ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Build is very strong. DPS now around 90K with frenzy charges from Blood Rage (with LS+MultiStrike+Inc. Crit Damage+PPAD in Bringer of Rain), and 160K (with LS+MultiStrike+Inc. Crit Damage+WED), with power charges from Whirling Blades I pass 100K (with PPAD) or 190K (with WED). I have more life than before the patch only because I grabbed the extra circle of life to get some strength. Once I figure out my Strength I will unspec from these nodes and will probably be back to slightly less life than I had before the patch.

Plan is to get new gloves with some Strength and HP. So I can unspec from some strength nodes I had to grab. I will then test out Blind on Courtyard and Atziri.

I am loving the 100% curse on hit with my weapon swap curse on Quill Rain xD.

Detailed update and stats to come.

With the new life flasks you can gain so much life it will be much easier to run Blood Rage on low regen maps.

EDIT
- Switched some things around to solve some strength
- Took out PPAD and using WED instead - massive boost to melee damage - I can hit 190K which is insane when you consider the amount of defense in this build. The 190K is almost the same level as I got from my low-life COE Lightning Strike build before the patch. On average I am at 160K in fights, the 190K is with Power Charges which is now easier with Assassin's Mark
- Still need to optimize my gloves but for now I have a good solution that is giving me some Int. and Strength, but no life. I am at 3.8K HP. With some HP on the gloves life should be closer to 3.9-4K life as before the patch which I would be very happy with.
- Absolutely love the new Shock! I am freezing and shocking Atziri clones (without curse)

Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 20, 2014, 11:42:22 PM
So, what's the new tree? Do you see it viable as shadow?

Last edited by tinx9 on Aug 20, 2014, 11:38:44 PM
"
So, what's the new tree? Do you see it viable as shadow?

This is the new tree:

With new bandit choices: Kill All, Kill All, Kill All - for the passive points

You can see that I took some Strength by Witch - I had planned to put these 2 points into Ranger start (attack speed and accuracy node at start) but I like it how it is now!

Ranger is still best start for this build. Shadow can get higher DPS but you miss the life nodes that Ranger can get from start.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 20, 2014, 11:42:05 PM
Eternal Life flask + Herbalism node = OP.

You don't even need life leech with this flask if you have Herbalism. The regen it gives is way faster than my life leech. It should be even faster than 20/20 Life Leech gem. I will take off Blood Rage, take off Vitality and run another useful aura or a Herald of Ash / Ice or Tempest Shield.

Get Surgeon's mod on these so they recharge on crit. 3 uses per flask. With this build you can just use 1 of these flasks and be fine, even with no life leech. If you want to be super safe carry 2 of these, but seriously this flask is sooo good with Herbalism.

UPDATE

Tried to test Blind on Courtyard bosses - but I am freezing the bosses even with no curse it is ridiculous. I tried Atziri trio - I can face cyloner and dual striker just the same as before and I did not notice any difference. I plan to do many more Atziri runs so I can make sure the difference for Blind is still not noticeable.

Word of caution - need to be extra careful with reflect since your damage will be much higher - especially if you swap out PPAD for WED like I did. You can easily one shot if you keep attacking in melee mode a reflect pack when your DPS is 100K+. Just switch to range mode and pop a Jade flask and you will be fine against reflect.

UPDATE 2

I think this Shock change really helped this build - I tried Assassin's Mark + Ele Weakness and on Palace Dominus and I am freezing him on both forms.

UPDATE 3

- Quick video preview of the build for 1.2: http://youtu.be/FnjeJnsQU_k - detailed write up to come.

- Gear and links below. Cheap gloves for now until I find replacement:

Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 21, 2014, 2:46:26 AM
I'm having a bad time gearing the char due to tri-res needs. My resistances in this moment are 75% 31%(Cold) 75% and I'm thinking seriously on running PoI.

Most of the gear is temporal until I can find a better replacement, note that I just respecced my Shadow to make this build, I don't still have all the 20/20 or leveled gems. Anyway, would be great if you can help telling me should I change first.

Greetings and thanks for the great build!

If i may ask, now that "critical weakness" is "assassin's mark" and provide a ridiculous amount of power charge, is power charge on critical strike supporting WB still useful? I doubt it myself, and will try out something else, but i won't be able to sustain power charges against some boss.
Well, it's worth trying i guess.

Also, could we have a feedback of you running without life leech on high level map? If what you said about herbalism is true, it could boost our dps indecently.

As usual, thanks for everything, you guy are the best!
"
I'm having a bad time gearing the char due to tri-res needs. My resistances in this moment are 75% 31%(Cold) 75% and I'm thinking seriously on running PoI.

Most of the gear is temporal until I can find a better replacement, note that I just respecced my Shadow to make this build, I don't still have all the 20/20 or leveled gems. Anyway, would be great if you can help telling me should I change first.

Greetings and thanks for the great build!

Hi, thanks for trying the build. I had the same problem as you before, we are using quite a few uniques so we have to be careful with the requirements. But it is defintely doable - my old gear is still in the front page - you can see I had to run Purity of Ice to solve my cold resistance. I recommend you get upgrade your diamond ring to a ring that gives you some additional cold resistance, or upgrade belt to get one with tri-res. I also ran Purity of Elements when I was trying different rings. Only aura we need really is Hatred, so feel free to grab Purity of Ice or Purity of Elements - I did the same for a very long time.

When I switched to using Atziri Acuity I had to solve my resistances only on rings and belt. So I needed to get belt with ~40% all res and rings with ~50% all res. So you can solve resistances just from those 3 gear pieces although the belt maybe expensive to get, but the rings are usually cheap. That way you are free to get whatever you want on gloves - Atziri Acuity, Thunderfists, regular gloves, etc.

Unfortunately now we have a Strength requirement that is harder to fix than before for LS of 151 Strength so you will need to grab Strength on the tree like I did and then get some Strength on belt/rings/gloves. You will probably also need some Int. as well if you want to use high-level Enfeeble gem 159 gem.

Also important!: Lightning Strike is a based on physical damage so you need a strong physical dagger. Try to get Bino's or something for now until you can buy/craft your own rare.

"
Selath wrote:
If i may ask, now that "critical weakness" is "assassin's mark" and provide a ridiculous amount of power charge, is power charge on critical strike supporting WB still useful? I doubt it myself, and will try out something else, but i won't be able to sustain power charges against some boss.
Well, it's worth trying i guess.

Also, could we have a feedback of you running without life leech on high level map? If what you said about herbalism is true, it could boost our dps indecently.

As usual, thanks for everything, you guy are the best!

Hi! You read my mind, I was just thinking of this when I woke up. Yup, we no longer need PCOC on Whirling Blades. What you can do is try Elemental Proliferation + Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks / Inc. Crit Chance. If you crit when you whirl around you can freeze a whole pack easily with elemental proliferation.

You can also use the blue socket to put Enfeeble there, and that would free up your other gear pieces (in this case my Enfeeble is on my gloves) so you can put something else there that is interesting like Spell Totem with Skeletons or a CWDT set-up like Immortal Call + Inc. Duration or Frost Wall + Inc. Duration + Enhance or something.

Since the curses got nerfed, I am really liking the weapon swap to Curse on Hit since it provides a huge boost to the power of the curses and is 100% chance to applied so you just need to attack once or twice then swap back. If I get a 6L Quill-Rain I will add in Empower or Enhance or Inc. Duration or something like that.

I like having Enfeeble on manual, and my offensive curses on my bow since that feels easier to play with. And it is dangerous to weapon swap if you are too close to mobs so you need to be careful and only use weapon swap when you are at a distance from danger.

This eternal flask is what I am MOST excited about, I will definitely post a full run so you can see although you will probably see me use the flask only a couple of times. Best way I can show would be to purposely take some damage and get to low life and then use the flask so you can see how fast I regenerate. I absolutely love it and it is perfect for this build since you take damage so rarely you can use this flask to act as your life leech when you take damage. Only thing to remember of course is not to panic and spam the flask lol, just 1 sip is fine at a time.
Over next day or so I will update dagger and axe build, add some vids. And rework the guide with more helpful info and stuff for beginners.
Thanks for the updates, going to try this in the new league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info