Performance Improvements

Ty but 2017 is so far away, can you at least give us option to Toggle Low/Mid/High/Off Skill Quality, Party Skills Quality, Ground Effect ??

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1352458
IGN: MENT

https://github.com/ment2008/POE/releases - My Loot Filter
"
For example, opening a Strongbox can generate a random Rogue Exile.

That means you can improve performance in that situation by loading as many MTX as possible on your character. :P
"
64-bit DirectX 11 Client
In the future we plan to release an alternate Path of Exile client that is compiled as a 64-bit executable and will use DirectX 11 rather than DirectX9. This client will require Windows Vista or above (and a 64-bit CPU). The old client will still work for Windows XP or 32 bit machines, but won't have the performance improvements that come with DirectX 11. This release is planned for 2017.

I know things take time but 2017 is way too far down the road for these options. Performance issues across the board are the single most important issue currently with POE. It's just as prevalent and disruptive to the game play experience as desync ever was before lockstep became a thing.

2017 is a long way's away..............
Last edited by Menacetech on Apr 6, 2016, 1:50:45 AM
"
sklipnoty wrote:
"
"
sklipnoty wrote:
but won't have the performance improvements that come with DirectX 11. This release is planned for 2017.

Euhm ? You guys for real? Dx12 is out ! I mean honestly you are still talking about XP? Fast-forward 5 years plz.
DirectX 12 is still brand new, I don't expect there to be a lot of knowledgeable coders out there that understand it well and can code for it well/optimize it. Everyone is still in the learning phase! It would make no sense for them to go to DirectX 12 when hardly anyone knows how to optimize it or use it, when thousnads/millions of people have great understanding of DirectX 11 and there are tons of resources and documentation for DirectX 11 unlike DirectX 12 which currently has what? An SDK? Whoopdeedoo.

I agree but up until a certain point. If you don't invest time and resources now, you will see the same performance story within a couple of years. Aside from that dx12 is alot more than an SDK.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn899121(v=vs.85).aspx

Anyway I think it's bs to punish people who cleary do have the resources to take this game to the next level.

Ow and switching PoE's engine, I'm all for it btw. :). Do a support pack round for it and only that and I'm in.

Just because DX12 will be release doesn't mean that it will make a huge difference for path of exile. As mentioned, it may not be stable for some time resulting in even more trouble.

And you forgot another problem too: DX12 will work only on windows 10. GGG can't expect everyone to upgrade to Win10 so that they can play their game.

When it comes to switching POE's engine, I don't think this will happen anytime soon. This is a enormous and very expensive task and the time and money they spent to optimize the current engine will go to waste.
Last edited by phmn on Apr 6, 2016, 1:55:54 AM
As far as what i was experienced in gw2, 64 bit client will be huge improvement. Cant wait to see this one.
both funny and sad to see the positions of people who supported the game several packages of the game lag

* Still waiting for the setting to turn off half effects
**but anyway thx for game
"

Just because DX12 will be release doesn't mean that it will make a huge difference for path of exile. As mentioned, it may not be stable for some time resulting in even more trouble.

And you forgot another problem too: DX12 will work only on windows 10. GGG can't expect everyone to upgrade to Win10 so that they can play their game.

When it comes to switching POE's engine, I don't think this will happen anytime soon. This is a enormous and very expensive task and the time and money they spent to optimize the current engine will go to waste.

Perhaps the problem is that GGG's tries to support to many Potato's. I mean you need to put the bar somewhere. I prefer stability over wide-support.

Honestly It sounds to me like the only real fix for this game. What mess around for another 2 years to optimize the current engine? I'm they are rewriting whole portions of it, so why not do it good from the start?
"
"
sklipnoty wrote:
but won't have the performance improvements that come with DirectX 11. This release is planned for 2017.Dx12 is out ! I mean honestly you are still talking about XP? Fast-forward 5 years plz.
DirectX 12 is still brand new...

...and it would be a completely silly decision to 'lock out' anything "older" than that widely unwanted - and completely unneccessary - WinX.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Arkanrais wrote:
"
VarthDaver wrote:
Any chance you can let the client actually load the whole amount into RAM? Those of us with 16/32/64GB ram would likely trade initial load for removing lag.

Otherwise, glad to have the update!

if you've got the ram for it, then creating a ram disc and installing PoE on it would be a performance improvement in the mean time

edit: I'm hoping the dx11 64 bit client has some good multithreading. it's not so good to see one and a half threads being used while gaming on a 12 thread system

I actually run 64GB, can have loaded PoE entirely onto ramdisk, but it offers almost no performance gain over my current 3x Raid0 SSD array. That is comparing 1250/1250 vs 12.5k/12.5k, but the client still will constantly lag when loading resources.

I believe it has to do with the fact that it is still limited by a serial operation, which is not designed to take advantage of a full memory load.
PLEASE, let us disable all sounds but Loot Filter Notifications.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info