Detonate Dead

"
delgar89 wrote:
Does increased Elemental Damage with Weapons works with DD or only increaded ele dmg ?

Only increased elemental damage.
I have been testing detonate dead for a few days now and i don't understand 2 things with that skill.

1. Radius of Detonate Dead is just to small for my taste, while there is skill - Discharge that is much easier to use compared to Detonate Dead - even with all the increase radius nods, gems etc it radius is still so low. It's much harder to use than discharge coz you need corspe first and mobs can allways be out of corspe range or corpse can be destroyed by cold damage and discharge need charges thats are much easier to get and others can generate charges for them with conduit.

2. Why this skill don't use spell dmg and yet life leech and ele reflect works just perfectly fine ? I imagine that taking the life leech from this spell would hurt DD builds that use it as main spell really badly and maybe make it not viable. But this is somehow illogical.
Be water, my friend.
Last edited by delgar89 on Jul 14, 2013, 1:10:08 PM
"
delgar89 wrote:
2. Why this skill don't use spell dmg and yet life leech and ele reflect works just perfectly fine?

Because Leech works on any Damage (Detonate Dead deals Damage), and Ele Reflect works on any Elemental Damage (Fire damage is Elemental).

Attacks don't benefit from Spell Damage. Should they not trigger Reflect and Leech? I don't see the reasoning.

(comparing skills to other, way overpowered skills is silly)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 15, 2013, 8:32:39 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
delgar89 wrote:
2. Why this skill don't use spell dmg and yet life leech and ele reflect works just perfectly fine?

Because Leech works on any Damage (Detonate Dead deals Damage), and Ele Reflect works on any Elemental Damage (Fire damage is Elemental).

Attacks don't benefit from Spell Damage. Should they not trigger Reflect and Leech? I don't see the reasoning.

(comparing skills to other, way overpowered skills is silly)

Why it is silly that im comparing one skill that can be used only in limited circumstances to other skill that is much easier to use ? Oo

Detonate dead doesn't deal dmg. It blows up corpse that deals dmg. Same as with traps. That's why I don't udnerstand why life leech and ele reflect worsk on it while spell damage ain't.

After following BobSlop build for a like 4 days now and making it to 76 i can say 2 things: it's pretty fun solo and is unplayable in groups in most cases becouse of cold damage. Someone runing hatred can just disable whole build dps making me throwing my limited traps around. Not to mention something like Freezing Pulse. It's dumb, I think even if the body shatter i should still be able to explode it's remainings.
Be water, my friend.
Last edited by delgar89 on Jul 15, 2013, 7:23:20 PM
Fire Trap benefits from Spell Damage but you can't Leech with it. Whether it deals Spell Damage or not has nothing to do with Reflect or Leech. At all.

You cast a Fireball. The fireball hits a monster and explodes. Should you not take Reflect damage from the AoE effect because it's the fireball dealing damage? You create the explosion, you take the damage.

Detonate Dead does not deal Spell Damage, and as such Spell Damage does not apply. Simple as that.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 16, 2013, 12:40:31 PM
When fire ball does reflect to me it's fireball created by me. Fire trap is not reflecting becouse i'm not the source of it. Also i think i'm not the source of explosion but the corpse is.

Btw why does Traps are counted as spells and Detonate is not ?
Be water, my friend.
"
delgar89 wrote:

Bear Trap doesn't deal Spell Damage. While we're on the topic, neither does Shockwave Totem.

DD would be far too powerful if it benefits from Spell Damage. With Righteous Fire and just a single decent Wand you can hit for over 100% of Monster Life in AoE damage. That's insane.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
delgar89 wrote:

Bear Trap doesn't deal Spell Damage. While we're on the topic, neither does Shockwave Totem.

DD would be far too powerful if it benefits from Spell Damage. With Righteous Fire and just a single decent Wand you can hit for over 100% of Monster Life in AoE damage. That's insane.

I oneshot every mob without fire resis, that has equal or less health as the corpse.
you just need flamability and concentrated effect.
i run searing touch, Infernal Mantle and some fire passives but i think thats just bonus damage.

running solo is not a problem with DD but it's kinda bad in groups with more than 2 players or ice-casters!
DD needs to one-shot or you get out of corpses. with more players, mobs have more health and DD doesn't work anymore

you cant just only rely on DD you need other spells, obviously
Yes, but you have a fair investment into damage increases, so that's fair; the setup I mentioned doesn't even require passives or a specific (and potentially pricy, if you want a good roll) Unique item. That's why allowing DD to scale with Spell Damage is nuts; it would be extremely cheap to one-shot everything.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 17, 2013, 11:38:01 AM
My detonate dead tooltip is all messed up, i have 160% ish spell crit chance and it still shows as 5% crit chance, when it should be

4.5 x 2.6 = 11.7%.

Also, i just started lvling it and noticed the phys damage portion of the spell is not affected by your spell damage, which i thought was.

Its doing max of 70 damage right now, so a ~20% increase in damage (base 58). Thats consistent to my 20% aoe increase from passives. I expected it to be multiplied by the 20% and my 60% spell dam, for a total of 92% increase in physical damage.

Would the phys portion of the damage be affected by +phys damage % like the one handed nodes, rustic sashes and stuff like that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info