ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

hey what kind of jewels would you recommend?
"
lmwoodstock wrote:
hey what kind of jewels would you recommend?

For more defense you can get jewels with life and block.

For more damage get jewels with inc. phys damage and crit

For VLS damage you really want high crit - so best to use a few Vaal Sentencings.
What skill gems would you use with the Post haste / Raider build? I mean on top of the LS setup and HoA+Hatred setup? The gear listed is missing a lot of gems so I'm wondering what setup you would run with this build.
"
Smerte wrote:
What skill gems would you use with the Post haste / Raider build? I mean on top of the LS setup and HoA+Hatred setup? The gear listed is missing a lot of gems so I'm wondering what setup you would run with this build.

Hey buddy this build is very flexible - so those options are really open to you! Below I have put some suggestions:

Post Haste Extra Links
- Blood Rage + Faster Casting + Inc. Duration + Ice Golem (you need the blood rage for the frenzy charges for Raider)

- Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Enfeeble (this is manual cast Enfeeble for any difficult bosses)

- CWDT + Frost Wall + Inc. Duration (this is my favorite defensive setup. I don't really find CWDT + IC helpful because on 4k-5k life you will not be able to use a high-level CWDT and will not be able to get a decent IC duration).

So instead I use Frost Wall which is perfect for the Post Haste version where you aim to get high pierce. This interrupts enemies that are close and also gives you some barrier and breathing room. So if you get hit you will proc Frost Wall which will give you a LOT of time to escape and recover without taking a 2nd hit (see my Atziri vid for when I did trio).

- If you can fit an extra Herald: Herald of Thunder + COH + Ass Mark/Ele Weakness + [Enlighten] (this is 4 blue so you may need an int kind of boots if you want to run this, it is mostly if you have Skyforth).

Or you can try other things like Poacher's Mark + COH + CWDT for extra leech and frenzy charges.

Butterfly Extra Links
- Phase Run + Faster Casting + Inc. Duration

- Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Enfeeble

- CWDT + Arc + COH + Temp Chains, or Herald of Thunder + COH + Temp Chains

- CWDT + Frost Wall + IC + Inc. Duration

You can fit an Ice Golem in there somewhere. These are mostly defensive links. Phase Run is the main skill you will be using with Butterfly and Genjuro

Genjuro Extra Links
- Phase Run + Faster Casting + Inc. Duration + Ice Golem

- Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Assassin's Mark / Enfeeble + [extra slot] (applying Ass Mark before hitting out of stealth with VLS gives tremendous damage)
OR
- CWDT + Frost Wall + IC + Inc. Duration
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 7, 2016, 12:17:21 AM
List of Helmet Enchantments Here:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_helmet_enchantment_mods

Useful Helmet Enchantments:
- 40% increased Lightning Strike Damage

- 3 additional Lightning Strike Projectiles

- 30% increased Lightning Strike Pierce Chance

- 36% increased Phase Run Duration

- 15% reduced Hatred Mana Reservation

- 36% increased Frost Wall Duration

- 150% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Ice Golems
Has anyone tried to make a Duelist version? I think a Max Block/Spell Block Dagger Crit with high Evasion is possible with the Gladiator Specialization. Block with Block nodes, BOR and Thousand Teeth Temu. Evasion with the % Increased Shield Defences that you will acquire while traveling thru the Block nodes
Hi,

i want play this build
but i don't understand the "MS" skill (I'm beginner on POE)

"
MAIN LINKS:

LS + PPAD + WED + MS + ICC/ICD/P2L/LIGHT PEN
Note: Please do not use things like Chain and GMP. I use P2L + ICC as my last 2 links. If you use P2L you will be immune to phys reflect, but also deal very high lightning damage (makiNG ele reflect maps dangerous). You will also need the Duelist generic leech nodes to sustain LS with P2L. Otherwise, without P2L, you can still leech from your phys and thus forego the Duelist generic leech nodes.

It's "MELEE SPLASH" ? or other : Molten Strike? Molten Shell? Multistrike ? ...)

thx
"
14qr23we wrote:
Has anyone tried to make a Duelist version? I think a Max Block/Spell Block Dagger Crit with high Evasion is possible with the Gladiator Specialization. Block with Block nodes, BOR and Thousand Teeth Temu. Evasion with the % Increased Shield Defences that you will acquire while traveling thru the Block nodes

Yes that will work nicely and you can focus on getting high block and high spell block simultaneously without having to use the Lazhwar or Rathpith (good life on this shield, but it is expensive).

With BofR you are sort of forced to go melee mode to take advantage of the MPD link in BofR (otherwise you are basically using a 5L chest). So please be careful because you will need more defenses to survive in melee vs. someone who is playing ranged all the time with LS projectiles where few mobs even reach them.

Good thing with BofR is that it provides Blind on 7L so you will not need Stibnite flask.

PS: If you are aiming to have 75% block without Rumi's you will need a lot of nodes:

BofR: 6% block (legacy 15%)
Shield: 32% block for Thousand Teeth (Great Old One's Ward could also be a good option)
Gladiator block: 6%
Required nodes: 31%

I would recommend you just use Rumi's to get your max block.

Alternatively you can change to a Facebreaker Duelist build so that you do not need to get dagger or weapon nodes or crit nodes -> all those extra nodes you can pour into defense for shield block and inc. evasion.

"
Clarau wrote:
Hi,

i want play this build
but i don't understand the "MS" skill (I'm beginner on POE)

"
MAIN LINKS:

LS + PPAD + WED + MS + ICC/ICD/P2L/LIGHT PEN
Note: Please do not use things like Chain and GMP. I use P2L + ICC as my last 2 links. If you use P2L you will be immune to phys reflect, but also deal very high lightning damage (makiNG ele reflect maps dangerous). You will also need the Duelist generic leech nodes to sustain LS with P2L. Otherwise, without P2L, you can still leech from your phys and thus forego the Duelist generic leech nodes.

It's "MELEE SPLASH" ? or other : Molten Strike? Molten Shell? Multistrike ? ...)

thx

Sorry, MS is for Multistrike. I will change the wording so it's more clear.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 8, 2016, 2:22:24 PM
Ok so I finally got to mapping in HC perandus with 63% evade attack, 56% dodge attack 40% dodge spells.

I have 0 armor and I think that if theres a situation where I get hit a single time. I'm dead. How do I prevent this from happening? Also what flasks do I run? I'm doing Raider butterfly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info