ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Level 67 with this build now, considering getting a BoR. Did you say to get all the acrobatic nodes by now? Also when should I be getting the block nodes? The other 3x 8% Health nodes are so far away and would delay the Adders touch cluster by a lot.

Also I am having a hard time deciding what to go for spellblock wise. Do I take the spellblock shield and stone of lazhwar or do I go rainbowstrides lazhwar?

I know which will provide what but I am not sure what's better for hardcore. What do you think?
I don't like the sin trek boots at all because they don't give resists nor hp, it's a big drawback
Last edited by xAgility on Mar 30, 2014, 6:56:46 AM
Long, long, thread :D

Read some if it, but it's too long to read.

I got a
and testing it out, I really like it. The DoT for AoE is HUGE. That said, I'm leveling a new char for this build, level 16 so far :D

Also, would prefer to start as Shadow (I just like the art better, barely any difference). Assuming I get the BoR, how would my tree look?

This tree should work?
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Mar 30, 2014, 7:35:29 AM
"
xAgility wrote:
Level 67 with this build now, considering getting a BoR. Did you say to get all the acrobatic nodes by now? Also when should I be getting the block nodes? The other 3x 8% Health nodes are so far away and would delay the Adders touch cluster by a lot.

Also I am having a hard time deciding what to go for spellblock wise. Do I take the spellblock shield and stone of lazhwar or do I go rainbowstrides lazhwar?

I know which will provide what but I am not sure what's better for hardcore. What do you think?
I don't like the sin trek boots at all because they don't give resists nor hp, it's a big drawback

Hi man, - are you following axe build or dagger build?

If you are in hardcore: prioritize life and defenses over damage. Get Phase Acrobatics as soon as you can because it helps with spell defenses early on. Then start getting block (and use the Crest of Perandus shield). Then go up to the Shadow for more life for the dagger build, or go to the Duelist for more block and life for the axe build. Finally I recommend you get the axe / dagger nodes last for damage.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 30, 2014, 10:06:11 AM
"
CantripN wrote:

I got a
and testing it out, I really like it. The DoT for AoE is HUGE. That said, I'm leveling a new char for this build, level 16 so far :D

Also, would prefer to start as Shadow (I just like the art better, barely any difference). Assuming I get the BoR, how would my tree look?

This tree should work?

Hi. Yes thread is now massive but lots of good discussion and criticism of the build - I made an index in the 2nd post that you can use to search the thread for the main topics discussed - i.e. if you want to find out what was discussed on Dominating Blow or Acrobatics etc, you can use the index to find the pages quickly.

Yes Shadow is fine - your tree looks solid. You can make a trade off and get 15% block recovery instead of 10 dex at the Ranger side by going through Heart of Oak.

I HIGHLY recommend Ondar's Guile, but if you want to play without it - you can put the nodes into more life or more damage like Arcing Blows / Fencing.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:

I got a

This tree should work?

Hi. Yes thread is now massive but lots of good discussion and criticism of the build - I made an index in the 2nd post that you can use to search the thread for the main topics discussed - i.e. if you want to find out what was discussed on Dominating Blow or Acrobatics etc, you can use the index to find the pages quickly.

Yes Shadow is fine - your tree looks solid. You can make a trade off and get 15% block recovery instead of 10 dex at the Ranger side by going through Heart of Oak.

I HIGHLY recommend Ondar's Guile, but if you want to play without it - you can put the nodes into more life or more damage like Arcing Blows / Fencing.

Thanks for the feedback.
Another thing I'm considering is using Frenzy as a main-skill (Frenzy/Melee Splash/Multistrike + Increaed AoE / PCoC / Added Fire?).

Got a:

Thinking of running Blood Rage, using Blood Dance with +1 Frenzy.

Total Frenzy Charges = 8, maybe 9 at level 90 or so (not in the build atm)
+144% Attack Speed +8 Frenzy Charges (= +16% with Blood Dance)
+96% Damage
Access to Crit Damage nodes

How about that?

Tree:

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Mar 30, 2014, 10:29:37 AM
you will not be able to sustain frenzy on mana by attacking so fast - trust me on that, lol
soul taker would be a must
Last edited by iRace82 on Mar 30, 2014, 10:51:38 AM
"
Junkx wrote:
you will not be able to sustain frenzy on mana by attacking so fast - trust me on that, lol

Would this be more reasonable? Worst comes to worst, I can use a Mana Leech gem, or Blood Magic, but I doubt you can't manage with EB + Mana Leech + Clarity...

Last edited by CantripN on Mar 30, 2014, 11:26:46 AM
I'm using build based on your LS build in invasion. Currently lvl 78.

Just quick question:

Have you ever tried puncture?

I have puncture+inc crit dmg + inc duration + melee phys dmg on my gloves and its amazing when it crits.

One crit is enough to kill invaders if they move and all the map bosses I have tried, have also dropped to one single crit puncture IF they are moving. Im running 71 maps now(still awesome exp for my lvl).

Could be useful vs some hard bosses, maybe even the trio before atziri? With quality gems and vuln+temp chain curse I could see them dropping pretty fast.

I'm using Binos dagger, but higher phys dmg would also make up for the DoT on bino.
Last edited by Kullevi on Mar 30, 2014, 12:35:10 PM
it does depend on your attack speed, but keep in mind if you have 8 frenzy charges, which that tree suggests if you take the bandit reward and two more from the gear you wanna use, thats automatically 184% boost in atk spd from a 20/20 frenzy gem (frenzy charges add 5% on its own, and frenzy skill adds 18% ADDITIONALLY with frenzy charge base, so 23% atk spd per frenzy charge). with multistrike thats another 308%. also 31% from the tree.

your best bet would be to not use multistrike, and it seems like you won't be using BoR with the links you suggested using with frenzy. but you also have to keep in mind frenzy has a higher mana cost than most other melee skills at 18 base mana (instead of typical 10-11). this will make every multiplier add up that much more.

in BoR with multistrike, melee damage at full life and melee splash my frenzy cost is 108 mana per cast. without BoR it would be slightly lower, but with added gems it would be higher. Now my attack speed is literally insane, so i cast 10 times per second.........LOL. this is obviously completely unsustainable with even the highest level mana leech.

your attack speed will not be remotely near mine, but even with 9 attacks per second (approx what you would have), which is 3 casts per second, you'll be looking at say 300 mana per second. i highly doubt you will sustain that leech especially since mana leech is capped to 12.5% your max mana.

"
Kullevi wrote:
I'm using build based on your LS build in invasion. Currently lvl 78.

Just quick question:

Have you ever tried puncture?

I have puncture+inc crit dmg + inc duration + melee phys dmg on my gloves and its amazing when it crits.

One crit is enough to kill invaders if they move and all the moving map bosses I have tried, have also dropped to one single crit puncture IF they are moving. Im running 71 maps now(still awesome exp for my lvl).

Could be useful vs some hard bosses, maybe even the trio before atziri? With quality gems and vuln+temp chain curse I could see them dropping pretty fast.

puncture is definitely an amazing skill now-a-days. i think it would be a great secondary source of damage for this build and literally ANY melee crit build. you puncture, and kite with LS or just keep whacking away. either way the puncture bleed is added dps that is almost free, just like vaal double strike. theres no reason not to roll with it
Last edited by iRace82 on Mar 30, 2014, 12:37:00 PM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Junkx wrote:

Would this be more reasonable? Worst comes to worst, I can use a Mana Leech gem, or Blood Magic, but I doubt you can't manage with EB + Mana Leech + Clarity...

Hi man, as JunKx pointed out - frenzy takes up a lot of mana because of your high attack speed. Attack speeds of 13 attacks/sec or even up to 16 depending on your weapon - it is really very hard to sustain that with mana and EB, without Soul Taker. You could try Blood Magic though - however this may not help because the mana multiplier on BM is extremely high and will not be a good idea since our life pool is not massive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info