye. But not completely useless if you like using Vaal DS.
"
xMustard wrote:
incredible how well this build has held up over the ages

Thanks man. I wish I could say the same, but defense-wise this build is a shadow of what it once was. I might try and go back to the old-days of Double Strike + high avoidance in Ascendancy.
wow, hey Tiurakh, i didnt know you are still updating this post,
was exploring around and saw ur page updated to 2.1 version..

i actually tweaked the build a lil, would like to hear your comment over my tweak..

here is the tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe037veiSdfXXuDmJa_rqjivzFI_a3Fw2NTZKNfYDhW6-HdjB84l6QChR1TipnoOOfUUc4lhjbTP9KfTfUjb_nVHTxQzHtPwW11CMk_Sml2sGNfujWMHH_3nTtt7Yi6psm53TdqAUtdcstVTIBbWxLeHrv6mK-pxaqshk2PbVIOkJlTT3Rz3qdqtRCvTYFfWyMpn-Eb2Ks7UF1_eLVFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13yDkgRluOEkBvAnHBWpzSaE_b829RHBth2uT5W9axm224s4ZfQfeOOig==

i chose dodge over block, and i'm using dual vaal grace, linked with an increased duration..
and i picked iron reflexes since i found a very decent high eva shield..

here are my current gear right now,

fully vamped to dodge with atziri's steps, and i took out the ice golem gem, the blank socket on the shield suppose to be ice golem slot.

1 question, does spell damage helps lightning strike on dps boost??

i would really love to hear your comment over this=)

besides, nice to see you again buddy=)

and also, i found that there is one new flasks called Vinktar topaz flasks, u might wanna check it out, it grants 30% life leech over lightning damage during flask effect.
Last edited by aMIgolala on Jan 11, 2016, 2:08:59 AM
of course its a shadow of what it used to be. theres no way we can ever get as good as that again.

if you're thinking of layering defenses again and stuff in ascendancy i highly suggest a shield build with some added block, where your damage is primarily either cold or lightning with three dragons in order to constantly freeze and shatter enemies. then you can run the now legacy Chill of Corruption jewel which gives you an 80% chance to receive and additional vaal soul when you shatter enemies.

my current bow ranger has this and i have almost a 100% uptime on my vaal grace. so coupling that dodge and spell dodge with some block and spell block would be absolutely amazing. i can't do it cause im a bow ranger, but figuring a build that could would be very beneficial defensively
"
aMIgolala wrote:

i actually tweaked the build a lil, would like to hear your comment over my tweak..

here is the tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe037veiSdfXXuDmJa_rqjivzFI_a3Fw2NTZKNfYDhW6-HdjB84l6QChR1TipnoOOfUUc4lhjbTP9KfTfUjb_nVHTxQzHtPwW11CMk_Sml2sGNfujWMHH_3nTtt7Yi6psm53TdqAUtdcstVTIBbWxLeHrv6mK-pxaqshk2PbVIOkJlTT3Rz3qdqtRCvTYFfWyMpn-Eb2Ks7UF1_eLVFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13yDkgRluOEkBvAnHBWpzSaE_b829RHBth2uT5W9axm224s4ZfQfeOOig==

i chose dodge over block, and i'm using dual vaal grace, linked with an increased duration..

fully vamped to dodge with atziri's steps, and i took out the ice golem gem, the blank socket on the shield suppose to be ice golem slot.

and also, i found that there is one new flasks called Vinktar topaz flasks, u might wanna check it out, it grants 30% life leech over lightning damage during flask effect.

Thanks man, glad you are liking the build. Yes I've started playing a little PoE again. LS is pretty ridiculous now. I hope they make a nice clean MTX to reduce the clutter.

I really like that you did your own tweaks. If you are comfortable playing ranged then Dodge is a good option because it is always on and also frees up 1-2 flask slots that you can use for something else.

Unfortunately Acro cuts your armor in half from IR. So it will probably be better to stick with EV + dodge. Since you are playing ranged you will have less problems with attacks, I think the only trouble you will really have will come from phys damage mostly from spells so getting high spell dodge (like you do with Steps) + Vaal Grace is a very good combo. If you feel attacks are still causing problems I would try Blind. I just don't think you get much benefit from IR + Acro.

Spell damage will help LS if you use Crown of Eyes helm. It's mostly for the low-life builds with Shav's since you can get very high spell damage on shield, amulet, and on tree. It's basically like a generic attack damage boost. But for life builds I think Rat's Nest / Alpha's Howl / Rare is fine enough.

Yes that new flask is sick, especially for those using LS with P2L. It can probably replace Atziri flask on the setup. I can't wait to try it and I'll add this as recommendation to the guide. Only downside is that the flask will shock you so you either gotta play very careful or drink it with another flask that has grounding mod.

I think this flask is probably best for the Low-Life LS version where you can get the Witch flask nodes and since you are low-life you won't need life flask so you could use 1 or 2 of these easily.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 11, 2016, 12:41:15 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
of course its a shadow of what it used to be. theres no way we can ever get as good as that again.

if you're thinking of layering defenses again and stuff in ascendancy i highly suggest a shield build with some added block, where your damage is primarily either cold or lightning with three dragons in order to constantly freeze and shatter enemies. then you can run the now legacy Chill of Corruption jewel which gives you an 80% chance to receive and additional vaal soul when you shatter enemies.

my current bow ranger has this and i have almost a 100% uptime on my vaal grace. so coupling that dodge and spell dodge with some block and spell block would be absolutely amazing. i can't do it cause im a bow ranger, but figuring a build that could would be very beneficial defensively

I really miss those days. But your idea is really neat! I think there might be a way to get even higher damage avoidance than before. If I can figure out how to combine your idea it could work:

1. Easy near-max block with shield/dual wield + flask + a few block nodes/jewel
2. Blind
3. Avatar of Onslaught (mini-Ondar's Guile for both melee and proj. attacks). Would need to have near-perma Onslaught to work well
4. High dodge from Frenzy charges + near-perma Vaal Grace

I think that could be on par or even better than back in 1.2. To get the permanent Onslaught for the buffs I think the easiest way would be to use 1 or 2 Rotgut flask and then a dedicated high-crit Frenzy attack.

EDIT: but now that I think about it - you would basically need to play frenzy as melee. Hard to go through all that when you could be playing max dodge bow guy with 2 6Ls. Sigh.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 11, 2016, 12:59:24 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
M_E_L_K_O_R wrote:
What Bandits for the Projectile version?

Bandits are really up to you, as some people prefer to get different things:

Normal: Recommended -> Kill All. If you are trying to get as much life as you can: Help Oak for life
Cruel: Recommended -> Help Oak for the phys damage
Merci: Recommended -> Kill All. If you use a lot of frenzy charges then Help Kraityn. If you use power charges then Help Alira

Thanks for the response. I,m going to do oak normal / oak cruel / skill point. I've no idea atm about charges, maybe i'll change once i get some upgrades. Thanks again for your advice and guide
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
aMIgolala wrote:

here is the tree
Spoiler

Thanks man, glad you are liking the build. Yes I've started playing a little PoE again. LS is pretty ridiculous now. I hope they make a nice clean MTX to reduce the clutter.

I really like that you did your own tweaks. If you are comfortable playing ranged then Dodge is a good option because it is always on and also frees up 1-2 flask slots that you can use for something else.

Unfortunately Acro cuts your armor in half from IR. So it will probably be better to stick with EV + dodge. Since you are playing ranged you will have less problems with attacks, I think the only trouble you will really have will come from phys damage mostly from spells so getting high spell dodge (like you do with Steps) + Vaal Grace is a very good combo. If you feel attacks are still causing problems I would try Blind. I just don't think you get much benefit from IR + Acro.

Spell damage will help LS if you use Crown of Eyes helm. It's mostly for the low-life builds with Shav's since you can get very high spell damage on shield, amulet, and on tree. It's basically like a generic attack damage boost. But for life builds I think Rat's Nest / Alpha's Howl / Rare is fine enough.

Yes that new flask is sick, especially for those using LS with P2L. It can probably replace Atziri flask on the setup. I can't wait to try it and I'll add this as recommendation to the guide. Only downside is that the flask will shock you so you either gotta play very careful or drink it with another flask that has grounding mod.

I think this flask is probably best for the Low-Life LS version where you can get the Witch flask nodes and since you are low-life you won't need life flask so you could use 1 or 2 of these easily.

oh yea! thanks for reminding me bout the penalty from acro, i've changed the tree and kinda follow your current tree, what do you think about it? i took "From the shadows" node, and the eva and life node instead of projectile damage node from the starting point of ranger.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe037veiSdfXXuDmJa_rqjivzFI_Z467cXDY1Nko19CpuA4Vuvh3YwfOJeTipnoOOfUUc4lkz_Sn031I2_51RDMdZY7T8FtdQjJP3awY1-4J_C7OjWMHH_3nTtt7YFZrTFKlsi6psm3agFLXXLYqzb54JeLVUyAUt4eu_qYr6nbIxHBlLsFqqyGTpCZU2dqth2PdHPer02Nj25Plb1BX3rY6xm2261SBEvLOGX0NRCfeOOiqZ_hG_tQXX9Fr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13yDkgRlpAbBx5wVpUumhPw1dvUSVFHfg==

i'm thinking mayb i should change my curse setup, since those mob can actually hit me when im doing projectile dmg...any idea on how to do it? im currently running a lvl 1 CWDT and lvl 2 Warlord's mark for life leech and endure charge for immortal.
Last edited by aMIgolala on Jan 14, 2016, 10:39:48 AM
"
aMIgolala wrote:

oh yea! thanks for reminding me bout the penalty from acro, i've changed the tree and kinda follow your current tree, what do you think about it? i took "From the shadows" node, and the eva and life node instead of projectile damage node from the starting point of ranger.

i'm thinking mayb i should change my curse setup, since those mob can actually hit me when im doing projectile dmg...any idea on how to do it? im currently running a lvl 1 CWDT and lvl 2 Warlord's mark for life leech and endure charge for immortal.

Hey man your tree looks pretty good. I've actually been debating the same thing on whether to get From the Shadows. I need to do some tests when I get time.

For me I use 2 CWDT set-ups with the projectile version: one for CWDT+Inc.Dur+Frost Wall and one for CWDT+Arc+COH+Projectile Weakness.

The Frost Wall helps a lot because it creates pushback and separation if you get rushed by melee monsters. However it only works well if you have close to 100% pierce to be able to keep doing DPS through the Frost Wall

The Arc setup I like although it is a bit costly at 4 sockets. However the arc chains and I can use a level 20 PW curse with a low level CWDT since only the Arc is limited by the CWDT level. The PW curse gives me more damage and some knockback, however you could use Temporal Chains instead for more defense.
hmmm, cool, thanks for your reply buddy..
let's see what we can get out from what we had discussed...hehe

oh yea, the reason why i used warlords, is because of the life leech and endurance charges that helps boosting the duration of Immortal call that i'm using..

since i can get around 74% of piercing(30 from tree, and 20/22q gem), mayb i should try back with the frost wall setup...
Last edited by aMIgolala on Jan 16, 2016, 12:17:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info