ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Ceryneian wrote:

Looks good, I updated my original post with more info for those of you interested or not able to read chinese.

The official version actually is pretty identical to the one Mors posted even though there's this huge debate on how its not the real one.

I really want more life since i am in no way lacking in dps, but with the new tree it seems harder for me to pick up spare life nodes because there really is none.
SPorkTots
"
B_L_3_E_D wrote:

Looks good, I updated my original post with more info for those of you interested or not able to read chinese.

The official version actually is pretty identical to the one Mors posted even though there's this huge debate on how its not the real one.

I really want more life since i am in no way lacking in dps, but with the new tree it seems harder for me to pick up spare life nodes because there really is none.

Thanks man! Glad to here the tree vs. what Mors posted are pretty much identical for us. I revised the tree some more to get Acro and optimized some paths:

I agree with you on the life - it is so hard to get some on the tree. But at level 90 you have an extra ~360 life from the 12 life per level instead of the original 8 life per level. From what I hear they are also reducing monster damage? But I am not too worried about life on this build.

Agree, EB is out for this build unless you are making way to get Static Blows anyway.

I really like the pierce changes for projectiles since that gives a HUGE boost to our AOE. I did not grab those nodes yet but will see as I keep working on the tree. Sleight of Hand will give more damage than Sniper on this build - for both ranged and melee since the mod "% increased physical damage with melee weapons" affects both melee attack and projectiles for LS.

Shadow Start
- Shadow may give stronger start than Ranger - depending on how much you value the 20% accuracy at Ranger
- Instead of getting the 8% projectile nodes at Ranger, Shadow start can get the 10% physical damage nodes - this is like 10% increase to your physical damage and 10% increase to your Lightning damage since your total physical damage is split 50/50 as phys and lightning
- You can also go the Shadow elemental node start - this is if you are focusing more on the lightning part of the build where you can get 58% increased elemental damage at Shadow start. This will go well with getting the Ranger elemental damage with weapon nodes and the Static Blow nodes
Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 14, 2014, 8:53:24 AM
fudge - this new tree looks absolutely badass for ranger and shadow. it is really tempting me to come back to this game, lol. but i can't.
"
Junkx wrote:
fudge - this new tree looks absolutely badass for ranger and shadow. it is really tempting me to come back to this game, lol. but i can't.

JunKx come back!!
Updated tree below:

Build

Comparison Between Old and New Tree - 1 point difference, I plan to tweak some more and reconsider bandit choices.

1. Most glaring issue to me is lack of Strength. I would need more Strength to yield Lightning Strike so I may have to reconsider gear and/or grab a node or two of strength

2. More evasion: 150% increase new tree vs. 90% in old tree

3. Life is lower (121% in new tree vs. 178% in old tree) , but I should have ~360 more life from levels than in the old build

4. Damage increase is extremely good:

a) more accuracy: 144% increased in new tree vs. 40% in old tree
b) more crit chance: 490% increased crit chance in new tree vs. 410% in old tree
c) more crit multiplier: 146% increased crit mult in new tree vs. 111% in old tree
d) more physical damage: 241% increased physical damage (excluding melee damage increases) vs. 194% in old tree
e) more elemental damage: 70% increased lightning damage (50% increased lightning, 20% increased elemental) vs. 30% increased lightning in old build
e) a bit more attack speed: 65% increased in new tree vs. 59% in old tree

Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 15, 2014, 7:44:21 PM
dude i am SERIOUSLY considering some theorycraft for a CI or lowlife acrobatics build here. no shit. it is looking legit through shadow
"
Junkx wrote:
dude i am SERIOUSLY considering some theorycraft for a CI or lowlife acrobatics build here. no shit. it is looking legit through shadow

Haha, I would love to revisit a max block witch / Shadow with evasion and Lori's Lantern!
New Update

I am now using weapon swap for my curses to take advantage of stronger curses through Curse on Hit. This is my set up below.

Alternative quiver that has interesting curse property is Asphyxia's Wrath. However for frozen and shattered mobs I did not see the curses transferring to the remaining alive mobs.

Video of Playing Style

Typically I only curse on bosses, but in this vid I am trying it out as much as I can.

http://youtu.be/7JyGEJunk4s

Pros
- More powerful curses
- Much safer to curse using the bow because it gives better range than manual curse. A really good example of this is for the trio bosses for Atziri - I can now easily curse A'alai from a far distance without having to get up close - which exposes me to danger and stun interruption.
- Curse on Hit has been said to be buffed in the new patch according to the Garena patch notes - to 100% chance for curse on hit
- Frees up gem slots a LOT - I can now link Enfeeble on manual cast now linked to Inc. Duration, Blood Magic, and Faster Casting. I can also have Whirling Blades back to linking with PCOC and Faster Attacks
- Relatively low mana cost to apply curses
- Can be very flexible: Blue curses: Enfeeble, Crit Weakness, Elemental Weakness, Conductivity. Green curses: Temporal Chains, Projectile Weakness

Things to consider
- More micro
- Requires fast attack bow i.e. Quill Rain
- If you use Blood Rage you will need to keep it on gloves / boots so that it does not deactivate when you weapon swap for cursing.

This method also gives a way to apply Blind effectively in an AOE if you do not have Bringer of Rain and do not like using Smoke Mine. You could do Split Arrow + 20/20 Blind + Faster Attacks + Pierce + Inc. Duration + Enhance. Or you could mix in the Blind with a Curse on Hit set up and other curses
Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 17, 2014, 12:17:36 AM
I just have to reply before the new content and Skill Tree are up.
I started my Ranger in Ambush first as a Variante of maxBo's physical SplitArrow Guide (CoC + EK).

I should say that i played till lvl 77 with a "ManMode" Wings of Entropy Build and hit a Wall while playing Maps and trying to get to Atziri and Co.

So i was searching for a solution and you had it.
The awesome you can´t hit me build.

I played a lot with the Dagger/Lighting Strike Build, but i could not kill Atziris Minions.
I tested so much with different Gem Setups but nothing worked for me at that Moment.

So after all the RNGesus had enough and gave me a solution that i never saw coming in the first or second place :D

Spoiler

Long Story short, i changed my Skill Tree again a little bit.
It looks like that at the Moment.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAtAEfgSxBbUG6QguCSERLxXwGtsbrRvIIQMknSaVJ2EwcTB8MgE4ljpCOlg6sz3iPs9DMUd-SO5KfUt4TGBOKlFHU99VS1b6WNtbr14TYeJiWmVNZfBl8WegbXtuaXSueK55SH11fyuE2YTvhxmHdofbjDaNfY2_kAqUrZVmmSuZmpsmm4ObjaZ_qn-quKvFrK-xs7IZtUi2Qbb3txe307t8vYG95r6nw4bGos3qz3rS6tN-1CPWitfL2j3bVd0N3aje9ud055Ho1usU62PtQe4O-WP8xf66

So right now i´m a killing Dancing Queen with Cyclone.
But killing Atziri was not easier just with a "new" weapon and skill.

So what can i do if my pure Damage is enough for Atziri.
But this damn Minion Wave are still a pain in the Ass.

Right i change my Setup in the Fight, like a Weapon Swap i change my helmet.
From my Cyclone-Setup
Spoiler

To the Blow that Minion Wave up-Setup
Spoiler

From that Moment on, the Waves are no Problem at all and i kill Atziri all by myself :)
So right now im all hyped for the new content and Skill Tree :D

IGN: RubbldiKatz
"
Quertz wrote:
I just have to reply before the new content and Skill Tree are up.
I started my Ranger in Ambush first as a Variante of maxBo's physical SplitArrow Guide (CoC + EK).

I should say that i played till lvl 77 with a "ManMode" Wings of Entropy Build and hit a Wall while playing Maps and trying to get to Atziri and Co.

So i was searching for a solution and you had it.
The awesome you can´t hit me build.

I played a lot with the Dagger/Lighting Strike Build, but i could not kill Atziris Minions.
I tested so much with different Gem Setups but nothing worked for me at that Moment.

So after all the RNGesus had enough and gave me a solution that i never saw coming in the first or second place :D

Spoiler

Long Story short, i changed my Skill Tree again a little bit.
It looks like that at the Moment.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAtAEfgSxBbUG6QguCSERLxXwGtsbrRvIIQMknSaVJ2EwcTB8MgE4ljpCOlg6sz3iPs9DMUd-SO5KfUt4TGBOKlFHU99VS1b6WNtbr14TYeJiWmVNZfBl8WegbXtuaXSueK55SH11fyuE2YTvhxmHdofbjDaNfY2_kAqUrZVmmSuZmpsmm4ObjaZ_qn-quKvFrK-xs7IZtUi2Qbb3txe307t8vYG95r6nw4bGos3qz3rS6tN-1CPWitfL2j3bVd0N3aje9ud055Ho1usU62PtQe4O-WP8xf66

So right now i´m a killing Dancing Queen with Cyclone.
But killing Atziri was not easier just with a "new" weapon and skill.

So what can i do if my pure Damage is enough for Atziri.
But this damn Minion Wave are still a pain in the Ass.

Right i change my Setup in the Fight, like a Weapon Swap i change my helmet.
From my Cyclone-Setup
Spoiler

To the Blow that Minion Wave up-Setup
Spoiler

From that Moment on, the Waves are no Problem at all and i kill Atziri all by myself :)
So right now im all hyped for the new content and Skill Tree :D

Thanks for posting, glad you got the axe and found a way to improve your build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info