ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Special0ps wrote:
Loving this build, doing a variation of it on ambush atm, lvl 57 right now and loving it, been using LS since lvl 20(when i could use an ungil's). Its crazy awesome. For ppl having mana issues, get yourself a 4L Goldrim(pretty cheap 1-2 chaos) and just use LS+multi+faster attacks+mana leech, works wonders, wurm's molt(again fairly cheap) helps alot with leech for lvling and crest of perandus just cause it's so fucking awesome for this build.

On another note, u could get 4% more hp from getting the life nodes that are right at the start of ranger instead of the ones that are north of shadow start. Just a small change but worth it.

Amazing guide, loving evasion+acrobatics so far, keep up the good work.

Revised tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEEfgSxBX0FtQX5BukJIQ5IEZYV8Ba_GtsbrR6BJDwknST9JpUnYSepMHEyATpCOlg94kjuSVFKfUt4S41MYFVLVupW9Vb6Wm1h4mJaZ6Bte3BScFZ0QXfXeK59dX3jfyt_xocZh3aH24hCjDaQG5Vml9CaE5smnaOhIqJAo4qmf6c0p1yv67Gzshm0xbVIt9O5PrvjwFHBxcLsxKLGos3qz3rTftQj1QDWitfL2j3bbtvU3aje9uOE51TndOjW6xTtQe4O8-r0-Pyr_MX-uv8cI_bv8FpI

Thanks! And great tips. Good catch - I have updated the tree in the guide =).
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 26, 2014, 8:34:39 AM
"
xAgility wrote:
Hey man, many thanks for this amazing guide. I've did reading on both the double strike and lightning strike build and I must say I really like them both. However I am leaning towards the LS one more, it just looks really great. What do you think would be a good way to build the tree into at invasion league? Since the mobs are significantly harder (bosses) and the new Bringer of rain is much weaker than the legacy one. Do you think it's better to try for a 5/6 link chest? (Though getting that 6l for me now might be an issue) . Also what kind of a DPS on dagger am I looking for to have a decent/good DPS on the lightning strike waves. Since I can't really base it off of your dagger. Thanks!

Hi, thanks for trying the build. I am actually trying the build now in Invasion and Ambush. I've hit level 35 and just got a Mightflay dagger in Invasion, here is how I've gone so far:

- Started leveling with 2H spectral throw - whatever strong 2H I could get my hands on, because they have high damage
- Got Heart of Oak, and Primal Spirit, then the block nodes by Weapon Artistry and Aspect of the Panther, at this point I put on a shield and started using 1H
- I rushed to get Ondar's Guile, which helped a lot
- I then went to get some crit with Pressure Points and then got life near Gymnastics
- I am now getting more life with those life nodes below Gymnastics as shown in the tree in the guide

Next Steps:
- Getting Revenge of the Hunted for life and evasion
- Then rushing to get all the Dodge nodes
- Then I'll get the life nodes and Mental Acuity up by the Shadow, along with Mind Drinker for mana leech
- After that I'll trek up to Written in Blood for more life
- Finally I'll get the dagger damage nodes last

Gear:
- Recommend starting with a 2H for high damage, then transitioning to Mightflay (which you can buy for 1chaos on Invasion)
- In between this you should get Crest of Perandus
- This will last you until the early 60s levels
- Once you get to the 60s, I guess you can start considering Bringer of Rain or a 6L, and an end-game weapon
- It will depend on your funds, but ideally you would like Bringer of Rain for the huge block and the blind, however using a 5L chest and then getting a good helm with some decent life would work. I haven't gotten to this point yet, but will let you know what I decide.

You can keep leveling with dagger spectral throw and double strike, or use lightning strike for both AOE and single target.

Damage
- Damage should be very good with Lightning Strike
- Please keep in mind 3 things:
a) tooltip DPS is a bit misleading because it does not factor in projectiles
b) if you see you are doing NO damage with the projectiles - it could be because they are missing. The visuals for Lightning Strike are weird where it may show projectiles impacting with sparks, but in reality those projectiles are not hitting the targets. It is a bit weird but I noticed this in my video fight against the Atziri trio bosses - towards the end when I am fighting the last boss you can see that only titty btches at a certain angle behind the main boss are getting hit, while the others are NOT being hit even though the projectiles look like they are hitting them sometimes.
c) elemental resistance mobs will make it hard for you to damage. So it may be ideal to run elemental weakness curse if you use the ranged form a lot.

I just ran a Level 73 Cells map with this low damage, low crit dagger:

Tooltip DPS was 13K with Hatred. I was clearing ok, freezing and shocking mobs as usual, and the ranged form of LS was doing decent DPS. I may make a short video so you guys can see that you do not need an insane weapon for LS in end game, but above 250 phys DPS is recommended, and preferably 300+ phys DPS.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 26, 2014, 9:47:24 AM
Great build! I really like all of your updates and the discussions to so many things (like your most recent post about leveling).
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Mar 26, 2014, 2:15:04 PM
can it be effective with cyclone?
ign: PlasticSupporter
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Np :) again great build, just got to 67 using BoR and a 265pdps(301total dps) dagger and this is so much fun.

Another thing I wanted to add is the use of enduring cry, it only takes 1 slot if u want(i have it linked with faster casting and proj weakness on shield),could always use an unset ring for it. Acrobatics does not affect endurance charges in terms of physical reduction since it gives a % phys reduction and not armour. So with my measly 3 endurance charges, i can still get about 20% phys reduction, which rly helps on those big hits u dont avoid/dodge/block. Just a suggestion for end game.

Again, great guide and awesome build man, having so much fun with this.

Cheers
Rampage: xGyoX
Last edited by Special0ps on Mar 26, 2014, 11:43:48 PM
"
Special0ps wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Np :) again great build, just got to 67 using BoR and a 265pdps(301total dps) dagger and this is so much fun.

Another thing I wanted to add is the use of enduring cry, it only takes 1 slot if u want(i have it linked with faster casting and proj weakness on shield),could always use an unset ring for it. Acrobatics does not affect endurance charges in terms of physical reduction since it gives a % phys reduction and not armour. So with my measly 3 endurance charges, i can still get about 20% phys reduction, which rly helps on those big hits u dont avoid/dodge/block. Just a suggestion for end game.

Again, great guide and awesome build man, having so much fun with this.

Cheers

awesome. Yup endurance charges are great to grab and is one of the advantage of the original axe build where you can get up to 5 ECs.

Also for gem links - you don't have to use additional accuracy and life leech gem for LS, here are some other gems that work well:
WED, Added Fire Damage, Increased Crit Damage / Chance, Pierce, Elemental Proliferation, Projectile Attack Damage, Lightning Penetration, PCOC
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 27, 2014, 12:47:18 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
xAgility wrote:
Hey man, many thanks for this amazing guide. I've did reading on both the double strike and lightning strike build and I must say I really like them both. However I am leaning towards the LS one more, it just looks really great. What do you think would be a good way to build the tree into at invasion league? Since the mobs are significantly harder (bosses) and the new Bringer of rain is much weaker than the legacy one. Do you think it's better to try for a 5/6 link chest? (Though getting that 6l for me now might be an issue) . Also what kind of a DPS on dagger am I looking for to have a decent/good DPS on the lightning strike waves. Since I can't really base it off of your dagger. Thanks!

Hi, thanks for trying the build. I am actually trying the build now in Invasion and Ambush. I've hit level 35 and just got a Mightflay dagger in Invasion, here is how I've gone so far:

- Started leveling with 2H spectral throw - whatever strong 2H I could get my hands on, because they have high damage
- Got Heart of Oak, and Primal Spirit, then the block nodes by Weapon Artistry and Aspect of the Panther, at this point I put on a shield and started using 1H
- I rushed to get Ondar's Guile, which helped a lot
- I then went to get some crit with Pressure Points and then got life near Gymnastics
- I am now getting more life with those life nodes below Gymnastics as shown in the tree in the guide

Next Steps:
- Getting Revenge of the Hunted for life and evasion
- Then rushing to get all the Dodge nodes
- Then I'll get the life nodes and Mental Acuity up by the Shadow, along with Mind Drinker for mana leech
- After that I'll trek up to Written in Blood for more life
- Finally I'll get the dagger damage nodes last

Gear:
- Recommend starting with a 2H for high damage, then transitioning to Mightflay (which you can buy for 1chaos on Invasion)
- In between this you should get Crest of Perandus
- This will last you until the early 60s levels
- Once you get to the 60s, I guess you can start considering Bringer of Rain or a 6L, and an end-game weapon
- It will depend on your funds, but ideally you would like Bringer of Rain for the huge block and the blind, however using a 5L chest and then getting a good helm with some decent life would work. I haven't gotten to this point yet, but will let you know what I decide.

You can keep leveling with dagger spectral throw and double strike, or use lightning strike for both AOE and single target.

Damage
- Damage should be very good with Lightning Strike
- Please keep in mind 3 things:
a) tooltip DPS is a bit misleading because it does not factor in projectiles
b) if you see you are doing NO damage with the projectiles - it could be because they are missing. The visuals for Lightning Strike are weird where it may show projectiles impacting with sparks, but in reality those projectiles are not hitting the targets. It is a bit weird but I noticed this in my video fight against the Atziri trio bosses - towards the end when I am fighting the last boss you can see that only titty btches at a certain angle behind the main boss are getting hit, while the others are NOT being hit even though the projectiles look like they are hitting them sometimes.
c) elemental resistance mobs will make it hard for you to damage. So it may be ideal to run elemental weakness curse if you use the ranged form a lot.

I just ran a Level 73 Cells map with this low damage, low crit dagger:

Tooltip DPS was 13K with Hatred. I was clearing ok, freezing and shocking mobs as usual, and the ranged form of LS was doing decent DPS. I may make a short video so you guys can see that you do not need an insane weapon for LS in end game, but above 250 phys DPS is recommended, and preferably 300+ phys DPS.

That's what I was thinking aswell, greatly written . I'd love to see your skillbuild so far on the invasion league.
"
nowai27 wrote:
can it be effective with cyclone?

Yes, original axe build works great with the below skills and I have videos showing these:
- Cyclone (Academy map video
- Dominating Blow (Torture Chamber map video)
- Frenzy (Poorjoy's Asylum map video)

Please keep in mind that these are very mana intensive skills - so you may have to either use Soul Taker, build around mana regen, or use Blood Magic.
Plan to test Conductivity gem for offensive curse as it will benefit both melee and ranged form of Lightning Strike, unlike Projectile Weakness which benefits only the ranged form of LS).

A 20/20 Conductivity will give reduction to lightning res, but the key thing for us is the boost to shocks:

- Minus 50% enemy resistances. Great damage boost - if an enemy mob had the max lightning resistance of 75%, using level 20 Conductivity will increase our Lightning Damage on the enemy mob by 3x)
- +14% chance to Shock
- 20% increased duration of Shock

Which helps us quickly stack and easily maintain triple shocks for the 90% more damage boost to ALL our damage (cold, lightning, physical) xD.

Some mobs may have over max 75% resistance (overcapped), which in this case Lightning Penetration support gem would really shine.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 28, 2014, 12:45:34 AM
How important is Ondar's Guile for this build?

I'm considering dropping it from my build and possibly either going into the shadow tree more.

It seems like the frenzy nodes are rather worthless except for bosses where you can actually maintain them, for trash mobs it seems kinda of a hassle to keep them up.
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info