ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Ceryneian wrote:
Running 2 60% auras is a stretch in this build without soul taker. The good thing is that both Hatred and Grace are green gems, so you can swap one for the other as you like.

For the lightning strike build you really only need Hatred. I am running purity of ice as well because I have not balanced my resistances on gear yet

My reduce mana gem is level 18 atm, dps still kinda low. Do you think that after getting a level 20 reduce mana and the DPS dagger nodes ive talked about i would have enough DPS to run 2 auras and have almost no mana issues (i would have 4% phys damage leeched back as mana, 2% from the tree and 2% from gloves)

Also, its very hard to solo maps on Invasion (70+ maps) because of the invasion bosses you really want to party while mapping thats why i use grace instead of Hatred atm. Most people use Hatred on their builds and i rather be in a situation where my teamates are far from me and i dont have the Hatred Aura rather than not havig Grace at all times.

Anyways build is working just fine, i should reach 71% block chance in the next few levels and by level 90 i will have the Adders Touch and build should be done :).

EDIT: Doing some research about Adders Touch i found this:

Deals chaos damage equal to 10% of the damage done by the hit per second, for 2 seconds.

EDIT:Yes, chaos damage - clarified my description.

Quote from Mark_GGG

Since i havent seen this statement in the thread (perhaps i missed it) it would be good if u post it on the main page. I think this is very important because the skill doesnt explain what the poison really does, for how long and how much damage is taken.

With a 20k DPS mobs would take 2k as Chaos damage for 2 seconds and since most of the time you crit they take Chaos damage the whole fight, and this extra 10% Chaos Damage isnt showed in the tooltip DPS.
Last edited by JerryVoy on Apr 8, 2014, 12:50:39 PM
Hi, I"m in love this this Lightning Strike build, so thanks for posting this!

One question though, would it be ok, or even optimal to use Iron Grip support gem instead of Additional Accuracy?
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Will move axe build down to 2nd post, and will be condensing it.

Just move it down if you want, no need to condense. More information is always good.
Bookmarked
Im the guy who died in invasion with this build.. check page or two back for my post :P

So, I after dying to trio bosses in invasion. I tried it again in standard and got them down. The rainmaker got me two times, I dont know, she just keeps one-two shotting me down.

Here is my gear:
Spoiler

Stats:
Spoiler

Tree: (Im missing block nodes and I would drop the duelist area if I go rathpith and get little more res)

I dont think going IR is good with this build, its hard to hit enough armour. There just is no points with all the crit, life and block points.

If I take the crit multi gem out my dps drops from 22k to 15k.

I think best setup would be dropping additional accuracy for life leech gem and get accuracy on gloves and ring(s).

About leech. With my setup, it only leeches from physical dmg and its NOT enough so I think life leech gem is MUST.

Here is short video(30s) with my char on standard now. Last boss in atziri trio. Im getting seriously owned here, not using life leech gem is huge mistake in this fight. I also think evasion would be better for this fight and MORE block.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9C9RRSc4JE

Video also shows how hatred+grace+reduced mana works with 2% mana leech.

Here is some mana math if you are intrested:
Spoiler

I can leech 12.5% of my maximum mana in second. So I can leech 911*0.125=113

My skill takes 48 mana and I hit 5.25 times in second. 48*5.25= 252

Multistrike does three hits per one usage so its 252/3= 84 mana per second used.

I regen 19 mana per second, so my usage per second is 84-19= 65 mana per second.

I hit 88% of the time and my physical dmg is 22k/2=11k.

So I can leech 11k*0.02=220 mana per second in MELEE range.

Hit change 88% so I average leech 220*0.88= 196 mana per second.

Finally: I do my skill and spend 84 mana per second and leech 196.

Max mana leech per second was 113, so Im mana leech capped in melee range and never run out of mana if I'm hitting things. 113-84= 29 mana gained after hitting and leeching.

Now ranged I run out of mana because the pool is so small and I havent done the math for it, but I will run out of mana if I just spam ranged.

Okay, sorry for long post. Here is couple questions for you:

1. How do you kill Atziris healing mobs with LS? 19k(had to switch gear a little) dmg was NOT enough for that. The projectiles doesnt hit them well enough. I switched to reave and could kill them all easily.

2. I forgot what I had to ask, maybe ill post it later :D

Okay, I did the atziri trio again and now with life leech gem. When I got the rainmaker down, I could just outleech the other two. Atziri still killed me tho, need more practice =D
"
MarcAurelius wrote:
Hi, I"m in love this this Lightning Strike build, so thanks for posting this!

One question though, would it be ok, or even optimal to use Iron Grip support gem instead of Additional Accuracy?

Hi, thanks for post. Yes you can use it Iron Grip. But I do not think it is not optimal because this is not a strength-based build. If you were stacking a lot of strength then it would be good, but we do not focus on strength. Also - it only affects your projectiles, whereas Additional Accuracy affects your melee attack AND projectiles.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 9, 2014, 11:46:32 PM
"
Kullevi wrote:
Okay, I did the atziri trio again and now with life leech gem. When I got the rainmaker down, I could just outleech the other two. Atziri still killed me tho, need more practice =D

Hey man thanks for post and the vid. Here are my suggestions, hope these help you out:
- This is not an Iron Reflexes build - as you say yourself the armor you get is around 6K and this is not really enough - most armor-focused builds get 20K+. 6K armor will not mitigate much damage against the heavy physical hits. This build is based around evasion so that you can take full advantage of synergies like Blind (75% reduced chance to hit) and quality Enfeeble linked to Enhance (for high damage reduction and up to 66% reduced accuracy). You cannot take full advantage of these benefits if you have low / no evasion. If you really want to use Iron Reflexes get a Granite Flask and use Molten Shell - but it is not optimal for this build
- Our physical damage mitigation comes from Endurance Charges and Immortal Call.
- If you want to do end game stuff like Atziri's map - I highly recommend getting Dodge, and getting close to max block and max spell block. It will nicely complement your evasion and prevent you from relying on Block too much since Block can cause block recovery. You will notice a huge difference.
- A'alai / Chaska the rainmaker has some regular attacks, but her storm of spines is a SPELL. So you need high spell dodge and spell block - she is similar to fighting Magaera. Here are some more tips for those 3 bosses:
a) Focus on killing A'alai first
b) KEEP MOVING. With A'alai you cannot stand still and keep fighting in one spot, her storm will kill you because it is a spell and you cannot block every instance of those needles! This is where Lightning Strike shines. Keep moving and kiting, engage in melee range on her for a bit, then move out, etc. Just don't stay in one spot and it will be easy.
c) Use summon skeletons for distraction - you don't really need this but I find it very helpful when you are fighting multiple bosses at the same time. Just place the totem in a corner so that it can pull the 1 or 2 of the bosses, then you attack, then resummon the totem, etc. The point is to use the totem to create windows of opportunity when you can go in and DPS while the bosses are distracted
d) Once A'alai is dead - you can easily tank the other 2 in melee. Just make sure you apply Enfeeble, Blind, and keep taking sips from Jade

I see some people doing the trio bosses with Enduring Cry and permanent Immortal Call since they are all physical. However you DO NOT need to do this if you follow the points above - the fight will be easy.

Again, please DO NOT use Iron Reflexes against those 3 bosses because your ~6K armor will be almost useless against their attacks, and you will get low returns from using Blind and Enfeeble.

For Atziri herself, here is what I recommend:
- Get max spell block and spell dodge like this build outlines
- Manually avoid as much of the blasts as you can. Don't rush - just take it easy the blasts are easy to avoid manually and you can DPS from range with Lightning Strike
- If you want to use curses make sure you have curse removal on flask because Atziri reflects the curses.
- Atziri clones - when she goes into clone phase - you need to Enfeeble the spear thrower and focus the spear thrower so you can get Blind up on her and so you can avoid her spears easily
- Avoid hitting clone with mirror because she has near 100% reflect
- Healing stage: set up either a totem with Projectile Weakness curse or a Summon Skeletons totem. Here is how you should place them:
a) Projectile Weakness totem - set up in the middle of the room or close to the side where the zombies are approaching. This will allow you 100% pierce to destroy them quickly before they reach Atziri
or
b) Summon Skeletons totem - place this right on top of Atziri in the middle of her bubble - this will summon skeletons around her continuously so the minions will start getting blocked from reaching her xD.
- If you want faster DPS on Atziri and the minions use Lightning Pen.
- You can use melee skill if you like as well. Instead of LS->MS->LL->AA, use Melee Splash->MS->LL/LGOH->Double Strike

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 10, 2014, 12:17:55 AM
Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the build. One of the most fun builds I've played!

(dagger was sold)

I'm really liking Bino's Kitchen Knife at the moment. I think the crit chance on it is underrated.

Last edited by cesaro on Apr 10, 2014, 11:31:16 PM
I'd also like to post my findings from leveling up a new character using this build.

I spent about 20 regrets testing the various damage clusters around the main passive tree to see how they affected the tooltip DPS of Lightning Strike.

This is mostly intended to help people leveling up, and trying to decide which nodes to take first, but I may use some of this information to decide where points go in my final build.

From the Shadows cluster (2 nodes): 13.98% more

Bloodthirst cluster (2 nodes): 8.44% more

Heartseeker cluster (3 nodes): 9.88% more

8% attack speed node at Ranger start: 3.48% more

20% accuracy node: 2.47% more

Influence cluster (3 nodes w/Hatred): 5.91% more and very minor less reserved mana

Arcing Blows (2 nodes): 2.68% more

Lightning dmg + Shock nodes (2 nodes): 1.5% more + 5% shock chance

-------------------------------------------------------
Replacing Life Leech with Added Fire: 25.9% more
Replace Life Leech with Weapon Elemental Damage: 33.4% more
-------------------------------------------------------

Abyssus helm with Tabula Rasa: 67.3% more (I felt this was not particularly feasible. Less block, more phys damage taken = Bad idea without MoM or Lightning Coil)

Some notes:
Spoiler
This was at lv. 70 approximately.
I had a 17/20 LS gem and a 20/20 inc. critical damage gem, running hatred only, with Bino's Kitchen Knife. My tooltip DPS was about 15k while I was testing these (before various increases iirc) I'm now at 19.9k dps with life leech gem in RRRB BoR at lv. 77, or 26.5k with WED instead of life leech

Last edited by cesaro on Apr 11, 2014, 1:01:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info