Changes to Map Mods for The Awakening

"
Serleth wrote:
"
OlaSarcasm wrote:
Is Temp Chains still a mod? I haven't entered one of those maps since... god knows. It's one of those mods that is more annoying than challenging.

Yes.

dammit.. I hoped it was gone!! >.<

it's literally the only mod I ALWAYS reroll!
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
"
ObscureBalrog wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
OlaSarcasm wrote:
Is Temp Chains still a mod? I haven't entered one of those maps since... god knows. It's one of those mods that is more annoying than challenging.

Yes.

dammit.. I hoped it was gone!! >.<

it's literally the only mod I ALWAYS reroll!

+1 Surprised Temp Chains is still in the map mod pool. Not cool GGG.
IGN: RhoaSpin / RhoaTempest
"
Serleth wrote:
"
BurakUeda wrote:
Wow!
Nice changes.
Love the increased difficulty = increased rewards change.

But still, no word on tilesets?
Please make them random for all levels, just like Zana does.

Tilesets will not be random. Dungeon will always be 68, Mountain Ledge always 69, etc.

Did GGG say that?

I can't see any reason why.
I mean, creating random tilesets with random levels is already in the game, but available only in Zana maps.
Also in some other master's maps but mini versions.
Last edited by BurakUeda on Jun 26, 2015, 3:16:44 AM
"
Temp Chains

It doesn't roll on corrupted zones or maps <74 anymore, so there's that. (none of the curses do)
I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
"
BurakUeda wrote:

Did GGG say that?

I can't see any reason why.
I mean, creating random tilesets with random levels is already in the game, but available only in Zana maps.
Also in some other master's maps but mini versions.

Yes, although I'm not going to dig up the quote, because the evidence is in Beta. They have made no changes regarding tilesets being fixed.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 26, 2015, 3:21:29 AM
"
GGG_Neon wrote:

There will be new mods added in patches following the launch of The Awakening.

So you are going to push untested and likely broken stuff on live directly? What was the point to even bother with whole beta thing then?

Also changes to blue pack mod is horrendous. Bloodlines was already second worst addition to the game after invasion mechanics and now you enforcing it. Good job GGG. Think I'll run my maps white now. If I'll be playing in 2.0 at all.
In years to come
You hear my name
When darkness falls
On judgment day
"
Lorginir wrote:
"
GGG_Neon wrote:

There will be new mods added in patches following the launch of The Awakening.

So you are going to push untested and likely broken stuff on live directly? What was the point to even bother with whole beta thing then?

Also changes to blue pack mod is horrendous. Bloodlines was already second worst addition to the game after invasion mechanics and now you enforcing it. Good job GGG. Think I'll run my maps white now. If I'll be playing in 2.0 at all.

It's pretty hard to introduce "broken" map mods.

Bloodlines was one of the best things to happen, imho. Except for Necrovigil/P-Link, anyway. Made my map experience much more fun. Same for Invasion.

I don't 100% agree with it being forced, if you want magic packs, but it does fall in line with the risk-reward schema they're introducing, so I'm alright with it as long as the system itself improves the general consistency of low-to-mid tier map pools.
"
LostArtz wrote:
All Mods which directly apply an effect to the player, or adjust the player's stats will also increase the Monster Pack Size on the Maps, this includes applying curses, reducing maximum resistances, preventing regeneration (or reducing it) and others.

This is just... I for the live of me don't understand why I'd want more mobs when I'm being directly de-buffed by the map. That's like double-dipping but in the worst possible way.

+pack size is almost never a bad thing. It's something you want, whenever possible, because its essentially an exp AND loot "more" multiplier. The vast majority of the lethal enemies in the game aren't more dangerous in larger packs, they're just lethal because of what they are. The only exceptions are devourers and leapers/chargers, but my understanding is that leapers and chargers are far less likely to dogpile all at once than they used to be.
Yup.
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
The More Magic Monsters Mod has been combined with the Bloodlines Mod, meaning you get more magic monsters, but each magic pack will have a Bloodline Mod.

Just to be sure: Native magic monsters (w/o the MMM mod) will not have Bloodlines mod, correct?
"
BurakUeda wrote:
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
The More Magic Monsters Mod has been combined with the Bloodlines Mod, meaning you get more magic monsters, but each magic pack will have a Bloodline Mod.

Just to be sure: Native magic monsters (w/o the MMM mod) will not have Bloodlines mod, correct?

No. It's effectively like running a Bloodlines map.

Tested it earlier, each pack had a mod on it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info