Bladefall

Ok question about this gem,
With bladefall, spell echo, conc effect, LL, and added fire

I have vaal pact and if I do physical reflect I am fine for the first volley but die when the second volley hits. Along with the 2% from the gem I had doryanis belt on.

For defense I am acro/phase acro

I use LC with either 75 or 79 depending on if I have saffels or rathpith equiped.

I am 40 % evade, 40% dodge, 30% spell dodge 20% block 11% spell block

On top of that I run Artic armor 20/20, chaos golem 20, and have atziris flask, granite and topaz and still manage to insta die on 2nd volley

Am i just outdamgeing my leech or does it only work on first volley?
So i played around with the Skill until lvl79 so far, and i invested only defensively on the tree.
The gem needs no increased damage from Nodes, all it needs are multipliers from support gems.

There are one of the best multipliers supporting the damage of this AoE skill: Conc, Controlled destruction, Spell echo.

Right now it feels to me as if the gem does the same thing as Incinerate did before its nerf, zero investment into dmg, go full out on defense and lifenodes.

Since the gem is physical damage i am not screaming for nerfs, because phys reflect is a big issue for this kind of build. Im very sure that is working as intended, to counter the huge power.

Being on the right side doing this build, will give you trouble with reflect, a new player going acrobatics with this skill will run into a unpleasant surprise when hitting reflect.
On the left side you are running into Problems with stat requirements, so i can see a balance in there.

But i still think right now the gem does its thing a little bit too good, other skills lose power from equipping conc effect for example, this gem is not hurt the aoe is still sufficient and you get a free multiplier. When i take bladevortex for example i have to work with the gem, use increased duration and maybe increased aoe on it, to make it a good build. Which both are no damage increase, so in the end i deal less damage with vortex than i do with BF but with vortex i put myself into melee range.

This is my experience with the gem. I just felt like sharing it. NOTE: My build uses NO CRIT! I use NO Increased damage from the tree, I use a cybills paw to Increase spell damage through Block. Im a 79 Scion.
"
voodoojin wrote:

Right now it feels to me as if the gem does the same thing as Incinerate did before its nerf

And this is why smoking crack is bad ^
R.I.P 4.B.
Skills very cool and works great imo except one thing. Why does this skill have such terrible effective range? You literally can only cast it from mid screen distance without having to walk into position. While other skills like blast rain,firestorm,rain of arrows,whispering ice can all be used very far away while stationary. At first I thought it was an aoe issue or lack of, so I tested it quite a bit but results were the same. I'd like to see this skill have a better effective cast range.

Edit: See this has been the concern of many posters so far.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Feb 13, 2016, 7:46:23 PM
Playing a shadow - I don't see much defense on that side of the tree. Should I go endurance charge, as there seems to be no armour on
the shadow tree?

Also, Is light coil best unique chest, and what would be be the best support gems - poison -conc effect - faster casting -spell echo maybe?
"
tryhardgg wrote:
"
voodoojin wrote:

Right now it feels to me as if the gem does the same thing as Incinerate did before its nerf

And this is why smoking crack is bad ^

I have no experience with drugs, but maybe you were on one as you posted this garbage.

Make sure to quote the full sentence next time, as i have a 100% valid argument by saying that it does the same thing as incinerate did 'before' its nerf because it requires no dmg nodes to deal a lot of dmg.
If you had a difference experience with the Skill make sure to give feedback.

Cheers

PS: I played to lvl89 and what i said held true
I started a shockwave totem build. It turned into a bladefall build. I started a lightning strike build. It also is turning into a bladefall build. The skill is just too strong. Nothing else feels playable by comparison. Why play any weapon build when this has higher base physical than god tier 2h weapons without accuracy gimping, can still use a shield, hits the whole screen, aoe around corners, even rains clear over frost wall for insane safety. There used to be an inherent limitation on spells not having access to "more" damage mods as readily as melee, but the addition of better spell supports, and the state of this spell not only makes every weapon build irrelevant, it makes every other spell irrelevant too. Not hard to see why every phc uber atziri farmer is a bladefall build.

I could play something that doesn't hit the whole screen, but it would do less single target damage. How is this balanced?
"
voodoojin wrote:
So i played around with the Skill until lvl79 so far, and i invested only defensively on the tree.
The gem needs no increased damage from Nodes, all it needs are multipliers from support gems.

Right now it feels to me as if the gem does the same thing as Incinerate did before its nerf, zero investment into dmg, go full out on defense and lifenodes.

But i still think right now the gem does its thing a little bit too good, other skills lose power from equipping conc effect for example, this gem is not hurt the aoe is still sufficient and you get a free multiplier.

This is my experience with the gem. I just felt like sharing it. NOTE: My build uses NO CRIT! I use NO Increased damage from the tree, I use a cybills paw to Increase spell damage through Block. Im a 79 Scion.

100% True! Guy with 70 lvl and 5 link killed Uber for fun and was faster then some builds can ever imagine. BladeFall = good example just how bad, useless bad GGG devs when it comes to numbers and calculating.

Balance? Then forgot about GGG, they never hear that word, as they still not fixed BladeFall for such a long time.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Hello,

Just a little question about the skill.

Bladefall's individual blade is counted as projectile?
A. Yes: Why not effected by projectile node and support skill.
B. No: Why it's blocked by Proximity Shield? I can only do damage when I stand inside the shield
Bladefall is not a Projectile. Proximity shields protect against every external source of Damage, not just Projectiles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info